Author Topic: and so it is... again.  (Read 2835 times)

blueditty

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
and so it is... again.
« on: April 28, 2009, 04:54:44 am »
anyone know why vanessa is apparently no longer witn the inc?

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: and so it is... again.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 06:04:41 am »
Probably because they did no promotion and didn't support her as much as they (or Irv) promised. Perhaps she simply wants to go the independent route this time, so as not to deal with big labels that make big promises and do little promotion.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 06:08:55 am »
i think she should have went indie with her last record anyway....i think she was promoted enough.....the way an artist of her stature should be promoted....the best thing for her to do is choose a distribution company with a good deal(50/50) and start her own label.....the distribution does most of the work anyway...and like someone else said she'll be able to control the way her fanbase receives her music weather it be digital releases, eps or a full album.....it's better for an artist like vanessa who does like to disapear for quite sometime in between projects to focus and gain some inspiration from other outlets.  i honestly don't know how any record label would feel about her doing film scores on the side of a musical career...so this indie idea really opens up tons of new doors for vanessa and i am so excited.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 06:47:29 am »
because irv was all talk and no action.
at least that's why i would have ditched him.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

beautyofspeed

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 09:18:22 am »
Because record companies are dying out! It's more common for people to go solo these days. I guess she just got fed up of people making money off her hard work and talent and giving nothing back. The only reason you need to go with a record label is because they have the money to promote you, have deals with radio companies etc.. but she's not been getting any of that for years now. I'm pleased she's gone indie, she's got the experience and a big enough fan base to live off comfortably now she'll get a bigger share.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 10:04:43 am »
because irv was all talk and no action.
at least that's why i would have ditched him.

right.