Author Topic: Vanessa uses this book for "Heroes & Thieves"?  (Read 1900 times)

Kellang.ly

Vanessa uses this book for "Heroes & Thieves"?
« on: January 25, 2008, 11:33:29 pm »
Maybe this is not worth enough to be talk about or post, but it is interesting though. It seems that V's text on her H&T booklet and songs like "More than This" contains texts from "A Child's Garden of Verses" by Robert Louis Stevenson. You can find the full version on Google Books. The book was published in 1921. On page 42 of Google version, the poem "Happy Thought" exactly stated "the world is so full of a number of things, I'm sure we should be happy as kings". On page 18, the poem "Foreign Lands" contains that text of "...blue-looking glass.." In MTV Cribs, Vanessa was talking about a book given to her from Stevie Nick that was special to her. Was that the poem book she was holding? Anyways, the book brings back a lot of childhood memories that is innocent in a lot of ways and shares similar characteristics to the theme of H&T.   :arrow: Here is the site: http://books.google.com/books?id=35cNAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 12:11:55 am »
yeah, i think she said something about using a few books for the quotes in the album booklet.

8)

musician

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 09:56:30 am »
Ya, once I thougth the text "the world is full..." was hers. I've just written it down in my thesis on the quote page and I put V's name just so anybody would know that it was hers...

If you read on the last page of her booklet, there it's mentioned that "The Moon" & "Happy Thoughts" written by Robert Lewis Sevenson. I didn't know what this mean until you brought this up...
The dreamers got punished most by truth

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 10:53:40 am »
yes ive found that book online before cuz i was curious. +:)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<