Author Topic: The Fray  (Read 26605 times)

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
The Fray
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2007, 12:39:28 pm »
you're oh so lucky, we just got lawn seats because well... we're poor and we'd already seen mae a million times.  I wish I was up there, but it was still amaaaazing.  Wish I could have seen you guys!  Jess put up some awesome pics... and I realized... hey that's what was going on up there hahaha.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
The Fray
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2007, 11:43:44 pm »
Quote from: "Gina"
you're oh so lucky, we just got lawn seats because well... we're poor and we'd already seen mae a million times.  I wish I was up there, but it was still amaaaazing.  Wish I could have seen you guys!  Jess put up some awesome pics... and I realized... hey that's what was going on up there hahaha.

what was going on up there??

Gina

• View Profile
The Fray
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2007, 03:35:52 am »
I just mean, I couldn't see at all from the lawn seats so when I saw the pictures I could actually see what was happening on the stage.
Gina

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
The Fray
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2007, 07:05:40 pm »
I just mean, I couldn't see at all from the lawn seats so when I saw the pictures I could actually see what was happening on the stage.

You actually probably saw more than Jess or I did, even though we were at the foot of the stage.  the stage was very high up and the wall was the same height as Jessica, and when the crew set up for The Fray they were so spread out we could barely see anything until Hips Don't Lie when they had to be a foot away from us for us to get a descent look.  The speaker Ben stood up on at the end was right in front of us and blocked our view of the piano completely.  Jess did her thing though and shoved her camera in front of people and took pictures anyway.  That's why we heart her!
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
The Fray
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2007, 03:19:09 pm »
Quote from: "Dancernl"

You actually probably saw more than Jess or I did, even though we were at the foot of the stage.  the stage was very high up and the wall was the same height as Jessica, and when the crew set up for The Fray they were so spread out we could barely see anything until Hips Don't Lie when they had to be a foot away from us for us to get a descent look.  The speaker Ben stood up on at the end was right in front of us and blocked our view of the piano completely.  Jess did her thing though and shoved her camera in front of people and took pictures anyway.  That's why we heart her!

I feel as though because I am 4' 10", it is my right to push people more fortunate than I out of my way so that I can too can get photographic evidence of my life experiences. And if it happens to be snotty little brats that I push at a Fray concert, then so be it.

ps, his name isn't Ben it's Isaac :-P

Gina

• View Profile
The Fray
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2007, 07:45:34 am »
hahaha I love you Jess.  I got some really blurry pictures because I was using my 10x optical zoom which really didn't work so well haha.
Gina

beautyofspeed

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
The Fray
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2007, 04:56:01 pm »
I just got back from seeing them in London and they were amazing! I took some video of How to Save a Life and Little House which was really good quality except for random silent bits, which really sucks :( They played a couple of new songs that were good :)

They were supported by an artist called Terra Naomi who sang and played guitar/piano with a band. She was ok, I was a bit bored, but I'm not great with new stuff. The mic was too loud and she never pulled back on the strong notes, which was a bit :/ I think I will check out some recorded stuff.

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
Re: The Fray
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2011, 11:25:26 pm »
Ah, The Fray.

It's nice to see there are a handful of Nessa fans that are also The Fray fans. I enjoyed reading about how you guys followed them from the beginning, and a few of you mentioned seeing them back when they were just making it big in Denver. I think you guys are very fortunate to have been able to see them rise to fame like that!!! I wish I could have had the opportunity to see them perform in a small venue, which is something they would probably not do too often or at all today.

Anyway, their third album should be coming out in the next few months, so I thought I would come and try to revive this The Fray thread. I can't wait until they start touring again too. I hope I like their new material.
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(