Author Topic: "Come Undone" -- has it grown on anyone else?  (Read 27108 times)

sabasaba

Re: "Come Undone" -- has it grown on anyone else?
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2009, 09:21:34 pm »
Aww well the whole song grew on me piece by piece. The beginning is so Vanessa, it is like her soul crying, composing the feelings needed to begin the song, and once the piano begins after the 41st second mark she just pours more and more of herself into those keys.

Have to agree that this is her strongest song vocally on the album. Starting with the claps from the audience is where the song really begins for me and it just leads into the 3:48 mark where the piano really takes off. Just so slow and very stripped down beat but it just makes it that much more powerful.

I agree!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2010, 03:46:04 am »
Same here, though not really that quite disturbing intro.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Pushglow

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2010, 10:33:04 am »
Just for the story:

Yesterday, I got 1 hour of free time in my French university near Paris. I decided to go to the cheap piano in the little cafeteria. The 3/4 of the hour, I played Vanessa's songs. All my classmates didn't know any song (except A Thousand Miles...). But when I started the outro of Come Undone, they ALL loved it. They asked me the name of the artist, I replied: "It's Vanessa Carlton" " Huh... Who is this ?" "You know,the A Thousand Miles chick".

The next hour, we went back in class and a friend started looking for Come Undone on YouTube while he was coding his PHP website. In the end of the class lesson, I said to him: "Dude....You looped Come Undone the ENTIRE hour, I could hear it through your headphone" "You're right, I totally heart this song thanks to you. And I was also really productive" he said. I advised San Fransisco but he only liked the intro :D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:44:45 am by Jérémy »

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2010, 10:55:52 am »
That's cool.

I don't know how he sat through that 45 second intro after the third time in a row though, lol.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2010, 11:11:11 pm »
That outro makes up for the intro.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2010, 01:47:55 am »
Yeah, the outro is real nice.

I could listen to an album full of instrumentals from her.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2010, 12:49:00 am »
I agree. I bet she chose to include that track partly because of its outro and some instrumental parts of it.

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2010, 06:35:25 pm »
I love everything about this song! The intro, the organ, the audience, the everything!
Peace
Adriann

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2010, 01:02:13 pm »
i love this song, but i agree the long intro just gets annoying. i took it off on my copy haha. i also dont like how they added the people cheering when she finised singing, its just weird to me. other than that, its a beautiful song!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2010, 07:17:27 am »
I never really considered the intro as part of the song, just a separate entity (because it really doesn't "work" to me)  It never had any influence on whether or not I like the song itself.  Most of the time I'm listening to it in the car (long work commute) so I can barely hear it!
~Sara~

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2010, 06:22:40 pm »
Agree re the intro, I just treat it as a separate melody before the song kicks in properly. Have to say I really love this song, fantastic melody, kind of uplifting I think, and I love the lyrics especially " I would add up what you mean to me but I cannot do the  math"  ;D Vocally also I think Vanessa is very very strong on this track.

I really love the clap bit, leads nicely into the amazing outro, just love it when we get a long instrumental from Vanessa.
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2010, 07:04:37 pm »
Agree re the intro, I just treat it as a separate melody before the song kicks in properly. Have to say I really love this song, fantastic melody, kind of uplifting I think, and I love the lyrics especially " I would add up what you mean to me but I cannot do the  math"  ;D Vocally also I think Vanessa is very very strong on this track.

I really love the clap bit, leads nicely into the amazing outro, just love it when we get a long instrumental from Vanessa.

Very strong vocal, agreed.  There is one time she sings "you" where it's kinda scratchy but it seems intentional and I love it.  I also love that quote; I know it's in regards to a significant other, but that particular line makes me think of my nephew because he means the world to me.
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2010, 08:09:41 pm »

Very strong vocal, agreed.  There is one time she sings "you" where it's kinda scratchy but it seems intentional and I love it.  I also love that quote; I know it's in regards to a significant other, but that particular line makes me think of my nephew because he means the world to me.

About the straining part, V had mentioned before that she loves to leave such flaws in her singing cause it makes it sound more raw and real.

And this song is very special to me. It IS uplifting.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2010, 08:18:28 pm »

About the straining part, V had mentioned before that she loves to leave such flaws in her singing cause it makes it sound more raw and real.

And this song is very special to me. It IS uplifting.

oh I love the "flaw" I think it makes the song!
~Sara~

ryan9315

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2011, 10:01:50 pm »
I've loved it from the start! It's such a great song. The outro is really awesome too.