Author Topic: H&T promotion as opposed to Harmonium promotion?  (Read 3650 times)

remixx

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
H&T promotion as opposed to Harmonium promotion?
« on: October 08, 2007, 03:19:06 pm »
Is it just me or does it seem like this album isn't getting any more promotion than Harmonium did?

it comes out tomorrow..... shouldnt she be everywhere right now

i know about the whole TV appearance schedule thing... but it still seems kind of dull and too little too late

HarmySandwhich

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: is it just me
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:26:15 pm »
Quote from: "remixx"
or does it seem like this album isn't getting any more promotion than Harmonium did?

it comes out tomorrow..... shouldnt she be everywhere right now

i know about the whole TV appearance schedule thing... but it still seems kind of dull and too little too late

I disagree. There is actually quite a lot of promotion for Heroes and Thieves - VH1 Commercials, not to mention a ton of magazine articles and clippings.

Formerly known as Meraphix

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 03:28:58 pm »
yep agree too

I think she is getting way more promotion than Harmonium did

the magazines shes been in
the commercial
radio shows
radio contests
the tv shows shes going to be on
vh1 playing her musi vid
her being on the top 10 of the top 20 countdown
us having people listen to her
her going to be showed a few times on Irv's show
The Inc. Planning on promoting it for 2 years
etc.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Butz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 04:04:38 pm »
She IS getting more promotion BUT not like it should go! I don't know if it's because The Inc is just back on their feet, but other artists with a big label, have their record/single promoted well in advance.

TRL for example, she could've gone up there to premiere the video and talk about the record.
Now it's all rush rush, in the album release week. I hope it catches people's attention, 'cause V deserves it!!

rainforestspirit

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nessacarltonfan/
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 04:43:21 pm »
I agree that she is getting much more propotion that on Harmonium...

But I also agree that the TV appearances are kind of at the last minute. The Magazines are more spread out but not the TV appearances. I would have thought some of them would be before tomorrow (so people could pre-order on Amazon, etc) and some would be after so they could get the album right away.

So, when is she going to be in People? Because that is an excellent promo.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 04:47:09 pm »
Quote from: "Butz"
She IS getting more promotion BUT not like it should go! I don't know if it's because The Inc is just back on their feet, but other artists with a big label, have their record/single promoted well in advance.

TRL for example, she could've gone up there to premiere the video and talk about the record.
Now it's all rush rush, in the album release week. I hope it catches people's attention, 'cause V deserves it!!

i agree.

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 08:01:07 pm »
I think it is getting more promotion than Harmonium.

Remember, they are essentially promoting Vanessa for the first time... it's been 5 years since she was "known" with Be Not Nobody (really, A Thousand Miles)... they are having to start from scratch and push her.

Her style is also completely different than all the huge artists and what is popular on the radio so it is going to take a lot more work for Vanessa to be popular than any other artist.

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

Butz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 10:44:08 am »
Quote from: "kaysha"
I think it is getting more promotion than Harmonium.

Remember, they are essentially promoting Vanessa for the first time... it's been 5 years since she was "known" with Be Not Nobody (really, A Thousand Miles)... they are having to start from scratch and push her.

Her style is also completely different than all the huge artists and what is popular on the radio so it is going to take a lot more work for Vanessa to be popular than any other artist.

-katia

Yeah that's true, but I'm worried. Those radio visits didn't do anything imo.
They REALLY need to get her out there.

If the single or album doesn't catch on at first, she could tell more about losing the record deal, meeting Irv etc. Like milk it out, drama drama, it could get people interested. But I guess Vanessa doesn't wanna be put out like that.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 11:13:55 am »

She did that for the White Houses video and that was the only time it was on TRL and it never made the VH1 Countdown.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

lauraanne

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 11:19:27 am »
Quote from: "kaysha"

i agree. maybe she wasn't in as many magizines and  commercials or tv apperances because people were waiting to see how successful the album and single were before they booked her.

"oh you're so obident, can i tell you ot do other things? just kidding, there are children here!"

Butz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 01:27:25 pm »
Quote from: "Dancernl"

She did that for the White Houses video and that was the only time it was on TRL and it never made the VH1 Countdown.

We all know why, and I surely don't think, she can not come back again.
Banning a video was bad enough, but banning Vanessa lmao, that would be outrageous. Or maybe she has a grudge against them? could be

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 01:45:35 pm »
The Inc I believe has a good strategy with this.

Harmonium's push came at the end of July when the album came out in November. You barely heard a PEEP about Harmonium by the time the album released.

While The Inc didn't do a massive buildup to H&T, they are now starting to push forward which will make more casual fans buy her CD if they see it in the store. If you push something before it is out and casual fans go to get it and can't get it yet, they just might forget about it.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...