Author Topic: Vegan or Vegetarian?  (Read 17683 times)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 06:34:38 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
I cut out soda a few months ago, also burgers, and I don't like mexican food. I do like italian food though, very much.  I'm a VERY picky eater. I love vegetables (not squash/zucchini), love fruit, not big on sweets but do have some now and then, I like ice cream, I never get sick of potatoes (cooked any way), hate fish bleh ick ew  :? , chicken tastes like crap (cooked any way)...and I do go to the gym regularly. I want that summer bod. I'm definitely going to miss beef jerky. that stuff is the shit. I think I may have one meat day a week, but I'm not sure yet.

Do you like pork?

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 06:38:44 pm »
I wont say its bad to cut down on meat.   Depending on your diet it may be a great idea.   If you dont like chicken dont eat it, no biggie.  However if you like red meat, go for it. If you really enjoy beef jerky, treat yourself now and then(Maybe as a reward for getting in better shape)

Its more important to be in control of the portions of things you enjoy eating.  Unless your diet contains something silly such as sticks of butter.

Will Power!
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 06:41:41 pm »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
I wont say its bad to cut down on meat.   Depending on your diet it may be a great idea.   If you dont like chicken dont eat it, no biggie.  However if you like red meat, go for it. If you really enjoy beef jerky, treat yourself now and then(Maybe as a reward for getting in better shape)

Its more important to be in control of the portions of things you enjoy eating.  Unless your diet contains something silly such as sticks of butter.

Will Power!

But then I might be rewarding myself too much with beef jerky.

I don't really like pork, no.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 06:55:05 pm »
Beef jerky isnt THAT bad for you.   Just dont overdo it.   You know what you eat and how it affects you.  You could lower your portions of bread, pasta, cheese, and meat maybe 10%.   Try to keep track of what you eat, then modify it to be the way you want to be.  You could even write down your diet, my brother did for a while since infortunate circumstances limit  his diet
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

tylor2000

• View Profile
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 06:59:47 pm »
Beef jerky isnt THAT bad for you.   Just dont overdo it.   You know what you eat and how it affects you.  You could lower your portions of bread, pasta, cheese, and meat maybe 10%.   Try to keep track of what you eat, then modify it to be the way you want to be.  You could even write down your diet, my brother did for a while since infortunate circumstances limit  his diet

That is good advice.  You want to eat at least 60 grams of protein a day as a minimum, some being high quality protein.  You don't have to count.  I'm just saying.

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 10:50:57 am »
I'm not a vegetarian, though I sometimes seem to have vegetarian tendencies and have had people ask me if I was.  I do like some meats, particularly chicken and fish, and I never turn down a McDonald's cheeseburger, but there are just some forms and styles of meat, particularly beef and pork, that I just don't like the taste of.  I never eat Meat Lover's pizza at Pizza Hut mainly because I don't like Italian sausage, I don't like their bacon, and I don't like their beef on pizza (though it's okay by itself).
Dustin

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 01:14:12 pm »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
I never turn down a McDonald's cheeseburger

*gasp*-- but that's the worst meat for you!

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 06:28:10 am »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"

I can think of lots of meats that are worse for me.  Pork feet, for example. :razz:
Dustin

Manda

• View Profile
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 07:49:42 am »
I weigh myself everyday, and the scale shows that I lose a pound every day...is that healthy?  :?

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 10:26:50 am »
So youre dieting and losing a full pound a day?    Might be a little too much.  Maybe its time for a treat  :razz:

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 10:42:35 am »

I can think of lots of meats that are worse for me.  Pork feet, for example. :razz:

I'm not sure if it IS meat...  :?

Manda

• View Profile
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 01:11:07 pm »
So youre dieting and losing a full pound a day?    Might be a little too much.  Maybe its time for a treat  :razz:

haha, I promise you I'll have a bag of beef jerky on Sunday! I wont pass that up! But seriously, is that healthy? I'm losing a pound everyday, but I also eat a lot smaller portions now. Where as I would eat until I was full, I'm not doing that again because then I stuff myself and feel as though my stomach expands a little. I usually have oatmeal, cereal, or an egg for breakfast. Salad, sandwhich, yogurt, fruit for lunch. Dinner consists of...rice, noodles, pasta, and also lunch stuff. I have pita chips for a snack (taste pretty nasty) or some fruit. How I long for the delicious taste of jerky! :lol:

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 01:25:12 pm »
Quote from: Manda
I have pita chips for a snack (taste pretty nasty) or some fruit. How I long for the delicious taste of jerky! :lol:

Damn well I LOVE pita chips... my advice would be to get the most natural jerky you can find, rather than shit that's soaked in preservatives and acid and poison.

tylor2000

• View Profile
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 01:34:33 pm »

Damn well I LOVE pita chips... my advice would be to get the most natural jerky you can find, rather than shit that's soaked in preservatives and acid and poison.

Yeah, don't eat it if it's been in battery acid and laced with arsenic.  But if it is 90% fat it is ok.  :wink:

Manda

• View Profile
Vegan or Vegetarian?
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 02:31:28 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"

Yeah, don't eat it if it's been in battery acid and laced with arsenic.  But if it is 90% fat it is ok.  :wink:

why I like my meat tainted. I could go for some yummy Grade D mad cow right about now.