Author Topic: Are any of you watching FAME?  (Read 3781 times)

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
Are any of you watching FAME?
« on: June 18, 2003, 05:50:53 pm »
WOW....

These guys make those American Idol kids look like rejects from a Jr. high talent show...

Amazing dancers, singers, and all around talent.. well except for the rapper guy.. he's a moron that should have never passed round 1...

And plus for the KIISFM crowd Jojo is a Judge.. lol
-- Jason

TSE

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 05:52:15 pm »
Theres a thread already . . I think

But I'm not watching so . .yeah

LimeTwister

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 05:53:40 pm »
yea i was watching, i thought the talent was like really high above American Idol...but the people already act weird on Fame.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 05:54:11 pm »
Too many reality shows to keep up on...I can never remember when or what channel the one's I wanna watch are on, LOL. So I haven't seen that show yet, but I did see a preview just a minute ago, and it actually looked like a decent show.

And it's awesome JoJo is a judge, i've seen him like 3 times now at kiis events i've attended. He is awesome.  8) I love his hair!!

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 05:55:04 pm »
Quote from: "TSE"
Theres a thread already . . I think

Yeah, Holly made a thread about it...here: http://forums.nessaholics.com/viewtopic.php?t=1858

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 10:40:05 pm »
yeah, the people on Fame are awesome! cause they have to be a triple threat! where as on AI its only a Vocal thing...

and yeah... jojo rocks! :)
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2003, 08:22:37 am »
OMG - same wavelink jason - i saw it last night for the first time - OMG i love it - i was singing and dancing along - my mom always thought i should do AI - i was just not into it - it seemed too cheese for me (i thought i was better than doing that) but being musicial theatre girl i am - OMG - i wanna do this show so bad !!! If they had come to atlanta- it seems like show choir from high school to me and i love it!!!! where do i sign up (rapper guy sucks - "tell me that i rock- i can rock like the best of them"????)
xoxox

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 09:31:19 am »
OMG I watched it for the first time last night also!! I loooved when they all sang together, it totally had the theater feel to it, which I love!! This show is sooo much better than American Idol, American Idol get's way too much publicity in my opinion, this show should get more, LOL.

It's so funny, awhile ago I was talking about trends and stuff and how everytime after I do something/wan't something/get into something everyone else starts picking up on it, and I wen't to go see the musical FAME however long ago, and then a few months later this show comes on, LOL. I find it ironic...

Oh and Steph...yes the rapper was horrible!! I changed the channel after a few seconds of watching him, eek! What did the judges say about him? I missed that part.

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: Are any of you watching FAME?
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2003, 09:33:25 am »
Quote from: "PintOGuinness"
WOW....

These guys make those American Idol kids look like rejects from a Jr. high talent show...

Amazing dancers, singers, and all around talent.. well except for the rapper guy.. he's a moron that should have never passed round 1...

And plus for the KIISFM crowd Jojo is a Judge.. lol

i tell ya, on last nights show, the rapper kid was quite good, i liked the song, was kinna funny

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2003, 10:16:09 am »
i loved the movie fame - it was my fave movie (one of my faves) growing up - even though i didnt understand most of it - i love the songs - hot lunch - body electric - fame - is okay if i call you mine - out here on my own --- "and when i'm down and feeling blue - i close my eyes and i'm here with you - baby be strong for me - baby belong to me - help me through - help me need you"

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2003, 10:25:19 am »
Steph! you can still try out! at the end of every show they say somthing like "if you think you have what it takes to beat these guys, it's not too late!"

i went to the sight... and here's what it says:

Application Instructions:

You can still apply to be on FAME! If you think you've got the talent to beat any of the current participants on FAME, APPLY NOW to be a "spoiler"! If you are chosen, you could fly to Los Angeles and enter the competition as a Finalist!

Award-winning actress, director, choreographer and producer Debbie Allen and NBC are searching for America's next superstar. If you think you have what it takes to achieve fame -- prove it!

You must be 16 years of age or older by December 31, 2003, meet all eligibility requirements, and follow all instructions as provided on NBC.com to audition. If you are under 18, a parent or legal guardian over 21 years of age must accompany you. Come prepared to sing and dance.

Applicants must bring government issued ID (passport, driver's license, etc.) or non-government issued photo ID card with social security card.

CLICK HERE FOR SPOILER APPLICATION & RELEASE.
(http://nbc.com/nbc/Fame/spoiler_app.shtml)

SEND IN YOUR AUDITION VHS TAPE SHOWING YOUR SINGING AND DANCING, AS WELL AS YOUR COMPLETED AND SIGNED APPLICATION (APPLICANTS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE MUST ALSO HAVE A PARENT SIGN) TO:

FAME
7095 HOLLYWOOD BLVD
HOLLYWOOD, CA 90028

We can only accept VHS tapes (The ones that fit in your VCR). Transferring your camcorder tape to VHS can be accomplished easily. Use the Red, White, and Yellow cables that come with your camera to connect it to your VCR. Push play on your camera, and Record on your VCR. Please run a test and make sure your transfer has worked properly. Please make sure you rewind your tape before submitting.

ALL SONGS MUST BE SUNG "A CAPELLA" - NO BACKGROUND MUSIC. YOU MUST SING ONE OF THE SONGS BELOW OR YOU MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED. YOU MAY INCLUDE BACKGROUND MUSIC FOR YOUR DANCE ROUTINE.

ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY JULY 1, 2003.

SPOILER AUDITION TAPE SONGS:
"AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH" (DIANA ROSS), "AND ALL THAT JAZZ" (CHICAGO), "BAD GIRLS" (DONNA SUMMER), "BIG SPENDER" (FOSSE), "BLACK VELVET" (ALANA MILES), "CABARET" (LIZA MINNELLI), "DANCIN' IN THE STREET" (MARTHA & THE VANDELLAS), "DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE" (FUNNY GIRL), "FALLIN'" (ALICIA KEYS), "FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE" (STEVIE WONDER), "GENIE IN A BOTTLE" (CHRISTINA AGUILERA), "GOT TO BE REAL" (CHERYL LYNN), "HIT ME A HOT NOTE" (SOPHISTICATED LADIES), "HOT STUFF" (DONNA SUMMER), "I DON'T WANT NOBODY TO GIVE ME NOTHING" (JAMES BROWN), "I GOTCHA" (STEVIE WONDER), "I'M EVERY WOMAN" (CHAKA KHAN), "ISN'T SHE LOVELY" (STEVIE WONDER), "JUST FRIENDS SUNNY" (MUSIQ SOULCHILD), "LADY MARMALADE" (CHICAGO THE FILM), "RESPECT" (ARETHA FRANKLIN), "ROCK WITH YOU" (MICHAEL JACKSON), "WHAT'S GOIN' ON" (MARVIN GAYE), "WITHOUT U" (USHER), "YOU'RE MAKIN' ME HIGH" (TONI BRAXTON), AMAZING GRACE, AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL, STAR SPANGLED BANNER.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2003, 12:07:07 pm »
Holly - reading my mind - i looked it up about 2 hours ago - i think im gonna do it!

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2003, 12:09:19 pm »
so the asian dude on the show lied about his age eh?

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2003, 12:29:15 pm »
Quote from: "divasteph"
Holly - reading my mind - i looked it up about 2 hours ago - i think im gonna do it!

If you get on t.v. let us know!! Then I can say I know someone famous! lol  :wink:

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2003, 12:53:55 pm »
lol - ok laura -

as for the asain dude - i think his name was harlem - he is so good!
the other person i think is great and has a great chance at a career is the proud mary girl!