Author Topic: What's the deal with "Rinse"?  (Read 14806 times)

HeroesAndThieves

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • love plastic love
    • MSN Messenger - heroesandthieves@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
What's the deal with "Rinse"?
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 05:52:53 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
Quote from: "HeroesAndThieves"
Quote from: "romoin"
Quote from: "Boy of Summer"
No. All I am saying is that song is mediocre and isn't single material--nor should it ever be remade or remixed for any future single.

I'm gonna wonder if you really are a nessa fan ...  :wink:

Well we aren't one to decide who is and who isn't, if someone says they are how can we just say "YOUR NOT A FAN"  :)  But still, every singer must have 1 bad song, and to BOS it's Rinse or Pretty Baby.

I noticed that girls for the most part have a real affinity for the song Rinse, for obvious reasons. But then again, the majority of Vanessa's fanbase are either female or gay. lol

The last Vanessa show I went to consisted of mainly girls, and then there was a lot of gay guys, and the guys that weren't gay were just there because of their girlfriends or something.

Well if i remember correctly, isn't there more girls then guys in the world, haha imagine if every single girl liked Vanessa... that'd be strange...

That post made no sense at all and was pointless  :wink:

But yea, nothing wrong with her fanbase, even if they are mostly feminine.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 05:58:04 pm »
No. All I am saying is that song is mediocre and isn't single material--nor should it ever be remade or remixed for any future single.

Well we aren't one to decide who is and who isn't, if someone says they are how can we just say "YOUR NOT A FAN"  :)  But still, every singer must have 1 bad song, and to BOS it's Rinse or Pretty Baby.

I noticed that girls for the most part have a real affinity for the song Rinse, for obvious reasons. But then again, the majority of Vanessa's fanbase are either female or gay. lol

The last Vanessa show I went to consisted of mainly girls, and then there was a lot of gay guys, and the guys that weren't gay were just there because of their girlfriends or something.

Well if i remember correctly, isn't there more girls then guys in the world, haha imagine if every single girl liked Vanessa... that'd be strange...

That post made no sense at all and was pointless  :wink:

But yea, nothing wrong with her fanbase, even if they are mostly feminine.

I didn't say there was anything wrong, just an observation. And it's really not pointless, females are more inclined to like certain types of music where as males listen to others. Of course this is a dumb generalization and there's always exceptions, but you won't see a lot of straight men listening to Celine Dion. lol

Sorry, I just got out of my night Sociology class and I'm still thinking like a sociologist.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

BurningDownLove

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 06:00:40 pm »

lol yeah i'm a girl
I really like Rinse :lol:

on the subject of Pretty Baby,
why is the radio edit different from the one on the CD?
i could've sworn i had that version on a CD,
but i lost it and so i bought a new one a year later and
Pretty Baby was less piano and more drum/guitar....
can someone tell me if i'm crazy or if they just released
a different version?

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 06:07:39 pm »
Quote from: "BurningDownLove"

lol yeah i'm a girl
I really like Rinse :lol:

on the subject of Pretty Baby,
why is the radio edit different from the one on the CD?
i could've sworn i had that version on a CD,
but i lost it and so i bought a new one a year later and
Pretty Baby was less piano and more drum/guitar....
can someone tell me if i'm crazy or if they just released
a different version?

The CD was later released in Europe and featured the single version of Pretty Baby instead of the original, that CD also had bonus tracks such as remixes, etc. I can't recall if that version of BNN was ever released here in the States though.

HeroesAndThieves

• love plastic love
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 06:09:41 pm »
Well i know is, Australia's Be Not Nobody doesn't have any different tracks. I wish she'd release Heroes and Thieves down here! :x  We've already missed out on Harmonium :(

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2007, 06:10:33 pm »
Well i know is, Australia's Be Not Nobody doesn't have any different tracks. I wish she'd release Heroes and Thieves down here! :x  We've already missed out on Harmonium :(

I've noticed that Australia gets shafted hardcore when it comes to CDs and video games.

HeroesAndThieves

• love plastic love
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2007, 06:13:12 pm »

I've noticed that Australia gets shafted hardcore when it comes to CDs and video games.

Well we do get games a week before UK most of the time. Which is a good thing, but it's usally 1 month after it was released in US and JAP...

Stupid PAL configuration...

Boy of Summer

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thenolitafairyta
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2007, 01:58:56 pm »

for me, listening to nessa's music is simply the best way to help correct my overabundance of testosterone...

charmedguy18

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2007, 02:29:12 pm »
I love rinse and pretty baby, especially the video version of PB.

I remember discussing this on the old forum, but v's music is just kind of... feminine. It attracts those who like the feminine-type of music. V is my favorite so I'm sure being gay has a lot to do with it. =P

romoin

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - floutslemechant111@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2007, 02:53:01 pm »
We're in the 21st century, boys and girls are acting the same way and most of Vanessa's songs witch are about boys could be about girls too (exept white houses of course) .
But I have to admit that I don't understand every lyrics, but maybe if I could, I would not be able to identify to her like I do.

HeroesAndThieves

• love plastic love
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2007, 02:55:15 pm »
We're in the 21st century, boys and girls are acting the same way and most of Vanessa's songs witch are about boys could be about girls too (exept white houses of course) .
But I have to admit that I don't understand every lyrics, but maybe if I could, I would not be able to identify to her like I do.

Well that's true, but she does base lots of songs on personal experience, being a girl she would naturally attract girls attention.

romoin

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - floutslemechant111@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2007, 03:12:19 pm »
Well maybe I'm becoming a woman loooool
No but when I listen to best behavior, it's just like she was singing about me. By the way I'm just defending the straigh male cause  :) whitch is pointless cause I know I'm wrong  :x

charmedguy18

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2007, 05:24:44 pm »
I really beg to differ on the boys and girls act the same thing. Maybe in cities, but not everywhere. Here no man would dare listen to Vanessa Carlton. Except me of course.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2007, 05:30:05 pm »
Quote from: "charmedguy18"
I really beg to differ on the boys and girls act the same thing. Maybe in cities, but not everywhere. Here no man would dare listen to Vanessa Carlton. Except me of course.

Yeah same here....over in the suburbs I never hear of a guy listining to Vanessa and if someone does listen to her its always girls.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2007, 06:54:21 pm »
Men and woman are acting more and more alike outside of the United States. For example in Japan, men are much more feminine in appearance and dress, and are desired by women as such.

In America there's a much more machismo aspect to masculinity, like... men are expected to act and be a certain way. Of course there are metrosexuals, but outside of cities metrosexuals aren't as common.