Other Topics > Other Musicians

What is the last song you listened to?

<< < (23/23)

barefootonbeaches:

--- Quote from: OPENROAD on February 01, 2011, 11:37:01 pm ---
--- Quote from: sarab on February 01, 2011, 10:59:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: OPENROAD on February 01, 2011, 10:20:22 pm ---Ellie Goulding - The Writer

Ellie is an English songwriter, came across this song a few months ago while flicking through the music channels, and was immediately struck by the melody and her very distinctive singing voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-ru2glqXAg

--- End quote ---

hmm, I'm undecided.  I think I like her voice, however most of the other songs on utube seem too poppy for her vocals.  The Writer seems more her style but like she is being forced to do this mixed/pop stuff that I can't stand.

--- End quote ---

Totally agree with you, really don't think her vocals are suited to the other songs,will be interesting to see what road she does go down eventually.I held off buying her album after listening to the other stuff and just bought The Writer.

I do like her cover version of Elton Johns Your Song though, vocally she is far more suited to that type of song.

--- End quote ---

I know what you guys mean. "The Writer" is the song of hers that caught my attention too, but after listening to her other stuff, I don't know if I like that genre of music. I mean, it's catchy and all, but I wish it was more whispy and folk-y like "The Writer."

sarab:

--- Quote from: AG. on April 10, 2011, 11:29:48 am ---My Morning Jacket - it beats 4 u

I am so glad V got me interested in MMJ, I'm hooked. If you sign up to the website they send live performance mp3 to celebrate the new release of their record.

I love the summer releases: KT Tunstall's EP, MMJ, Vanessa and Stevie Nicks!

--- End quote ---

I'm glad she got me interested in MMJ too, I LOVE Circuital album, (I hadn't known it was nominated for a grammy, but they didn't win)  I bought one of their older albums but I haven't listened to it yet because I'm hooked on Feist and Florence and the Machine right now (LOVE Between two lungs)

sarab:

--- Quote from: barefootonbeaches on February 18, 2012, 05:52:57 pm ---
--- Quote from: OPENROAD on February 01, 2011, 10:20:22 pm ---Ellie Goulding - The Writer

Ellie is an English songwriter, came across this song a few months ago while flicking through the music channels, and was immediately struck by the melody and her very distinctive singing voice.

--- End quote ---

hmm, I'm undecided.  I think I like her voice, however most of the other songs on utube seem too poppy for her vocals.  The Writer seems more her style but like she is being forced to do this mixed/pop stuff that I can't stand.

--- End quote ---

Totally agree with you, really don't think her vocals are suited to the other songs,will be interesting to see what road she does go down eventually.I held off buying her album after listening to the other stuff and just bought The Writer.

I do like her cover version of Elton Johns Your Song though, vocally she is far more suited to that type of song.

--- End quote ---

I know what you guys mean. "The Writer" is the song of hers that caught my attention too, but after listening to her other stuff, I don't know if I like that genre of music. I mean, it's catchy and all, but I wish it was more whispy and folk-y like "The Writer."

--- End quote ---

My sister actually bought me her cd for christmas, I listened to a few songs...it's in the pile for the goodwill.  It's not my style at all!

fizzybubblespop:

--- Quote from: sarab on February 22, 2012, 05:43:28 am ---
--- Quote from: barefootonbeaches on February 18, 2012, 05:52:57 pm ---

--- End quote ---

hmm, I'm undecided.  I think I like her voice, however most of the other songs on utube seem too poppy for her vocals.  The Writer seems more her style but like she is being forced to do this mixed/pop stuff that I can't stand.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

My sister actually bought me her cd for christmas, I listened to a few songs...it's in the pile for the goodwill.  It's not my style at all!

--- End quote ---

I see what you guys mean, but I definitely heard it in a different way? (not sure how to put it  :D haha)

It might be because I first encountered her more poppy music, but to me, it feels like a very unique twist on the pop genre. She has acoustic versions of her poppy songs, and I appreciate both, actually. And I'm usually not into such electronic music. :D I've become quite a fan of Ellie. Though her songs are pop, they have a unique atmosphere and sound.

She has a very beautiful voice that definately sounds better with her more acoustic tracks. It just depends on what kind of music you like. ;D Hopefully, she releases more of that into the mainstream with her next album.

sayyouwould:
run by snow patrol. Amazing. Found it from Smash. Love it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version