Author Topic: Math homework...anyone wanna help me?  (Read 4408 times)

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Math homework...anyone wanna help me?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2003, 07:33:33 pm »
Thanks a lot!! If i do well on the test that I have not next monday but the monday after that I'll tell ya all and I'll tell my teacher that my nessaholics.com peeps helped me a lot!! :) Yup!! :) For sure!! hehe
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2003, 07:37:45 pm »
It's 48. Even I got it.

You have to break it up and things.

We'd started out with (6g - 3h), alright? Now, switch the letters with the numbers. You should have (6 x 5 - 3 x 4). (I added multiplicatio sign thinges in there so it's easier to read.) ALWAYS DO YOUR MULTIPLYING OR DIVIDNG FIRST. So, you start from the left, and you say 6 x 5 = 30, and 3 x 4 = 12. So, it's now 30 - 1, which, is simple. It's 18. Now that you've got 18 for the left side, all you need to do is get the right side taken care of. (2g + 5h), which, if you change the letters CORRECTLY would be 2 x 5 + 5 x 4. 2 x 5 = 10 and 5 x 4 = 20. What's 10 + 20? It's 30. Then, you get the 18 back, and add, 30 + 18, which is where you get your answer, 48[/u].

LimeTwister

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2003, 04:33:54 am »
Quote from: "TSE"
We Learned
Please Excuse my Dear Aunt Sally

Parenthesis, Exponents, Multiplication/Division, Addition/Subtraction

I learned that too...

Quote from: "PIBby"
It's 48. Even I got it.

You have to break it up and things.

We'd started out with (6g - 3h), alright? Now, switch the letters with the numbers. You should have (6 x 5 - 3 x 4). (I added multiplicatio sign thinges in there so it's easier to read.) ALWAYS DO YOUR MULTIPLYING OR DIVIDNG FIRST. So, you start from the left, and you say 6 x 5 = 30, and 3 x 4 = 12. So, it's now 30 - 1, which, is simple. It's 18. Now that you've got 18 for the left side, all you need to do is get the right side taken care of. (2g + 5h), which, if you change the letters CORRECTLY would be 2 x 5 + 5 x 4. 2 x 5 = 10 and 5 x 4 = 20. What's 10 + 20? It's 30. Then, you get the 18 back, and add, 30 + 18, which is where you get your answer, 48[/u].

This was already established CeCe.