Author Topic: Here is a thought for you.....  (Read 2690 times)

nate-smith

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Here is a thought for you.....
« on: September 18, 2005, 04:21:22 pm »
Okay look at all the big stars... Whitney Houston, Marahia Carrie, Prince, Backstreet Boys. All of these people made a huge comeback so who's to say (no pun intended.) that the next album won't kick some major @$$ cuz if you think about it you can't considered her a one hit wonder cuz all of her singles of of BNN rock the house. So thats just some food for thought.

Nate
Thanks,
Nate

My heart, your hands, gentle my friend
Break me neatly, numb me sweetly

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 12:49:17 am »
Okay I dunno about Whitney or Prince (Whitneys a little crazy these days) but I agree with Mariah tho she is making a bigger comeback than the backstreet boys cuz according to MTV they "don't want pop music to make a comeback" & wont even play them anymore. That was directed to BSB but VC is about as pop as you can get despite what we think. So it might be hard for her now but if she does, good for her! I'll be buying her new album either way.

Prophetic

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - bewildered_chaos@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - swallowmytruth
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - omgwhatanight
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 04:49:44 am »
Here's a thought for you... Does it *matter* if Vanessa is famous? Does it really matter, because at the end of the day who does she have? Her instrument and her self respect. I gather from an early interview that she doesn't care if her music is liked. A songwriter writes music for themself (unless you're writing for other people) to create emotions. Personally, I think if MTV doesn't dig that then they don't need to have it. Just my opinion.
language is an annoying neccesity..

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 09:04:40 am »
Quote from: "Prophetic"
Here's a thought for you... Does it *matter* if Vanessa is famous? Does it really matter, because at the end of the day who does she have? Her instrument and her self respect. I gather from an early interview that she doesn't care if her music is liked. A songwriter writes music for themself (unless you're writing for other people) to create emotions. Personally, I think if MTV doesn't dig that then they don't need to have it. Just my opinion.

You make a very fine point, my friend.  It's not a popularity contest in someone like Vanessa's eyes.  It's her art.  I think she deserves more commercial success than she's received, but the truth is not everyone can "get" her.  She understands that and I think she's okay with it.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

nate-smith

• View Profile
Hey I'm just saying.....
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 10:54:01 am »
All I'm saying is that Vanessa has a huge chance to make a comeback because there is somemuch that she has to yet accomplish. We all know that she is capable of so much more than just playing for a small band of followers don't get me wrong, I'll buy every Cd that she makes. But I would just like to see her show the Britney's and Lindsay's in the music world that you don't need big breasts and really good lip syncing to be considered a good singer. And lets face it Vanessa is not only a vocalist but a hell of a pianist.... am I wrong there?  So to say that you don't think that she'll make a huge comeback is such a pessimistic way of thinking.

I just think that more people should appreciate the artistry behinde her and so many others music.....(okay I am off my soap box)
Thanks for listening.
Nate
Thanks,
Nate

My heart, your hands, gentle my friend
Break me neatly, numb me sweetly

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 11:02:27 am »
fuck MTV and this Rap shit they play.

iKnowWhatYouDid

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mbiddy001
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 01:04:45 pm »
Quote from: "BWilli"
fuck MTV and this Rap shit they play.

Word!!!

Also I agree with Prophetic that it shouldn't matter how popular she is, but i think the point was that she deserves to be so much more popular, which is so true, she's so talented.  But I admire her for not caring.

snickers

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 01:04:50 pm »
I was thinking...Vanessa plays her own instrument and sings and can even dance, too.  She probably could be the next Britney/Lindsay/whoever if she wanted to be -- she's obviously got all the talent for it and then some.  But instead of getting up on stage, doing erotic dance moves with a whole troupe of barely clad dancers, flashing her belly button (and whatever else), lip synching, and kissing other women on national TV, she is true to her art.  More power to her for making her own choices and not following the crowd.  You go, girl!!
-I know you like the way you feel when I play