Author Topic: Barenaked Ladies  (Read 2098 times)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Barenaked Ladies
« on: November 03, 2003, 12:05:05 pm »
Wow.  *baffled*

I can't believe I haven't started a thread for these guys yet.

I saw them in concert the first time in early 93 and I've been a huge fan ever since.  They really are just awesome live.  I've seen well over 100 concerts in my life and these guys still put on the best show.

They just released their 6th CD called "everything to everyone" and it's their best one in about 4 years.

for those of you who don't know them, Kazaa these songs then go buy the CD's once you realize they rock...

If I had a Million Dollars
Brian Wilson
Old Apartment
When i Fall
One Week
Pinch Me
Alternative Girlfriend
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Barenaked Ladies
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 12:08:13 pm »
"if i had a million dollars" on the live CD makes me so happy! Everyone singing along, you just have to chuckle!

I love these guys, they can do serious meaningful songs ("Pinch Me") and some hillarious ones ("One Week"). Everyone loved them here for so long, they used to busk in London doing funnier guitar versions of pop songs like Britney Spears for Radio One. I <3 them.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Barenaked Ladies
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 12:13:18 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
"if i had a million dollars" on the live CD makes me so happy! Everyone singing along, you just have to chuckle!

back in the day they used to do Million Dollars to close EVERY show, and they changed the verses and the little chat part each time.  The best one ever it gets to part where he says "and we'd put little sausages in there, like precooked bacon and things" and instead Stephan says "and we'd fill it full of bean burritos".

ED: "How many bean burritos could you buy for a million dollars"

Tyler: "More than 8, and that's all I can eat".

Stephan: "I think i'd have them deliver bean burritos to my door.  I'd just subscribe to bean burritos."

Big funny.

last night I saw them in Indy and they are doing these long 3 hour concerts where they perform the ENTIRE new album mixed in with a bunch of old stuff.  And they are actualy doing EVERY song they have ever recorded at some point during the tour.

And they are doing this Question and Answer session in the middle, where they are actually letting the fans ask them questions.  Those guys are a frickin riot.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Barenaked Ladies
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 11:43:31 pm »
I just saw them tonight, and they friggin' ROCK!!!  They are so into it! :D   What I really love about their performance is that they're really there and they know it and they let you know they know it too.  They interacted with the audience, not only in front of the stage, but also on the porches and balconies of houses up on the bluff overlooking the park and the river.  They convinced one man way up there to drop his shorts in front of the whole audience and got a massive cheer from everyone.  Steve and Ed said they were going up there after the show (I wonder if they really did).  They had some witty twists on a few lyrics here and there, they sounded awesome, and Steve really raised the roof (which was almost impossible as we were outdoors). They even had two songs that they had put together just for tonight, one possibly called "Memphis, Tennessee", and other that might be called "Pulled Pork Sunday".

It certainly ranks among the greatest concerts I've ever been to, and I would not hesitate to see them again if they're in the area. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Oh, and during the concert, I saw a beach ball, a few shoes, a banana :dances: , and an open packet of ketchup thrown around in the crowd.  The ketchup was not cool because it got on people's clothing, but at least there was no Kraft Dinner.
Dustin