Author Topic: Dave Matthews Band  (Read 13476 times)

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2003, 04:19:43 am »
Any local or upstate NESSAholics going to SPAC to see Dave on Wednesday next week (that's 8/27)?  I'll be there in the front balcony!
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2003, 10:04:31 am »
I'm going tonight, I can't wait!  And the opener is gonna kickass, it's the lead singer from the Alman Brothers Band who took over when Greg Alman died.  the other night boyd and leroi sat in and they played Jessica...i really hopw they do it again!
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2003, 12:06:42 pm »
Quote from: "Dancernl"
I'm going tonight, I can't wait!  And the opener is gonna kickass, it's the lead singer from the Alman Brothers Band who took over when Greg Alman died.  the other night boyd and leroi sat in and they played Jessica...i really hopw they do it again!

8O

Awesome! Tell me how it is!
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

LimeTwister

Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2003, 12:40:51 pm »
nevermind..

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2003, 09:54:24 pm »
And this is how the best night of my life went down:
1) driving to Saratoga with JT-stuck on the Northway for 45 minutes!
2) get to SPAC and find a sweet parking spot
3) go in, find our seats in the balcony
4) the Warehouse people come by and exchange our tickets for FRONT ROW SEATS!
5) setlist includes: warehouse, stone, everyday, what would you say, fool to think and watchtower
6) encore goes retro with Best of what's around and Tripping Billies
7) the camera guy turns around and gives me the set list as an apology for being in my way the whole time

full setlist:everyday, rhyme or reason(a pleasant surprise), warehouse, when the world ends, what would you say, help myself, where are you going, loving wings, seek up (awesome jam!), Too much, Fool to think, Grace is gone, the stone, digging a ditch, watchtower(with a 7 Nation Army tease by stefan!)
encore: best, billies

Deep Southern was awesome too, the did all Alman tunes, ending with Jessica but no boyd or leroi :(

mellsbells12

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - luvabugg12
    • View Profile
omg
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2003, 11:57:10 am »
i'm going tonight! i cant wait, hopefully i'll have as much fun as you did, i'll be in the second row w/ my best friend alexa (her dad got us the seats) and all my friends will be on the lawn haha, i'll visit with them some time

last year the night i wasnt there (of course) it started pouring and storming and the show went on--it was awesome i heard, just hearing like "satellite" to that situation, lol i'm so excited for tonite

glad u had fun niki--i'm so upset we missed each other, but oh well we'll see each other again :)

<3 mells <3

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2003, 06:06:28 am »
full setlist:everyday, rhyme or reason(a pleasant surprise), warehouse, when the world ends, what would you say, help myself, where are you going, loving wings, seek up (awesome jam!), Too much, Fool to think, Grace is gone, the stone, digging a ditch, watchtower(with a 7 Nation Army tease by stefan!)
encore: best, billies

Deep Southern was awesome too, the did all Alman tunes, ending with Jessica but no boyd or leroi :(

Awwwww.... I miss Seek Up.  I used to love that song.  Loving wings is always good times.

They do Rhyme and Reason a LOT.  It's never been one of my favorites, but I think Dave feels obligated to do atleast one angry song every show ;)
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2003, 12:24:07 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

They do Rhyme and Reason a LOT.  It's never been one of my favorites, but I think Dave feels obligated to do atleast one angry song every show ;)
---Andrew

Actually I have never been to a Dave show where he's done Rhyme so I was excited even if no one else was, lol.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2003, 07:02:06 am »
Dave Matthews new Solo Album, Some Devil, came out on tuesday.  I'm still forming an opinion, but I really like the accoustic version of Gravedigger.
---Andrew

---Andrew

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2003, 09:24:51 am »
the only song that i really like so far is Dodo.  An' Another Thing is ok too, but it's basically Little Thing in sheep's clothing.  I don't usually like it when artists re-write already great songs.  I agree with you on acoustic Gravedigger though!  the DVD and CD releases of Central Park could come out as soon as November, and a 6 disk Gorge release is slated for next year.  Plus rumors of a full band Winter tour, and Dave and Friends in the Spring....there goes my bank account!

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2003, 12:26:58 pm »
the only song that i really like so far is Dodo.  An' Another Thing is ok too, but it's basically Little Thing in sheep's clothing.  I don't usually like it when artists re-write already great songs.  I agree with you on acoustic Gravedigger though!  the DVD and CD releases of Central Park could come out as soon as November, and a 6 disk Gorge release is slated for next year.  Plus rumors of a full band Winter tour, and Dave and Friends in the Spring....there goes my bank account!

No kidding!  Busy winter ;)

I'm not diggin the new Little Thing so much.  It just kinda drifts around and never seems to make a real point.

Nothing on the album has really jumped out at me yet.... i'm hoping this one kinda grows on me though.  But mostly, it reminds me too much of Everyday.  As in, overproduced.
---Andrew

---Andrew

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2003, 08:51:15 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

No kidding!  Busy winter ;)

I'm not diggin the new Little Thing so much.  It just kinda drifts around and never seems to make a real point.

Nothing on the album has really jumped out at me yet.... i'm hoping this one kinda grows on me though.  But mostly, it reminds me too much of Everyday.  As in, overproduced.
---Andrew

yeah, that seems to be the general consensus from a lot of people i've discussed Some Devil with.  I am not against artists growing and changing and trying something different, but i've said it before and i'll say it again: why re-invent the wheel?  

On a side note, because you mentioned Everyday it reminded me, that my good friend from home just got into DMB.  And all she listens to is Everyday.  Which is ok, there are a few nice tunes there, but her favorite song is...Angel.  Good Lord.  I am so schooling her in BTCS 101 when I get home for Thanksgiving!

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2003, 06:47:03 pm »
check out Dave on Saturday Night Live this weekend!  And when I say Dave I mean just Dave Matthews, no band.

Andrew, are you planning on going to any solo shows this winter?  I haven't made up my mind yet but it looks like the only show near me is on a day I can't go.

Central Park DVD/CD comes out November 18!

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2003, 04:20:36 pm »
**let's hear it for the triple post**

Last night on SNL, was it just me, or did Dave look like a hobo that lives in a cardboard box down the street?  He just looked awful, the beard annoys me, and his teeth were all yellow.....gross!  Save Me was kinda good though, I'm not a fan of So Damn Lucky either.....why didn't he go with accoustic Gravedigger?  oh well....

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2003, 06:42:56 am »
check out Dave on Saturday Night Live this weekend!  And when I say Dave I mean just Dave Matthews, no band.

Andrew, are you planning on going to any solo shows this winter?  I haven't made up my mind yet but it looks like the only show near me is on a day I can't go.

Central Park DVD/CD comes out November 18!

Not right now I'm not..... Im trying to save cash right now.  I am doing a lot of home improvement and it is draining my cash fast.

BUT, I did order the central park CD and DVD.  Im stoked.  Both Pearl Jam and DMB are releasing live stuff this month!!

EDIT

Last night on SNL, was it just me, or did Dave look like a hobo that lives in a cardboard box down the street? He just looked awful, the beard annoys me, and his teeth were all yellow.....gross! Save Me was kinda good though, I'm not a fan of So Damn Lucky either.....why didn't he go with accoustic Gravedigger? oh well....

Dave has been lookin like a hobo for years now ;)  

And I like lucky.....   :?

---Andrew