Author Topic: What's the deal with "Rinse"?  (Read 13845 times)

charmedguy18

What's the deal with "Rinse"?
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2007, 06:16:11 pm »
Quote from: "Jophess"
Quote from: "charmedguy18"
I really beg to differ on the boys and girls act the same thing. Maybe in cities, but not everywhere. Here no man would dare listen to Vanessa Carlton. Except me of course.

I mean, I wouldn't consider Cincinnati a big city, but I go to an all guy school and there are at least 4 or 5 other guys I know that like Vanessa and none of them are gay - or flaming or out, for that matter. I am not gay and I love V's music.

Cincinnati's is pretty big.lol

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2007, 07:53:50 pm »
I really beg to differ on the boys and girls act the same thing. Maybe in cities, but not everywhere. Here no man would dare listen to Vanessa Carlton. Except me of course.

I mean, I wouldn't consider Cincinnati a big city, but I go to an all guy school and there are at least 4 or 5 other guys I know that like Vanessa and none of them are gay - or flaming or out, for that matter. I am not gay and I love V's music.

See what I mean?  Let's claim vanessa for gay people on a standard based on one gay guy who lives in an area that tries to repress his sexuality.  A standard that is irrevocable because everywhere has more people then he lives.  Hell, lets just count your neighborhood.  We'll focus on the bully.

We could even go as far as finding a gay guy in the alaskian tundra who is convinced the polar bears don't see his sexuality the way he does and needs vanessa to help identify with it.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2007, 08:35:37 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"

See what I mean?  Let's claim vanessa for gay people on a standard based on one gay guy who lives in an area that tries to repress his sexuality.  A standard that is irrevocable because everywhere has more people then he lives.  Hell, lets just count your neighborhood.  We'll focus on the bully.

We could even go as far as finding a gay guy in the alaskian tundra who is convinced the polar bears don't see his sexuality the way he does and needs vanessa to help identify with it.

You can say some really stupid things sometimes Tylor.  :|
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2007, 08:51:18 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"

I don't thinks so.  It is a position.  I don't want vc to be labeled as gay and girl music.  As much as I respect your comments in particular, I don't agree with all of the people here and the content of their arguments.  I've heard this stuff before, because frankly I've had friends from all walks of life, including gay men.  And I just don't agree.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2007, 05:38:09 am »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"

I don't thinks so.  It is a position.  I don't want vc to be labeled as gay and girl music.  As much as I respect your comments in particular, I don't agree with all of the people here and the content of their arguments.  I've heard this stuff before, because frankly I've had friends from all walks of life, including gay men.  And I just don't agree.

I meant that I found your polar bear common slightly offensive and pretty tactless. Sorry, I understand your position but the way you chose to present it didn't sit too well with me.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.