Author Topic: Her Piano?  (Read 5047 times)

Simply Ordinary

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - worldonastring.andy@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tyrantitar
    • View Profile
Her Piano?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 09:08:46 pm »
Quote from: "nosticker"
Come on, guys, she endorses Yamaha.  Go to their website, you'll see her picture come up.  Yamaha supports her on tours with equipment, which is very, very important as you could imagine.....all part of the business.

There has been a Yamaha vs. Steinway debate since the dawn of time and there always will be.  They are almost different instruments.  Pianos, even within the lines of the same manufacturer, can sound wildly different.  I've played Yamaha, Wurlitzer, Baldwin, K.Kawai, Kimball, and Steinways in the studio, and all sounded great, yet with a vibe all their own.

For the record, the piano on BNN was a Yamaha.  If they were not up to scratch, from a performance or support standpoint, I doubt VC would use them, or that top LA studios would track with them.

When you add it up, that Yamaha makes drums, guitars, amps, digital recording consoles, world-renowned pianos, wave runners, and motorcycles, and remains competitive in all these markets, it's simply amazing.

That being said, it's all opinion.  Play what you love!

Dan/NS

Hey, nothing against Yamaha; I like its sound, it's just a bit too bright.

Hm, BNN was recorded on a Yamaha... well that explains why A Thousand Miles sounds best on one...
And needless to say you're the one that I need the most...
www.xanga.com/cerebrate4all

vanessafan18

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - Gfoster27@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - RedDitty87
    • View Profile
Her Piano?
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 03:53:05 am »
She has a Yamaha. I don't really like them at all, but the design of the Yamaha in her apartment is gorgeous!

xoxo

Thank so much for the sig Scotty!! <3 It's gorgeous!