Author Topic: Song on Gwen's Myspace?  (Read 18544 times)

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2008, 03:10:04 am »
She posted this...

the sister topic.

So I have been trying to skirt around the topic of Vanessa since I started my music, but it's time to talk. I get too many emails about it, and I always feel guilty ignoring the emails with no reply, so it's time to address the topic. Obviously we are sisters, therefore we of course always will have love for one another, but we are not close.
With that said, I am VERY honored and HAPPY to have her fans be fans of my music too. I am a fan of both myself, but I'm probably a bigger fan of hers than of any of my amateur stuff lol. She has her jet setting life in NYC, and wherever else she is right now, and I have my yoga living life in DC, and that is who we are... Very different, but its a great thing.

thanks for all of your support.
xx
Gwen
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2008, 08:05:22 am »
Its kinda sad that they dont talk.

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2008, 09:01:58 am »
yeah.....
they both seem very nice....it seems like they should be  very close...and inseparable even....

it sad....   :cry:  :cry:
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2008, 09:44:14 am »
Yea it is a little sad but it just sounds like they are at different parts of their lives and it's not as if they don't care or love about each other, they're just different. Anyone who has a sister knows that no matter how far you drift you'll always love them.
ENS

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2008, 07:34:47 am »
Quote from: "SadAsBlue"
Yea it is a little sad but it just sounds like they are at different parts of their lives and it's not as if they don't care or love about each other, they're just different. Anyone who has a sister knows that no matter how far you drift you'll always love them.

Yeah...I have 4 siblings: a twin sister, 2 younger sisters, and a younger brother...
And i know sometimes i feel like i wanna strangle them and never talk to them again!  :?  :?  :lol: LOL

But in the end....I guess we are all eternally bonded to our siblings....
Because whether we like it or not, there will always be some kind of feeling towards them :lol: :razz: :D
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2008, 12:10:15 pm »
I am not close to my sister, just because you are family does not mean you have to be close, or even friends.

When people ask me how my sister is doing, I always lie and say "Oh yeah she's great." When really, I haven't talked with her in months, years. I have no clue how she's really doing. We live in the same house! And we avoid each other and only talk to each other if its something like, "can you move your car so I can wash my car?" things like that. But I am very close with my cousins, and one of my friends I consider her to be like a sibling/sister to me more than my biological sister. We have different lives, and we are different people. I totally understand what Gwen said, but they will always have love for one another.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2008, 11:49:42 pm »
This was on her official Myspace so she has her songs for sale now! thats cool! :D

<embed src="http://void.snocap.com/s/T3-31324-T53HP32CAH-B/" width="425" height="300" style="background: url(http://void.snocap.com/b/T3-31324-T53HP32CAH-B/);"/>

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 12:32:43 am »
Is it just me, or is this girl (young woman in CA, CO, CT, FL, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, and WA) amazingly beautiful to look at?  And not just that, but I love to hear her sing, too!  Hope she keeps it up! :D
Dustin

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2008, 06:19:51 pm »
Yeah, I really enjoy Gwen Carlton's music.
That's what she said.

zurielshimon

• View Profile
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 01:42:11 pm »

Is this girl not just one of the most beautiful living things I've ever seen?
Dustin

Kate

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2008, 05:55:30 am »
sorry but I don't really like her.. :?
don't like her way to sing. Vanessa is more professional and talented. maybe cause of more experience and ....talent?  :D
"This night under stars, well, I call it peace"
"I walk the street with a song in my head"

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2008, 07:39:11 am »
I actually have discovered that my sister and I aren't very close either, we live in the same house, but I just don't feel a closeness to her, we are such opposites, fire and water. Its sad, but its life, I plan in 2 years to move to New York, which is accross the country, I will be so far from everyone, but its what I feel I need to do, even though it'll make me so separated from my family.

zurielshimon

• View Profile
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2008, 09:22:50 am »
Quote from: "Kate"
don't like her way to sing. Vanessa is more professional and talented. maybe cause of more experience and ....talent?  :D

Alas, comparisons to Vanessa are inevitable, but certainly understandable.  They both have the same mother (and father, for that matter), so a good chunk of their musical background comes from the same place.  There is also certainly a familiarity in their voices.  And as this is a Vanessa Carlton message board, almost any other musician discussed is likely to be compared and contrasted with Vanessa, regardless of their relation to her.

Vanessa started out in much the same place.  Most of her earliest recordings are quite weird-sounding compared to what she does now.  She's a much better singer and songwriter these days.  Her playing ability may have matured some as well, though she was never dull on the keys.  Most any musician that we really like today had their awkward starting-out phase.  I doubt Gwen Carlton is any different.  I turned on to Shannon Thomas a few years ago, even before I had heard most of the marvelous tracks that became 'Brainstorms', and her work since that album has been even better, on average.  I still strongly believe she's going to really glow in the near future.

Of course also, Gwen is really only doing music part-time, and hasn't (yet?) opted to go the "starving artist" route.  She has a life doing other things at the moment and readily admits that her musical exploits aren't defining and that it's not necessarily her dream to be a star.  But I hear promise, and I'll keep tuned to her channel and see what comes out.  I have a strong notion that anything could happen with her.
Dustin

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2008, 05:21:06 pm »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Quote from: "Kate"

Alas, comparisons to Vanessa are inevitable, but certainly understandable.  They both have the same mother (and father, for that matter), so a good chunk of their musical background comes from the same place.  There is also certainly a familiarity in their voices.  And as this is a Vanessa Carlton message board, almost any other musician discussed is likely to be compared and contrasted with Vanessa, regardless of their relation to her.

Vanessa started out in much the same place.  Most of her earliest recordings are quite weird-sounding compared to what she does now.  She's a much better singer and songwriter these days.  Her playing ability may have matured some as well, though she was never dull on the keys.  Most any musician that we really like today had their awkward starting-out phase.  I doubt Gwen Carlton is any different.  I turned on to Shannon Thomas a few years ago, even before I had heard most of the marvelous tracks that became 'Brainstorms', and her work since that album has been even better, on average.  I still strongly believe she's going to really glow in the near future.

Of course also, Gwen is really only doing music part-time, and hasn't (yet?) opted to go the "starving artist" route.  She has a life doing other things at the moment and readily admits that her musical exploits aren't defining and that it's not necessarily her dream to be a star.  But I hear promise, and I'll keep tuned to her channel and see what comes out.  I have a strong notion that anything could happen with her.

Yes she does remind me of early Vanessa... If she chooses to work more on her music... Ill just wait and see.

Kate

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Gwen Carlton
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2008, 11:35:02 am »
I think that her work on the piano is less....complicated? Don't find the right word. Of course, vanessa was a bit like her at the beginning, but personally it's different though. Anyway it's normal that's different: they're sister and not clones  :lol: . It's better to see two different way to write music and to sing. But for now I don't like her voice. Maybe in the future?... :)
"This night under stars, well, I call it peace"
"I walk the street with a song in my head"