Author Topic: Vanessa in Teen Vogue  (Read 2172 times)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vanessa in Teen Vogue
« on: January 12, 2005, 05:45:47 pm »
From Vanessacarlton.com news page

Vanessa Reveals her Secrets to Teen Vogue!
Vanessa Carlton is featured on Teenvogue.com this month! You can take a look here to find out Vanessa's beauty secrets while on the road.

February 2004
metamorphosis
Whether composing music or putting on makeup, Vanessa Carlton has learned what she wants and how to get it.
A lot has changed for Vanessa Carlton since her hit single, "A Thousand Miles," dominated the airwaves two years ago. From her more developed taste as a musician to a romance with Third Eye Blind frontman Stephan Jenkins, the singer/pianist's professional and personal growth have culminated in her sophomore effort, Harmonium. Boyfriend Stephan produced the record and, says Vanessa, "He really allowed me to spread my wings and put my mark on everything." She describes the resulting album as "darker and more complicated" than the first: "I kind of took the gloss off my first CD, Be Not Nobody. That left Harmonium flawed in all the ways it should be." And though onstage she has traded her hippie-chic stylings for a more dramatic look, Vanessa prefers to keep her daily beauty routine as pure and straightforward as her sound. "I usually just splash some water on my face," she reveals. "I only use soap to take makeup off." The pop-star's sole high-maintenance indulgence has been a "swanky" bus, which she's currently riding cross-country in for her U.S. tour. "I'm a little spoiled this time around," she admits. "I have a really nice bed in the back." Good thing, considering Vanessa's number-one beauty essential—lots of sleep. "I like to get eleven hours" she says. "Then I'm in my prime." —EVONNE GAMBRELL

EBONY AND IVORY "MY FATHER HAS ALWAYS LOVED ROCK, BUT MY MOTHER WAS A CLASSICAL PIANIST. I LIKE TO THINK MY STYLE IS A PERFECT MIX OF THE TWO," SAYS VANESSA.

Then it has her must haves with comments:

AT YOUR FINGERTIPS Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, $18 for 5 oz. www.kiehls.com. "I use it to take care of my hands. It's especially great for plane trips."

GEM DANDY M.A.C. Eye Shadow in Amethyst, $13. www.maccosmetics.com. "It's creates a sparkly, smoky eye. And it goes on really easily."

DAMAGE CONTROL Terax Original Crema Conditioner, $45 for 6.9 oz. (800) 213-5531. "Touring is really hard on my hair. This stuff saves me."

PEEP-SHOW L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara, $8. Drugstores. "When you're onstage, it's all about the eyes."

SMOOTH OPERATOR Kiehl's Creme de Corps, $15 for 4 oz. www.kiehls.com. "I would turn into a prune without it."

CLEAN AND CLEAR Fiji water. (877) 426-3454. "I work out every day, so I drink lots of this."

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Vanessa in Teen Vogue
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 06:35:21 pm »
I thought she was a Polish Spring kind of girl?
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
Vanessa in Teen Vogue
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 07:15:30 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
I thought she was a Polish Spring kind of girl?

me too, and i have pictures to prove that theory.

and KIEHL'S!!!!
my cousin like works/worked for them.
weeeeee :wink:

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vanessa in Teen Vogue
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 08:55:43 pm »
Oh. My. God.

Me and Vanessa love same kind of mascarra. I think I can die now. LMAO!

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Vanessa in Teen Vogue
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 09:13:04 pm »
the peep show made me chuckle and think of her spending spree