Author Topic: All females on the boards  (Read 8353 times)

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
All females on the boards
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 02:41:41 pm »
I always see commercials and things about it, and have given it a bit of thought, but am really unsure whether or not I'm going to get it or not.  I guess I'm with you on that one, I'm going to wait a couple more years and then decide.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 07:46:24 pm »
Quote from: "Gina"
I always see commercials and things about it, and have given it a bit of thought, but am really unsure whether or not I'm going to get it or not.  I guess I'm with you on that one, I'm going to wait a couple more years and then decide.

anyone else think that the girls playing jump rope and saying "o-n-e-l-e-s-s, i wanna be one less, one less" is completely ridiculous, unnecessary, and incredibly annoying?  those annoying little girls chanting really aren't gonna convince me to go get a shot.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

jen_spen

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - c_me_dnc@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jenniferpostlemusic
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 09:17:48 pm »
me again! keeping you guys updated!

i had my colcoscopy today.....no where near as bad as a pap smear test!  All they do is put a small metal thing up there and then put a swab of an acid in your cervix to make the abnormal cells white, then they look at it with a microscope.  He said because I'm so young it's only very smallI have to go have an operation in two weeks to remove it though.  

They're going to cut off a very small part of my cervix to be able to get into it in order to burn the cells off.  They also take a small part of the cells to get tested.  It takes about twenty minutes, and you're asleep the whole time.  He said I'll probably have a pain similar to period pain for a couple of days though.

The gyno said that he does the operation once a week, so it must be pretty common.  He did say that I was very unfortunate at my age to get a high grade lesion but it does happen and that's how people get cancer in their thirties.

I'm a bit apprehensive about the vaccine as well, but apparantly it's free until you're 26, so I have a while to think about it.  The guy said that it only protects you against 70% of the strains of the papaloma virus though.
http://myspace.com/jenniferpostlemusic
And now that I have held you in my own arms
I can not let go till you are

jen_spen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 09:18:01 pm »
me again! keeping you guys updated!

i had my colcoscopy today.....no where near as bad as a pap smear test!  All they do is put a small metal thing up there and then put a swab of an acid in your cervix to make the abnormal cells white, then they look at it with a microscope.  He said because I'm so young it's only very smallI have to go have an operation in two weeks to remove it though.  

They're going to cut off a very small part of my cervix to be able to get into it in order to burn the cells off.  They also take a small part of the cells to get tested.  It takes about twenty minutes, and you're asleep the whole time.  He said I'll probably have a pain similar to period pain for a couple of days though.

The gyno said that he does the operation once a week, so it must be pretty common.  He did say that I was very unfortunate at my age to get a high grade lesion but it does happen and that's how people get cancer in their thirties.

I'm a bit apprehensive about the vaccine as well, but apparantly it's free until you're 26, so I have a while to think about it.  The guy said that it only protects you against 70% of the strains of the papaloma virus though.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 12:28:22 am »
Glad to hear things went well.

Had a pap smear yeaterday and it did hurt! Also got the vaccine and it was free so for 70% protection why on earth wouldn't I?
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 08:52:17 pm »
^ =( "it did hurt". This just makes me even more apprehensive of my inevitable visit. Do you continue to have cramps for awhile after they are done, too? My problem is that I get pretty bad cramps and I don't want them to be induced just for that. Blah.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 09:17:17 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
^ =( "it did hurt". This just makes me even more apprehensive of my inevitable visit. Do you continue to have cramps for awhile after they are done, too? My problem is that I get pretty bad cramps and I don't want them to be induced just for that. Blah.

Not meaning to make you apprehensive, just telling the truth. I find if someone tells me something won't hurt and it does, then it's worse than being hurt when you are prepared for it. I had no cramps with the pap smear... just felt, uh... well... stretched... (ewww....) I feel so gross writing that...but the next day I was fine.
-CONFUCIUS

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 12:41:01 pm »
Haha, that's not how I am bc if someone says it hurts I will exaggerate it in my head and be scared bc I'll be thinking it will be terrible! =D

jen_spen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 07:27:44 pm »
just relax Noelle! That's the trick! I was soo relaxed (I'm one of those people who don't mind if people see me naked though!)

Well i had my operation yesterday! I was vomiting alot last night and i'm in a very small amount of pain, very sleepy and a tiny bit of bleeding.

All in all though I get four days off work, I get lots of people visiting me my Grandma taking care of me and I avoided cancer! HOORAY!

But yeah I would DEFINETLY reccomend the vaccine! I don't want to go through it again!

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 01:02:25 am »
Quote from: "jen_spen"
just relax Noelle! That's the trick! I was soo relaxed (I'm one of those people who don't mind if people see me naked though!)

Well i had my operation yesterday! I was vomiting alot last night and i'm in a very small amount of pain, very sleepy and a tiny bit of bleeding.

All in all though I get four days off work, I get lots of people visiting me my Grandma taking care of me and I avoided cancer! HOORAY!

But yeah I would DEFINETLY reccomend the vaccine! I don't want to go through it again!

I'm glad it was ok in the end  :D

I am definitely NOT OK with anyone other than my boyfriend seeing me naked. Nuh-uh. I can't stand it.
-CONFUCIUS

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 09:31:33 am »
^ Same. It's unfortunate bc I wish I could say I'd be relaxed, but I'll probably be crying or wanting to cry and my stomach in knots for at least the week before I go =P And it's got to be a female doctor. . . They seem to be harder to find though :(