Author Topic: Irv Gotti Reality show?  (Read 10525 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Irv Gotti Reality show?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 03:59:39 pm »
Here's a snippet of an interview from Irv in some magazine article. Don't know if anyone's seen it, but I thought it was nice:

On diversifying The Inc. empire with the signing of Vanessa Carlton…

I was at Universal having a meeting with Mel Lewinter, the Chairman of Universal Motown Records. It was right around the time I was about to sign my deal…I walk into another meeting that took place in [Chairman & CEO, Universal Music Group] Doug Morris’ office. He has a piano in there; I see Vanessa and Stephen Jenkins, who was her boyfriend at the time. At this point I know this person they're talking about, but I didn’t know her name. So they’re in there talking, and I’m unclear if she’s looking for a deal or what she’s doing in there. Next thing you know she gets on the piano. She starts playing this song, a piano vocal called, “Hands On Me.” When she finishes that song I completely took over the whole, entire meeting! I just got up after she finishes singing and I’m like: “Yo! You're the f**kin’ shit! Your voice is f**kin’ incredible!” I’m literally running around the office like I can’t believe what I just heard” I’m like, “Your voice is f**kin’ unique and you play the piano!" I’m cursin’, I’m doing everything and she’s looking at me like I’m crazy.
After I calm down and end my five-minute rant, she tells us she's going to play a song that really made her famous and even sold her some records with her first album. So I hear her begin to play that beginning piano part of “A Thousand Miles” (a song that is predominately featured in the Wayans Brothers’ film White Chicks), and I'm like, “You're the f**kin’ White Chick, oh shit!” I’m like, “Do you know how big you are in the hood?! Everyone loves you!”

On his next meeting with Vanessa…

Vanessa calls and we set up a dinner meeting. I say, Vanessa, now here’s a guy, I just finished beating the Feds and everything, so I said to her, “Google me! (lol)” I was like, “Please, get all the dirt before you say you’re going to sign. Vanessa didn’t care!  She said: “Irv, that reaction that you gave was the reaction I’ve been waiting for my whole life. I’ve been in this music business and never was in a meeting like that, with that much energy and someone who loved what I was doing that much. I did my research on you. I don’t care what anyone thinks. I believe in you and I want you to help guide my career.” I was totally blown away and I signed her immediately and we made what I feel is a classic album that's full of one-listen hits top to bottom.  

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Irv Gotti Reality show?
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 12:49:26 am »
Quote from: "Hazy Eyes"
Here's a snippet of an interview from Irv in some magazine article. Don't know if anyone's seen it, but I thought it was nice:

So I hear her begin to play that beginning piano part of “A Thousand Miles” (a song that is predominately featured in the Wayans Brothers’ film White Chicks), and I'm like, “You're the f**kin’ White Chick, oh shit!” I’m like, “Do you know how big you are in the hood?! Everyone loves you!”

you know I never really thought about that, but I think that's true

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Huh?
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2007, 11:21:00 am »
Who was her boyfriend at the time? Did they break up?

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

Martin.

• View Profile
Re: Huh?
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2007, 12:01:26 pm »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"

Stephen Jenkins, but he cheated on her (I think).

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Re: Huh?
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2007, 01:59:28 pm »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"

Stephen Jenkins, but he cheated on her (I think).

same here...I think its amazing how she like keep those things udner wraps well that too she has not been in the media all that much when they broke up I guess.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Martin.

• View Profile
Irv Gotti Reality show?
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2007, 04:52:53 pm »
it's because nobody in the media cares about her enough to want to get in her personal business.

sad, but true. :(

i'm hoping with this new record that she'll be everywhere though! :D

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
Irv Gotti Reality show?
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2007, 08:03:53 pm »
it's because nobody in the media cares about her enough to want to get in her personal business.

sad, but true. :(

i'm hoping with this new record that she'll be everywhere though! :D

mmhmm oh well once the video come sout she will be everywhere...hopefully.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Irv Gotti Reality show?
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2007, 08:06:36 pm »
I think it's a good thing for her, that the media stays out of her personal life. Even if it's just because they don't care that much about her.

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
Irv Gotti Reality show?
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2007, 03:19:09 pm »
Quote from: "ManuelD"
I think it's a good thing for her, that the media stays out of her personal life. Even if it's just because they don't care that much about her.

yea I doubt V wants all that attention. Besides, there are ways to be famous and remain out of the public eye.

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Irv Gotti Reality show?
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2007, 03:25:17 pm »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"

yea I doubt V wants all that attention. Besides, there are ways to be famous and remain out of the public eye.

i don't think you can stay out of the public eye and be really popular though.  I think what we're starting to see is the ramp up of some major publicity which is going to include paparazzi and lots of articles... like 2002 all over again.

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
Irv Gotti Reality show?
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2007, 03:31:53 pm »
Quote from: "kaysha"
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"

i don't think you can stay out of the public eye and be really popular though.  I think what we're starting to see is the ramp up of some major publicity which is going to include paparazzi and lots of articles... like 2002 all over again.

-katia

was 2002 a bad year for v and the paps? Forgive me if I was living under a rock lol

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
Irv Gotti Reality show?
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2007, 07:50:46 pm »
You can stay out of the public eye and still be extremely popular. But you have to achieve a certain level of stardom, which Vanessa hasn't achieved yet. Like, for example, Leonardo DiCaprio, he rarely gives interviews and stops at red carpets to sign for autographs or what not, he's hard to catch and come by, and that just drives people even crazier about him, paparazzi included. It's like playing hard to get. *Shrugs*
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

luxbabylux

• **BANNED**
  • Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Irv Gotti Reality show?
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2007, 08:27:48 pm »
why is vannessa on irv gottis record label! doesnt he like sing rappy stuff!?

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
Irv Gotti Reality show?
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2007, 08:35:16 pm »
Quote from: "luxbabylux"
why is vannessa on irv gottis record label! doesnt he like sing rappy stuff!?

he said in this interview thing and so did she that he did not care her music preference he wanted to work with her and make the label  more well rounded instead of just one genere (Spelled Wrong)

I think its pretty cool. Yes at first I was like um...ok..but now who cares atleast shes back now.

luxbabylux

• **BANNED**
  • Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Irv Gotti Reality show?
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2007, 08:38:05 pm »
yes but just for the record the album sleeve looks terrible it looks like something i'd put together!  :(