Author Topic: when a new single is released...  (Read 5992 times)

LimeTwister

when a new single is released...
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2003, 07:07:18 am »
it's different from atm and od and pb...although it's nothing spy/bond like.

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2003, 12:16:04 pm »
ooh yeah that'd be cool! like have her wear a black outfit and go around like a spy!
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2003, 08:38:28 pm »
I see what you mean Jessica... I bet Wanted would do better than Pretty Baby did!  I've never heard them ruin a song so much as they did Pretty Baby.  

Jason: Just say no to that Ripe Mix!

icebox13

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - darnics
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2003, 08:56:17 am »
i wished vanessa would have had released rinse instead of pretty baby... (tense?) people knowing that she wasn't all that sweet and naive looking would see how strong she is... and lyrically, i say she's very poetic and sophisticated...
how much of a VANESSA CARLTON addict am i?
1. i have four copies of BNN--- one for my bedroom, living room, car and bathroom
2. i bought a very expensive badminton racket just because it was branded "CARLTON"

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2003, 11:15:54 pm »
Music "experts" really can't tell what's going to sell and what's not - they can only make conjectures.  A noted "expert" told the Beatles that guitar bands were on the way out in 1962.  41 years later, they haven't even peeked out the window!  And as much as I don't like her, Christina Aguilera's insistence on "Dirrty" being the lead single off her current album over the record company's suggestion of "Beautiful" paid off in a major way.  She was totally changing her sound and image, and she wanted to make a statement with it at the very front.  Back to the Beatles, who are an excellent example of what it means to be revolutionary in music, when they started producing more sophisticated and classically-influenced material in 1966, some people thought it was a little weird to say the least, but '66-'69 proved to be their greatest period, and the beginning of an era in music that is still powerful today.  I really do want people to be able to see Vanessa Carlton for what I know she is and not as just another Top 40 popstar.  That might require breaking some molds and upsetting the status quo.
Dustin

LimeTwister

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2003, 05:57:55 am »
that was insightful...

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2003, 09:21:28 am »
Yea, well I guess it is too late now....Although Pretty Baby did really well here...

Lets just hope for good on the new album!

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

irice22

If you ask me...
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2003, 05:46:48 am »
If you aske me, "Pretty Baby" was the clear choice to release. She should have released that and "Ordinary Day" on Hot AC as well. They weould have done better there, atleast "Pretty Baby" would.

"Pretty Baby" went to #21 which actually beats out a lot of third singles people had. Such as "Overprotected" ~ Brtiney Spwars which went to #34, and "Objection (Tango)" ~ Shakira which only went to #23. At that time it was not good for Vanessa to release something dark, I'm willing to bet "Wanted" or "Rinse" would not have made it past #30. Although, she did have room for a fourth single seeing as Shakira and Britney both had one. I think if she did, she should change it up a bit and go with a faster song, "Unsung."

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Re: If you ask me...
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2003, 08:07:14 am »
Quote from: "irice22"
If you aske me, "Pretty Baby" was the clear choice to release. She should have released that and "Ordinary Day" on Hot AC as well. They weould have done better there, atleast "Pretty Baby" would.

"Pretty Baby" went to #21 which actually beats out a lot of third singles people had. Such as "Overprotected" ~ Brtiney Spwars which went to #34, and "Objection (Tango)" ~ Shakira which only went to #23. At that time it was not good for Vanessa to release something dark, I'm willing to bet "Wanted" or "Rinse" would not have made it past #30. Although, she did have room for a fourth single seeing as Shakira and Britney both had one. I think if she did, she should change it up a bit and go with a faster song, "Unsung."

yeah, i agree.
sounds like from what nessa has said, that the new album is going to be somewhat darker. so i would predict that she's going to release a more darker song as a single. hopefully it will do well on radio. i know i'm going to love it, but people who aren't nessa fans may find it hard to get used to or whatever.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2003, 08:48:39 am »
Quote from: "PintOGuinness"
hopefully the video concept is different that the damn near identical video concepts for the first three... ;)

If they do dark carnival.. I wanna see VC do a whole Bond-esque Spy hunter Vid :)  lol

Oh yes I'm you Jason on this one!!
Vanessa could be the new Jinx ("Die Another Day") and replace Halle Berry!! haha
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

LimeTwister

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2003, 12:31:56 pm »
i wished she would of released "unsung" it is my favorite song on BnN.