Author Topic: 11/18/2007: Park West - Chicago, IL  (Read 14555 times)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
11/18/2007: Park West - Chicago, IL
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2007, 12:03:46 pm »
well you an get there at 3 or noon or whenever you want we just want to get there as early as we can to eat something before the show and than to make sure that we get a good area to see her.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

equeen1022

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amber102208
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2007, 12:25:37 pm »
Is this Park West place like a stand up place?
~*Amber*~

'Cause I lose my way searching for stage lights...

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2007, 01:21:09 pm »
I am not sure I was going to ask its general admission so not sure, I really would not know seeing that this is the first concert I will go to so I don't know how the whole seating thing works

does it have seats B? or is it all just standing?

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2007, 08:21:14 pm »
Park West is interesting.

The first V tour (2002) the venue was standing. The second V tour (2004) they had us seated, but it was still gen ad.

Your best bet is to call the box office a week to 10 days before the show and inquire, because they should know by then how V wants the setup done.

As for clarification, I'd say if you get to the venue by 3pm you should be near the front of the line if doors are at 6:30pm, although doors at Park West never open when they should, or at least they haven't in my two experiences there.

If you want to be safe, get there earlier. The bad news is even if you're in front of the line the way the venue is set up if people get in before or at the same time as you they could sprint ahead of you and get a better spot.

Did I mention I hate it when people sprint ahead after being back in line?  :lol:
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2007, 06:28:09 pm »
woo woo! this sunday.

i'm stoked. my friends and i are making shirts.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2007, 07:07:19 pm »
nice I shall see you there! I am going to go with my Best Friend Miriam. We are going to be posting some flyers/postcards around the Venue and abroud Saturday  8)

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2007, 09:50:23 pm »
Quote from: "B"
1) Park West security is notoriously anal about cameras. I wouldn't suggest trying it (unless of course you can get a photo pass).
2) If doors are at 6:30, it really depends on when you want to get there. I'd say 3-4 to be safe, but that's because I'm an overplanner.  :razz:

I don't think I will be able to make it to this show.  :cry:

oh I forgot to ask... is it too late? but how do you get one of these photo passes?

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2007, 11:17:05 pm »
I'd say call the venue and check, because V has been pretty good about cameras this tour. I remember last time they didn't even have a camera policy in place and they just said no flash. It could be just no flash again, which is fine if you're up close.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2007, 11:29:04 pm »
Every show I saw of V's cameras were fine but NO flash.  Even if you have a photo pass you still aren't allowed to use flash and can only shoot the first 3 songs from the back of house (i.e. by the sound booth) so unless you have an uber-expensive camera, a photo pass doesn't help much.
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

asnigro

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nigro227
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - asnigro
    • View Profile
Early arrivals
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2007, 02:41:42 am »
Wow 3-4pm?!?  I hope you all arent having to stand in the cold for those 3-4 hours of waiting!  I'll be in Minneapolis for the weekend for a football game but driving back Sunday morning in time to make it to the show at around 6:30 hopefully.

Anyone find out if it is going to be a seated or standing show?  Been blaring the Heroes & Thieves album post bar time lately.  

I'm looking forward to taking VC out for some cobbler afterwards if she accepts.
I'll...keep...fingers...crossed...always...for...you

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2007, 04:22:20 pm »
I am going to be with my friends. I will be wearing a green shirt that says "No Matter What I Do It's Only You." and "I Am A Nessaholic." To the people who are going, I am excited to meet you all! This will be a great show!

heyheyitsaiste

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2007, 04:46:12 pm »
Quote from: "Journey_to"
Oh man!!! of all the times not to be in chicago! ughhhhh!! she never seems to be touring near there in the summer....

ditto. i live in chicago but im currently missing in action for a couple of months. eff me. seriously. vanessa SERIOUSLY.

Moogs21

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007, 10:40:38 pm »
Looking at my ticket... it says like what section, row and what seat, and a letter... but then says general admission. ???
Is that bogus or do we really have a seating area...

I've never been to a concert before.

Also, has anyone checked on the camera status?

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 10:52:45 pm »
Quote from: "Moogs21"
Looking at my ticket... it says like what section, row and what seat, and a letter... but then says general admission. ???
Is that bogus or do we really have a seating area...

I've never been to a concert before.

Also, has anyone checked on the camera status?

I know it shows the seat and row stuff My tickets show row G1 seats 29-30 or something like that so I dont really know what that is all about...  

I don't know about the camera situation. On the ticket master info for Park west is says General Rules : Absolutley no recording devices/cameras so not sure. I am just not going to bring my camera...don't want to risk it.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2007, 11:19:34 pm »
They randomly generate a row/seat for you, but it doesn't mean anything. If it were a seated non-GA show then you'd have to choose seats. Since it is GA they randomly generated a row/seat, probably for ticket-sale tracking purposes.