Author Topic: 7 Aurelius  (Read 7146 times)

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
7 Aurelius
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 09:23:58 am »
I wish I was "the polite member"....  I have to hear that song... and he has House too? Maybe we will FINALLY be able to hear that song.

Whoever Vanessa4prez sent the song to, could you please share with the rest of us  :D
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

charmedguy18

7 Aurelius
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 12:53:43 pm »
Here we go again with people saying they have songs and then not giving it. That's rude. JUST DON'T SAY YOU HAVE IT. Gah.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
7 Aurelius
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 01:42:05 pm »
I'd love to hear the song :)

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
I like Nelly Furtado
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 01:53:55 pm »
I hear all these people saying they don't want V to do what Nelly Furtado did by sexing up her image, but to be honest...Who Cares?  I like what Nelly Furtado did, there's nothing wrong with being sexy and flaunting it, if they want to embrace their sexuality, then let them....If V is going to go out and shake her ass, I'm all for it, it's a nice ass so might as well.  I support it.  That's all, I just had to say it.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

Martin.

• View Profile
7 Aurelius
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 01:58:39 pm »
I agree. Although, I don't want Vanessa to go in a completley different musical direction. I love her just the way she is (musically). I don't mind her showing her ass either...:D

charmedguy18

7 Aurelius
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 02:03:19 pm »
Um... the problem is along with sexing her image up, her music is also changed with it, and that's a problem. Wow... that was hard.

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Hmm?
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 04:40:40 pm »
What was hard?

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

charmedguy18

Re: Hmm?
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 05:25:02 pm »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
What was hard?

Finding the obvious connection between image and style of music.

Any person with an average IQ over 20 knows that.

Martin.

• View Profile
7 Aurelius
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 05:31:55 pm »

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
7 Aurelius
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 07:43:19 pm »
The problem with Nelly Furtado is not that she chaged her image but that she changed her music, and is not the musical evolution and improvement that you would expect any musician to have in each album, she changed almost completely her music style taking a very commercial direction and by doing that she gained a lot of new fans but she lost some of the old ones(I include myself in that group :( ). And if you pay attention many of her new songs sound a lot like everything else we hear on the radio these days; that's what we don't want Vanessa to do, but, of course, she wont.
There's nothing wrong with female singers that shake their asses but most of the ones that have done this have lost people's respect as musicians, that's not the way it should be but that's the way it is.

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
7 Aurelius
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 08:31:22 pm »
Quote from: "ManuelD"
The problem with Nelly Furtado is not that she chaged her image but that she changed her music, and is not the musical evolution and improvement that you would expect any musician to have in each album, she changed almost completely her music style taking a very commercial direction and by doing that she gained a lot of new fans but she lost some of the old ones(I include myself in that group :( ). And if you pay attention many of her new songs sound a lot like everything else we hear on the radio these days; that's what we don't want Vanessa to do, but, of course, she wont.
There's nothing wrong with female singers that shake their asses but most of the ones that have done this have lost people's respect as musicians, that's not the way it should be but that's the way it is.

I am a Nelly Furtado fan and I still like her and her new music... she DID sexy up her image and she relied on Timbaland to give her music fresh and commercial production but she DID NOT change completely by any means... Say it Right, Wait for You, Back in Gods Hands, and All Good Things sound more or less like her old stuff and her vocals are still the same minus the little rap thing she does on some songs... I still like her....

As for V, I'm all her being sexy but I wouldn't want her music to change because of that... I don't know... there is a way to be sexy and commercial while still being classy...V is going to do what she wants but whatever the case I'll still be listening to her music.... we'll just have to wait and see how this goes down...
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

ThomasEj

• View Profile
    • Email
7 Aurelius
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 12:03:56 pm »
Quote from: "PutYourHandsOnMe101"
Quote from: "ManuelD"

I am a Nelly Furtado fan and I still like her and her new music... she DID sexy up her image and she relied on Timbaland to give her music fresh and commercial production but she DID NOT change completely by any means... Say it Right, Wait for You, Back in Gods Hands, and All Good Things sound more or less like her old stuff and her vocals are still the same minus the little rap thing she does on some songs... I still like her....

As for V, I'm all her being sexy but I wouldn't want her music to change because of that... I don't know... there is a way to be sexy and commercial while still being classy...V is going to do what she wants but whatever the case I'll still be listening to her music.... we'll just have to wait and see how this goes down...

and I'd like to add that Nelly's CD is great. Half of the songs from the album or even more could be realised as singles. and I agree she hasn't changed her style completely. what counts for an artist is to creat music and have people to listen to it.
Everything changes Friends become strangers
What we hold so dear slips away
The past keeps on fading, but I'll never forget you