Author Topic: 7/17/2005: Nokia Theatre - Grand Prairie, TX (review)  (Read 2965 times)

Cowboystrader

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
7/17/2005: Nokia Theatre - Grand Prairie, TX (review)
« on: July 17, 2005, 11:58:29 pm »
[discussion]

Went to the concert last night on July 17th. I was unable to stay for Stevie Nicks. I was there for Vanessa Carlton's entire 30 minute opening for Stevie. The Nokia Theater in Grand Prairie, Texas is a very clean and nice venue. It's an above average venue and very nice. Vanessa Carlton received her STANDING OVATION after playing songs like The One, Best Behavior, Put Your Hands On Me, A Thousand Miles, Ordinary Day and others mostly from her Harmonium release. I was relatively close to the stage in the 11th row a little to the left. I had a great view. Two big screens on each side of the stage showcased Vanessa's piano playing very well for those who didn't have the best view. She was really off the chain and surprised me by playing & singing better than I thought she would. Not that I think she's bad in anyway. I just thought she did even better. She also has a very charming personality on stage.

When you are familiar with Vanessa Carlton's music and than hear her play live you might ponder on why she isn't better known in the music world. Hopefully her third album will go platinum and get her back to the top of the charts.

Chris

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
7/17/2005: Nokia Theatre - Grand Prairie, TX (review)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 01:01:35 am »
Glad you had a good time Chris and you are right, can't help but ponder why she isn't better known. Well people definitely know ATFM and I think we all know why she isn't better known. But I know what you mean.