Author Topic: If you could make your own film....  (Read 3915 times)

CrEaTeD4cHaOs

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
If you could make your own film....
« on: May 28, 2004, 05:35:13 am »
what would it be about? who would you get to star in it?
what  location would you choose? DISCUSS!!!
Swallow myself so i don't have to die.
Burn my wings so i cannot fly

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 05:40:32 am »
haha.....now this is my kinna topic..........

being the aspiring filmmaker that I am.....i have a few ideas already in writing..... :D

xxjenniferxx

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/xsorealx/Jesus.html
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 01:21:30 pm »
i always wanted to make my own film, i have a passion for it and acting, i am working on some screenplays now...haha however i never finish them because i get lazy

but i think if i ever had a chance to it would be a horror film with "unknown" actors...

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 04:30:35 am »
Quote from: "xxjenniferxx"
i always wanted to make my own film, i have a passion for it and acting, i am working on some screenplays now...haha however i never finish them because i get lazy

i know that feeling  :D

xxjenniferxx

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 03:29:33 pm »
Quote from: "BWilli"

The feeling is wonderful ! ...  :wink: you just cant give up..never

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 03:53:45 am »

ain't that the truth.....i was suppose to help out on a film starring Alec Baldwin and Timothy Hutton but the financing never came in.....sucks ass....oh well....just send my resume out again to another dude who's shooting in NYC this summer......

xxjenniferxx

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 07:50:50 am »

ain't that the truth.....i was suppose to help out on a film starring Alec Baldwin and Timothy Hutton but the financing never came in.....sucks ass....oh well....just send my resume out again to another dude who's shooting in NYC this summer......

hey thats sounds really cool, but i am sure you'll have better luck in the future, and with a good resume i am def. sure you will get a job soon and make it big in the biz...

haha its like everyone is trying to get into this business though, so so many people out there ,so so many rejections...and if anything its not easy....but if this is something you want to do for the rest of your life, than only you can make it happen, even if you overcome some failures, don't give up, always try some where else, it could be for the better..

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 07:59:08 am »

hey thats sounds really cool, but i am sure you'll have better luck in the future, and with a good resume i am def. sure you will get a job soon and make it big in the biz...

haha its like everyone is trying to get into this business though, so so many people out there ,so so many rejections...and if anything its not easy....but if this is something you want to do for the rest of your life, than only you can make it happen, even if you overcome some failures, don't give up, always try some where else, it could be for the better..

hellz yeah...haha....this is something i've wanted to do since I was 13 and first saw Jurassic Park....over 10 years ago now.....went to school to learn film and all.....never gonna quit looking for jobs though.....love it too much   :D

LimeTwister

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 08:33:22 am »
where do you get experience if you have none and you need it to get it?

lol, I am not looking into being anything with movies (though broadcasting [news, local/national] looks so much fun)...just wondering how do you get and still make money to surviveeeeeee.

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 08:49:19 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
where do you get experience if you have none and you need it to get it?

lol, I am not looking into being anything with movies (though broadcasting [news, local/national] looks so much fun)...just wondering how do you get and still make money to surviveeeeeee.

first you have to be willing to work for free for awhile.....pay eventually comes as you gain experience.....

to get experience....I just search for jobs, mostly on the net.....thats how I found the few jobs I've had so far.....then with those jobs will come contacts.....

just this morning a woman that I worked with on a feature last year gave me a producer's e-mail.....so I sent him my resume.....

to get into Broadcasting, you could apply for an internship at a local TV station near you...or radio station, depending on where you want to go with it.....

LimeTwister

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 08:58:16 am »
if you did that, how do you pay for stuff (car, house, insurance, etc.)...try to get a job that works around your internship?

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 09:04:05 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
if you did that, how do you pay for stuff (car, house, insurance, etc.)...try to get a job that works around your internship?

yeah...basically....internships are using like 10-15 hours a week....so you'd have to find another part time job....

i got lucky....i've had this job for almost 5 years now, and they know that i don't plan on staying, so last year the let me take a leave of absence for 3 weeks to work on the feature film....

more recently, the film with Alec Baldwin, I actually was only going to work nights in the production office (which I did for a few days until they shut down production), and still go to my regular job....