Author Topic: Kids talk about nessa - wanna hear what they think...?  (Read 2667 times)

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Kids talk about nessa - wanna hear what they think...?
« on: July 07, 2003, 02:16:10 pm »
I really don't like Vanessa Carlton. I can never understand what her songs are about. Also, I heard a song by her at my friend's house, and it was AWFUL!!!
Alysson, age 12 of Ballston Spa, NY

Vanessa Carlton is all right... I guess. I can't stand the "1000 Miles" song, and the only song I particuarly like on her album is "Wanted." She doesn't have that great of a voice; kind of whiny and sometimes she tries WAY too hard to reach the high notes. And she was absolutely awful when she was performing live at the Grammies. Ugh. She is a good piano player, though. I'll give her that. I suppose she gets about two toes from me.
Caitlyn, age 13 of Cincinnati, OH

I love Vanessa Carlton because she makes me fell happy. I especially like the song "A Thousand Miles". When I am riding in the car or I am at home or in the grocery store and her song comes on the radio, I sing it all the time. In fact sometimes I sing it without even having a radio on!
Jordie, age 13 of Stockbridge, GA

I absolutely love Vanessa Carlton!!! She sings from her heart and doesn't pretend to be someone that she isn't. It is so hard to find a genuine singer who dresses apropriately and is musically talented!
Devon, age 11 of Mays Landing, NJ

I like venessa carltons music. She has a great voice, is a wonderful piano player and writes her own songs. She has talent.
Amie, age 9 of Mukilteo, WA

She is so talented. She can do it all. She can sing and also play the piano. She is definately one of the best singers.
Olivia, age 12 of Beltsville, MD

I love Vanessa's music. It is always bursting with energy and emotion. One of my favorite songs is by her. It is "One thousand miles". It talks about how far she would go for the love of her life. When she sings that song it brings good thoughts in your mind.
Logan, age 11 of Spatanburg, SC

I love Vanessa Carlton! She is one of my favorite singers! She is different from alot of other female singers becuase she doesnt just sit there and sing something someone else wrote for her. She writes the lyrics and plays her own music and you dont get alot of that right now. My favorite songs are rinse, paint it black and unsung.
Kylea, age 12 of MO

Vanessa Carlton is awesome! Her songs are amazing and the fact that she plays piano on her own, while singing, is sooo cool! She's a really nice, down to earth person! I sing for school functions and stuff and she's a really great role model! I love her personality and her songs!
Kaitlyn, age 13 of Chatham, ON

I love her songs because they say so much, and they are tell a true story.
Jamie, age 13 of Grand Island, NE

I think Vanessa Carlton's CD is the greatest beacause she sings about her life and how she feels.
Jessica, age 9 of Bridgehampton, NY

Vanessa Carlton is THE best singer ever! If anyone thinks she's depressing, she's certainly not! Only one song she sings is gloomy, and that is Paradise. It's still an awesome song! I would give her 10 toes if that were a choice!
Stephanie, age 14 of Reno, NV

I like this singer because se can do two things at once, sing and play the piano. My favoriate song by her is unsung. I would rate her 5 stars out of 5!!!
Lauren, age 10 of Rochester, NY

I love Vannessa Carlton's music. Her voice is really pretty, and she is very talented. I play the piano, just like she does. I hope I can one day, be as successful as she is!
Karli, age 14 of Yeadon, PA

I agree with everything said about Vanessa. She was #1 on the charts for a long time. I have her cd, but only listen to two of the songs because the others don't make me feel happy at all. I play the piano, so I can really appreciate how she plays her songs and sings at the same time.
Rebecca, age 12 of Newnan, GA

Vanessa Carlton is my favorite female singer. I LOVE HER MUSIC! My favorite song that she sing is A Thousand Miles. I listen to it all the time. Vanessa isn't the type to sing songs that have a lot of swears and have no point. I would definitly give her 5 toes!
Jill, age 11 of Frankfort, IL

Vanessa Carlton is AWESOME!!! I love her music! Rock on...
Kelleigh, age 13 of Tucson, AZ

I like two of Vanessa Carlton's songs, Ordinary Day, and A Thousand Miles. I don't really like the others much. Her songs are kind-of depressing in my opinion and I don't like some of the tunes to the songs. I think that in some songs her voice is really pretty and in others it sounds really bad. Kind-of dragged out. I think the backround music in her songs is pretty though.
Jen, age 15 of Frederick, MD

SHE RULES, SHE RULES, SHE RULES! When I came heer she only had one! One? What was that for? Vanessa is cool and I give her 5!
Lily, age 8 of Eureka, CA

LOVE IT! She's such a talented pianist and singer! Her music is suitable for all ages and easy listening! I've learned to play ALL her songs on my piano although she is MUCH better! 5!!!
Veronika, age 13 of Oshkosh, WI

I love it because if I walked a thousand miles I could walk for hunger which helps the people which need food.
Christopher, age 12 of Sudbury, MA

I love vanessa carlton! My favorite song is A thousand miles. She is Sooo cool! I have her C. D. and I listen to it when I wake up and when I go to bed! So I absolutley love Vanessa Carlton!
Jade, age 10 of Vancouver, WA

http://pbskids.org/zoom/reviews/vcarlton.shtml

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 02:27:06 pm »
Haha! That was great!

Thanks!

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

GermanSusi

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • ICQ Messenger - 261212972
    • MSN Messenger - susi_from_germany@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - phoebetivia
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessacarlton.net.ms
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 05:48:04 am »
It's nice to read the difference view of points.
The reasons of the kids were okay.

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2003, 08:11:40 am »
awwww... how cute lol.  thanks for sharing.  i love when little kids can appreciate good music hehe
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 05:29:32 pm »
thats sooooo cute!

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
Re: Kids talk about nessa - wanna hear what they think...?
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2003, 07:35:21 am »
Quote from: "divasteph"
Vanessa Carlton is AWESOME!!! I love her music! Rock on...
Kelleigh, age 13 of Tucson, AZ

SHE RULES, SHE RULES, SHE RULES! When I came heer she only had one! One? What was that for? Vanessa is cool and I give her 5!
Lily, age 8 of Eureka, CA

Those two ae great.

Why didn't they ask me? I'm a kid. 12 year olds are kids; Not 14 and 15 year olds. Gees.

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2003, 08:06:26 am »
the link is posted at the bottom of my first post - you can post if you would like

VanessaLover03

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GodMustHateMe003
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2003, 11:55:06 pm »
The future NESSAholics of America (we can call em the FNA)  :lol:
Im glad most em like her!
A Very Proud NESSAholic and NESSAjedi PadVan,
Alex

NESSAholics forever!!!!