Author Topic: Heroes & Thieves Album Information Thread  (Read 78576 times)

marxu

Heroes & Thieves Album Information Thread
« Reply #330 on: September 30, 2007, 01:37:09 pm »
It will be released in here (Estonia) on 5th Oct. too!  :D  Hmm.. there are 2 different H&T albums available - the other one will be released 10.10.2007 and seems to have some kind of extra stuff on it since it costs more and has +1 written after the title, but there's no description so I'll just have to wait..

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Huh?
« Reply #331 on: October 01, 2007, 10:46:30 am »
Quote from: "marxu"
Hmm.. there are 2 different H&T albums available - the other one will be released 10.10.2007 and seems to have some kind of extra stuff on it since it costs more and has +1 written after the title

Where did you read that?

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 01, 2007, 10:47:39 am »
Quote from: "marxu"
It will be released in here (Estonia) on 5th Oct. too!  :D  Hmm.. there are 2 different H&T albums available - the other one will be released 10.10.2007 and seems to have some kind of extra stuff on it since it costs more and has +1 written after the title, but there's no description so I'll just have to wait..

really?? aww wow  :D thats great!

marxu

Re: Huh?
« Reply #333 on: October 02, 2007, 03:09:03 am »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"

Where did you read that?

Here are the links:
Heroes & Thieves + 1 ..and..
Heroes & Thieves
There's no other information, but there has to be some kind of difference...hopefully there's a video or something on the more expensive CD :razz: I don't know, it's confusing...

Bernie

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 02, 2007, 06:38:55 am »
Hey! I don't know if it's already been asked but does anyone know where and when "Heroes & Thieves" is going to be released in Europe? I'm from Germany and I can't find the release date...
The version at Amazon is just going to be an import here.

Mhh... or does anyone know the release date in France?
Thank you for your help  :)
I have wandered far and wide
For something real
Something to die for
But I have found you
And you do not see
All that is me
All that is true...

Imaginary Ocean

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 02, 2007, 10:58:16 am »
I guess October 5th. The albums usually come out on the same day in germany and switzerland.. Gute Abend !!

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
« Reply #336 on: October 04, 2007, 08:05:34 pm »
heres a kind of disappointing album review...

"heroes & thieves - album reviews
For all the hype surrounding doe-eyed songstress Vanessa Carlton's move to Murder Inc—partying on Irv's yacht, the tour drug confessions, new friendship with co-writer Stevie Nicks—fans might expect her third release to mark a dramatic reinvention for the piano-tinkling songwriter, or, at the very least, some innovation. Strangely, this latest release feels more like a fumbling debut than the work of a Grammy-winning, platinum-selling artist; instead of the charm of Be Not Nobody or Harmonium's elegantly haunting melodies, the record is unsure and sometimes juvenile.

While opening single "Nolita Fairytale" is a pretty, swooping instruction to "take the glitz back, I want the soul instead," the following tracks falter with weak melodies and bland tales of her first forays into the adult world. A large disappointment is Carlton's usually-distinctive distinctive voice, which this time fails to enchant: straining on "Undone" and holding none of its usual clarity. Only the final few tracks deliver on her early potential: "Fools Like Me" brings delicate violin to shadow a wistful vocal, while "More Than This" manages to capture her trademark sincerity with a layered piano ballad and full crescendo.

—Abby McDonald
10.04.07"
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #337 on: October 04, 2007, 08:16:30 pm »
Quote from: "Jessica"

For all the hype surrounding doe-eyed songstress Vanessa Carlton's move to Murder Inc—partying on Irv's yacht, the tour drug confessions, new friendship with co-writer Stevie Nicks—fans might expect her third release to mark a dramatic reinvention for the piano-tinkling songwriter, or, at the very least, some innovation. Strangely, this latest release feels more like a fumbling debut than the work of a Grammy-winning, platinum-selling artist; instead of the charm of Be Not Nobody or Harmonium's elegantly haunting melodies, the record is unsure and sometimes juvenile.

While opening single "Nolita Fairytale" is a pretty, swooping instruction to "take the glitz back, I want the soul instead," the following tracks falter with weak melodies and bland tales of her first forays into the adult world. A large disappointment is Carlton's usually-distinctive distinctive voice, which this time fails to enchant: straining on "Undone" and holding none of its usual clarity. Only the final few tracks deliver on her early potential: "Fools Like Me" brings delicate violin to shadow a wistful vocal, while "More Than This" manages to capture her trademark sincerity with a layered piano ballad and full crescendo.

—Abby McDonald

10.04.07"

ya thats not too good....to bad the reviewer doesnt know she isnt grammy winning.lol

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
« Reply #338 on: October 05, 2007, 09:23:57 am »
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"
Quote from: "Jessica"

—Abby McDonald

10.04.07"

ya thats not too good....to bad the reviewer doesnt know she isnt grammy winning.lol

haha yeah i noticed that too ;p
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

WildHope

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - terrell.e@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - terrellezell@aim
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 06, 2007, 09:13:50 am »
that reviewer is an idiot!

4 DAYS PEOPLE! EVERYONE BUY 2 COPIES OF THE ALBUM!!!!

HarmySandwhich

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 06, 2007, 02:52:52 pm »
I'll be getting my copy [fingers crossed] on the 9th when/if arrives from Newbury. I'm anxious to get my hands on the linear notes and the autograph. As soon as the Japanese Bonus Disk comes out, i'm getting that too.

Formerly known as Meraphix

Epit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #341 on: October 07, 2007, 12:46:52 am »
Anybody know when H&T is going to be released in Asia, in specific Malaysia or Indonesia?

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 08, 2007, 11:01:18 am »
Quote from: "DrSyaFiQ"
Anybody know when H&T is going to be released in Asia, in specific Malaysia or Indonesia?

The Japanese edition is being released on the 22nd. There's no info on the CD being made available in Malaysia or Indoensia though. Your best bet is to import it from Japan via YesAsia or CdJapan.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 08, 2007, 11:01:31 am »