Author Topic: help with a question  (Read 1857 times)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
help with a question
« on: November 23, 2007, 10:27:59 pm »
ok so I anytime someone invites me to something I say yes. So this time I don't want to go..how do you say no but in a nice way? Make up in excuse or just flat out say no... agh help?

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

davidjp

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - hon8888@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
help with a question
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 10:39:25 pm »
There's nothing wrong with a white lie.  :)
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
help with a question
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 11:25:07 pm »
yeah, see theres my problem. When I lie (not very good at it) I do it well but than it seems that its not going to work so I add more to it, making it this big huge thing. Than I just start to literally ramble. Agh I will just say I have to watch the siblings because dad and mom have to work tomorrow even thought they don't work on saturdays but this saturday they do have to work...works I guess. Thanks.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
help with a question
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 12:43:33 am »
What's wrong with just saying, "No, I don't want to go." It's not anything personal, you just don't want to go. And there's nothing wrong with it. Seriously, it completely baffles me how people get so intimidated and afraid of using the word no. People need to use it more often, so much shit would be avoided if people did.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
help with a question
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 04:03:40 am »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
What's wrong with just saying, "No, I don't want to go." It's not anything personal, you just don't want to go. And there's nothing wrong with it. Seriously, it completely baffles me how people get so intimidated and afraid of using the word no. People need to use it more often, so much shit would be avoided if people did.
i completely agree with this approach.  If i know i do not want to go i just say no thank you or no i'm not interested and move on.  If it is something i am willing to consider i say that i will think about it and get back to them within x period of time (and i actually do that too...)

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton