Author Topic: Gwen sticks up for big sister Vanessa  (Read 6594 times)

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Re: Gwen sticks up for big sister Vanessa
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2003, 09:34:11 pm »
Quote from: "JazzyManda"
Vanessa Carlton's sister Gwen stuck up for her big sister after a negative posting by a fan of Jewel who blasted, "I just saw this chick's video on MTV and she sucks! She is trying to be like Jewel and Michelle Branch... they are so much better than her... and she's never going to make it in the business." Gwen's response...

Imagine taking three years out of your life to follow a passion. Vanessa dropped everything in her life to follow her music . Her music is who she is, and just by seeing one video of hers and listening to one song, you can only get a slanted oppinion. I highly doubt that you have ever seen her in a club spilling her guts out on the piano, then you can truely realize that this girl is for real. I dont know that you are even going to read this, but dont worry my sister most likely listened to your judgemental comment. There is a part of her that is scared to give her whole self out there into the world and to be getting judged for it. She knows that this is the backlash she gets to show people that there is more to music than Britmey Spears and O Town. People like you who dont even get to see the whole picture will realize that there is more to her than just an image, but there is a heart and passion to her music, and if you are blind to this I would wish that you tried a little harder to see it.
Thankyou for your time
Gwen Carlton

i got this searching up gwen on google. lol. maybe someone already posted this, but here ya go anyways.

\

Whoever that tool is can suck my johnson.... :roll:  :twisted:  :evil:
Amanda
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

Alecs

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2003, 09:35:51 pm »
I luv you Amanda!!!!! :lol:

High On Lullabies

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - vincent_v9142@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Gwen sticks up for big sister Vanessa
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2003, 02:26:58 pm »
Not wanting to open up the whole can of worms about who Nessa should/should not be compared to. And I'm sure this one has been done before, so apologies but....How do you compare her to Jewel and Michelle Branch, other than them all being female singer/songwriters. The style of music each makes is very different. Michelle Branch does pretty traditional rock music (with the odd exception), with Nessa, I don't know it's not just the use of the piano that's different, the drum rhythms aren't particularly tradtional I don't think. I may well be wrong here, but it's just what I think. I don't think she's much like anyone really, she's just Nessa.

'No one lent a hand, no one laid a look upon me, invisible to everything but blame, no one cared to tell, no one dared to believe in anything, and left me to drown in this pain'

Alecs

• View Profile
ummmm
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2003, 02:29:48 pm »
you said "How do you compare her to Jewel and Michelle Branch, other than them all being female singer/songwriters. The style of music each makes is very different."

and that's what we were all saying to begin with... :roll:

JazzyManda

• AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Re: Gwen sticks up for big sister Vanessa
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2003, 02:32:55 pm »
Quote from: "Alecs"
Quote from: "JazzyManda"
Vanessa Carlton's sister Gwen stuck up for her big sister after a negative posting by a fan of Jewel who blasted, "I just saw this chick's video on MTV and she sucks! She is trying to be like Jewel and Michelle Branch... they are so much better than her... and she's never going to make it in the business." Gwen's response...

Imagine taking three years out of your life to follow a passion. Vanessa dropped everything in her life to follow her music . Her music is who she is, and just by seeing one video of hers and listening to one song, you can only get a slanted oppinion. I highly doubt that you have ever seen her in a club spilling her guts out on the piano, then you can truely realize that this girl is for real. I dont know that you are even going to read this, but dont worry my sister most likely listened to your judgemental comment. There is a part of her that is scared to give her whole self out there into the world and to be getting judged for it. She knows that this is the backlash she gets to show people that there is more to music than Britmey Spears and O Town. People like you who dont even get to see the whole picture will realize that there is more to her than just an image, but there is a heart and passion to her music, and if you are blind to this I would wish that you tried a little harder to see it.
Thankyou for your time
Gwen Carlton

i got this searching up gwen on google. lol. maybe someone already posted this, but here ya go anyways.

\

Whoever that tool is can suck my johnson.... :roll:  :twisted:  :evil:
Amanda

lol, alecs, dude, don't put perverted crap in my post. ^ thank you. lol  :wink:

Amanda

Alecs

• View Profile
ummm
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2003, 10:07:06 pm »
oh brother, Amanda.... :roll:
Mr. Johnson is a nice/non perverted fan of Vanessa. What are you talking about?!?!?

:)

JazzyManda

• AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Gwen sticks up for big sister Vanessa
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2003, 07:22:01 am »
lol, ok Alecs, whatever you say.... :roll:

Amanda