Author Topic: T-Mobile Caller Tunes!!!  (Read 4897 times)

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
T-Mobile Caller Tunes!!!
« on: October 06, 2007, 06:52:37 pm »
So I got this txt message a couple days ago:

- Free T-Mobile Msg. The Bonus CallerTune will change on Fri. Oct. 5 to "Nolita Fairytale" by Vanessa Carlton.

I just logged in to check it out and down the left side of the main "Caller Tunes" page is Vanessa's name -- and if you click on it you can buy any of the songs from H&T to be a callertune!!

Check it out:

Now to decide which ones to buy -- yay!
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
T-Mobile Caller Tunes!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 06:56:35 pm »
It's always struck me as odd that ringtones cost as much as they do, when you can buy the full song for 99 cents on iTunes. You're paying double the price for something that's a 1/5 of the length of the full song. lol

This is why I'm glad I have a Krzor and can download songs for free onto my phone and use them as ringtones, man, 2 dollars a pop adds up after awhile.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • View Profile
    • Email
T-Mobile Caller Tunes!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 07:05:38 pm »
Ah yes, but you see my friend, these aren't ringtones... these are callertunes.

Where tmobile sends back music playing instead of the standard ringback when someone calls you... great advertisement me thinks.
I <3 Nicole

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
T-Mobile Caller Tunes!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 07:08:07 pm »
Quote from: "kaysha"

Where tmobile sends back music playing instead of the standard ringback when someone calls you... great advertisement me thinks.

Aren't those what ringtones are? Like, I have Hands On Me as a ringtone, so, how is that any different. lol Maybe T-Mobile calls them callertunes? Give them a different fancy name to get people into thinking they have something awesome? I dunno.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
T-Mobile Caller Tunes!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 07:12:10 pm »
ringtones are RIDULOUSLY espensive for my telus phone...its 4 DOLLARS! for a 5 second ring tone...like WTF??

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
T-Mobile Caller Tunes!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 08:21:37 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"

Aren't those what ringtones are? Like, I have Hands On Me as a ringtone, so, how is that any different. lol Maybe T-Mobile calls them callertunes? Give them a different fancy name to get people into thinking they have something awesome? I dunno.

No, these aren't ringtones. They are what my plan, Verizon, calls ringbacks...when people call you and they are waiting for you to pick up it will play the song you choose for them to hear..
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

HeroesAndThieves

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • love plastic love
    • MSN Messenger - heroesandthieves@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
T-Mobile Caller Tunes!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 09:56:14 pm »
Quote from: "PutYourHandsOnMe101"

No, these aren't ringtones. They are what my plan, Verizon, calls ringbacks...when people call you and they are waiting for you to pick up it will play the song you choose for them to hear..

That's awesome! So it's like being on hold? Haha  :D

Epit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
T-Mobile Caller Tunes!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 11:57:35 pm »
Oh lucky you... how i wish my country will put Vanessa on the list of callertunes (we call it caller ringtones here ;p)

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • View Profile
    • Email
T-Mobile Caller Tunes!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 11:22:38 am »
Quote from: "HeroesAndThieves"

Sorry... i wasn't clear.  The "ringback" word i used is the official term for when you hear ringing when you call someone if you're in the telecom industry... i should have said "that ringing sound"

All the cell phone carriers have started intercepting the "ringback" and playing music instead, then of course they branded that function different things.. for tmobile it is callertunes, for sprint i think is calltones and apparently Verizon went with "ringbacks"

I think ringtones are pretty universal for the music that plays when you receive a call though.

-katia
I <3 Nicole

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
T-Mobile Caller Tunes!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 11:37:53 am »
I have Cingular/at&t so I don't know if they offer that yet. Right now all I have is Avril Lavigne and The Donnas ringtones. I'm probably going to get a BlackBerry and when I do I'm going to get myself some Vanessa Carlton ringtones. So far, I haven't seen any for my particular phone to purchase which sucks. :( *I'm so jealous*

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Angelcorrine

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
T-Mobile Caller Tunes!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 01:54:15 pm »
AT&T has Nolita Fairytale - I checked on the website.  Also, they have several of the new songs up for regular ringtones (which I can't link to, apparently).

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
T-Mobile Caller Tunes!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 11:09:57 am »
Quote from: "HeroesAndThieves"

Oh, I'd find that to be so obnoxious. lol When I call my friends I don't want the experience to mirror me calling a pizza place or tech support. Haha.