Author Topic: Vanessa Hudgens' Photo Scandal  (Read 15611 times)

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Vanessa Hudgens' Photo Scandal
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2007, 10:31:47 am »
While I do think HSM and Hannah Montana's successes are too much, I don't think that they have no purpose. Of course they have a purpose. Young kids, especially girls, love it. But I think it's sad when real musicians get sidelined by these concocted kiddie products. And they are products.

The whole HSM cast is getting record deals when real musicians can't find the same success.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2007, 11:49:17 am »
The record industry doesn't care about real mucisians, they care about marketable products that generate revenue. I think the outlandish success of HSM would only naturally lead to individual record contracts with the cast members, I mean, it's a pretty obvious progression. With the amount of money Disney has made off of HSM, think about what they could do with solo acts, and there's already a huge established market out there for these people to sell these records too. Give the people what they want.

It makes sense.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2007, 03:07:49 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
The record industry doesn't care about real mucisians, they care about marketable products that generate revenue. I think the outlandish success of HSM would only naturally lead to individual record contracts with the cast members, I mean, it's a pretty obvious progression. With the amount of money Disney has made off of HSM, think about what they could do with solo acts, and there's already a huge established market out there for these people to sell these records too. Give the people what they want.

It makes sense.

Ah, idealism.  It's adorable.

Tell me, PFF, what are "real musicians" if they aren't the musicians making music that people like?

Is there am empirical standard for judging music that I am not aware of?

Like, I know 1 is smaller than 10 in a base 10 mathematical system.  I know this because it is inherent in math.

But tell me, how do you know one musician is better than another?
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2007, 03:16:21 pm »
Are you serious?  :?  Shut up Andrew.

Stop wasting everyone's time here and join a debate team. :roll: Jesus christ.

I am not going to argue for the sake of arguing, find someone else to amuse yourself with, NoelleNC seems to be doing a pretty good job of feeding into your narcissim. And it's annoying quite frankly.

What I had written was simple enough to understand, I am not interested in a philosophical dicussion of what it means to be a "real musician", I only stated that people such as Zac Efron are marketable, and already have a marketed fanbase willing to buy whatever Disney pushes through him. End of conversation, no need to bring in notions of how to determine a musicians worth, because it's pretty pointless since it's all objective.

If you are looking to have that conversation than I am sorry, you'll have to go elsewhere.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2007, 04:11:47 pm »
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=275194&mpc=1

This is a really good article in response to Vanessa's "scandal".  :)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2007, 11:12:39 am »
Are you serious?  :?  Shut up Andrew.

Stop wasting everyone's time here and join a debate team. :roll: Jesus christ.

I am not going to argue for the sake of arguing, find someone else to amuse yourself with, NoelleNC seems to be doing a pretty good job of feeding into your narcissim. And it's annoying quite frankly.

What I had written was simple enough to understand, I am not interested in a philosophical dicussion of what it means to be a "real musician", I only stated that people such as Zac Efron are marketable, and already have a marketed fanbase willing to buy whatever Disney pushes through him. End of conversation, no need to bring in notions of how to determine a musicians worth, because it's pretty pointless since it's all objective.

If you are looking to have that conversation than I am sorry, you'll have to go elsewhere.

Wow.  You are really insecure.  You should see someone about that.  Did someone bully you when you were little or something?  Cause spazing out everytime someone challenges you is really unhealthy.

Also, I am pretty sure when you said "no need to bring in notions of how to determine a musicians worth, because it's pretty pointless since it's all objective." you meant SUBJECTIVE.

Which is exactly the point.   It's all subjective.  See, it's easy when you agree with me.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
hsm
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2007, 12:41:10 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

It's not idealism, it's capitalism. Disney is Capitalizing on HSM's success. That's why they are having all these kids release albums, it's good marketing....that's what America's about.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

soupdujour

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2007, 06:42:46 pm »
Can this thread please be locked? There's certain people whom I strongly dislike and I don't appreciate them having a retarded debate on the thread I posted. Thank you. :roll:

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2007, 07:12:31 pm »
Quote from: "soupdujour"
Can this thread please be locked? There's certain people whom I strongly dislike and I don't appreciate them having a retarded debate on the thread I posted. Thank you. :roll:

It's a public forum, it happens.  :wink:

djQUAN

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - djquan128@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - djquan128@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.djquan.angelcities.com
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2007, 05:41:44 am »
Quote from: "soupdujour"

then don't post any thread. it's that simple.

keep in mind this is a public forum and everyone is entitiled to post what they want to say. whether you like it or not, the people you dislike are in this forum and they WILL post if you post a thread.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Re: hsm
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2007, 07:59:47 am »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"

It's not idealism, it's capitalism. Disney is Capitalizing on HSM's success. That's why they are having all these kids release albums, it's good marketing....that's what America's about.

Did you seriously just try to tell me what Capitalism is?  lolz.  Awesome.

But to help you understand a conversation you're clearly not following, his idealism isn't about the marketing.  It's about his concept of what "real mucisians" are.

---Andrew

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2007, 08:13:18 am »
Haha, I just noticed that I totally spelt musicians wrong in my first post, because I looked at your post Andrew and I was like, "wtf."

And my statement about real musicians was a response to NoelleNC's notion of "the HSM cast is getting record deals when real musicians can't find the same success."

So it really isn't my idealism.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2007, 08:16:55 am »
Haha, I just noticed that I totally spelt musicians wrong in my first post, because I looked at your post Andrew and I was like, "wtf."

And my statement about real musicians was a response to NoelleNC's notion of "the HSM cast is getting record deals when real musicians can't find the same success."

So are you disavowing the opinion that there is a difference between the "HSM cast" and "real musicians?"

---Andrew

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2007, 08:21:15 am »

So are you disavowing the opinion that there is a difference between the "HSM cast" and "real musicians?"

I never said there was a difference, I was using NoelleNC's idea of their being a difference between them to make a point. As I meant to say, it's subjective (objective... ehhh, close enough, you still understood what I meant).

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2007, 03:46:39 pm »
What's wrong with the Disney channel. lol

Edit -

Awesome, now that the mods deleted the posts that I directed this comment to, it looks completely retarded by itself. Oh man. lol