Poll

Do you support gay rights?

YES
43 (87.8%)
NO
6 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: December 19, 2007, 02:24:34 pm

Author Topic: I support Gay rights. Do you?  (Read 18149 times)

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
I support Gay rights. Do you?
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2008, 07:17:25 pm »
Quote from: "Felo"
I don't support "Gay Rights," I don't think there should be such thing. By that, I'm not saying I hate homosexuality, what I do hate is that society still separates people just for what they like, how they look, or how they feel.

To me, saying "I'm/you're/he's/she's gay" is labeling people, and not giving them credit for anything else they have to offer, like being gay is everything they are.

Is it really necessary to create laws for every cultural group? What kind of society are we? Limitating ourselves to say You're gay, black, white, asian, hispanic, punk, goth, hippie, among other things. WE'RE ONLY HUMAN. PERIOD. DEAL WITH IT.

There should be a certain amount of respect between everyone. Hating on someone just because they like something different than what you like is simply a demonstration of insecurity and most of all, ignorance.

So... do I support gay rights? Nope.
Do I support human rights and believe in equality? Absolutely.

You have an absolutely wonderful and thoughtful point. Very inspiring to see that there are people left in this world who think in that way.
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
I support Gay rights. Do you?
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2008, 09:30:09 am »
Quote from: Ryou-Neko
Quote from: "Felo"
I don't support "Gay Rights," I don't think there should be such thing. By that, I'm not saying I hate homosexuality, what I do hate is that society still separates people just for what they like, how they look, or how they feel.

To me, saying "I'm/you're/he's/she's gay" is labeling people, and not giving them credit for anything else they have to offer, like being gay is everything they are.

Is it really necessary to create laws for every cultural group? What kind of society are we? Limitating ourselves to say You're gay, black, white, asian, hispanic, punk, goth, hippie, among other things. WE'RE ONLY HUMAN. PERIOD. DEAL WITH IT.

There should be a certain amount of respect between everyone. Hating on someone just because they like something different than what you like is simply a demonstration of insecurity and most of all, ignorance.

So... do I support gay rights? Nope.
Do I support human rights and believe in equality? Absolutely.

bravo!