Poll

britney or backstreet?

britney
25 (73.5%)
backstreet
9 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: October 15, 2007, 11:52:29 pm

Author Topic: britney spears or the backstreet boys (read before voting)  (Read 13438 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
britney spears or the backstreet boys (read before voting)
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 11:32:01 pm »
Quote from: "ManuelD"
I voted Britney, I've never liked her but I find her a bit less annoying than The Backstreet Boys.

wow..someone who is in the media EVERY single day, seeks attention from the paparazzi, etc. isn't annoying? that certainly is annoying to me. how are the backstreet boys annoying? they are barely in the news anymore. im not mad, im just really curious lol

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 08:48:33 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"

Really? half if not all of her songs are computer generated. The Backstreet Boys..all of their songs are actually sung by them. That's being all about the music in my opinion.

I used to think that too but lately I've heard some pretty good electronic stuff. I'm not saying that Britney's music is any good.

honestly I don't care if the artists has talent or not. When I'm listening to britney I'm always thinking about all the production that goes into, who wrote the amazing beats behind her "voice." Being all about the music is being all about the sound, not about how it's produced, imo.

And I will always keep a copy of Milennium at the ready because it's just too classic. But Brit still has my vote.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007, 12:03:36 am »
Wow, you just just admitted Britney doesn't have talent by saying you dont care if artists have talent..lol lol sorry that just cracks me the heck up.

But to each their own  :)

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007, 01:16:53 am »
Wow, you just just admitted Britney doesn't have talent by saying you dont care if artists have talent..lol lol sorry that just cracks me the heck up.

But to each their own  :)

yea that's exactly what i intended to say. I mean brit has talent as a performer, but compared to any "respectable" artist, she's got nothin'. So yes, I still don't care whether or not an artist has true talent. If they're completely manufactured that's fine with me, as long as I'm gaining something from listening to the final product. And when it comest to Britney, I'm gaining a whole lot of dancing and good moods.

ste_uel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2007, 04:55:53 am »
I voted Britney, I've never liked her but I find her a bit less annoying than The Backstreet Boys.

wow..someone who is in the media EVERY single day, seeks attention from the paparazzi, etc. isn't annoying? that certainly is annoying to me. how are the backstreet boys annoying? they are barely in the news anymore. im not mad, im just really curious lol

I voted for Britney too, BB music is kinda gay-ish.

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007, 03:46:08 pm »
Quote from: "ste_uel"

...and Britney Spears isn't??

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2007, 04:46:18 pm »
^LOL that cracked me up

xxlovelyxx

• AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2007, 05:26:18 pm »

wow..someone who is in the media EVERY single day,

And that is everyday! She is crazy though.

ste_uel

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2007, 11:18:37 am »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
Quote from: "ste_uel"

...and Britney Spears isn't??

I like her more than them  :wink:

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2007, 02:04:44 pm »
'lo and behold I actually bought the BS album last night at Virgin. It was sitting right next to BSB on the rack, but brit looked hotter on the cover, so I chose her. lol but seriously it is a fantastic album and you can see how many people worked to make it so great. it is very obvious britney is not trying to take more than her fair share of credit.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2007, 02:31:26 pm »
i read an article where BSB are expected to sell 100,000 cd's in the first week which is a lot better than their last cd. NY seems to love BSB cuz a cashier from a popular music store told someone "wow your like the millionth person who bought their new cd" that makes me happy  :)

they just did a ton of promo their yesterday so thats probably why. Britney doesn't seem to be doing ANYTHING for her promo. Sucks that bsb work so hard, yet Britney sits back & does nothing.

Edit: Well she tried anyways..actually she didn't even try, i take that back. got this from a friend who was listening to Ryan Seacreasts kiis fm morning show:
It was a phone interview. He asked her if she had anything to say to her fans for supporting her. Her friend Alli came on the phone because Britney ran out of the room. When she tried to get her back on the phone, Alli comes back saying she's in the shower. In the middle of an interview, she takes a shower. Hello? Ryan was like 'well I think her fans would like to hear something from her'

The LEAST she could do was thank her fans for still supporting her. she didn't even have any thank you's on the cd. do you know how much BSB have been doing for their fans? i mean, it's incredible they take time to talk to fans before shows/signings for like 15 mins, hug all the fans that ask, i can go on. Britney needs help! i was gonna download it online but now i'm not even gonna do that.

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2007, 09:35:21 am »
i read an article where BSB are expected to sell 100,000 cd's in the first week which is a lot better than their last cd. NY seems to love BSB cuz a cashier from a popular music store told someone "wow your like the millionth person who bought their new cd" that makes me happy  :)

they just did a ton of promo their yesterday so thats probably why. Britney doesn't seem to be doing ANYTHING for her promo. Sucks that bsb work so hard, yet Britney sits back & does nothing.

Edit: Well she tried anyways..actually she didn't even try, i take that back. got this from a friend who was listening to Ryan Seacreasts kiis fm morning show:
It was a phone interview. He asked her if she had anything to say to her fans for supporting her. Her friend Alli came on the phone because Britney ran out of the room. When she tried to get her back on the phone, Alli comes back saying she's in the shower. In the middle of an interview, she takes a shower. Hello? Ryan was like 'well I think her fans would like to hear something from her'

The LEAST she could do was thank her fans for still supporting her. she didn't even have any thank you's on the cd. do you know how much BSB have been doing for their fans? i mean, it's incredible they take time to talk to fans before shows/signings for like 15 mins, hug all the fans that ask, i can go on. Britney needs help! i was gonna download it online but now i'm not even gonna do that.

you should have listened to it yourself though. it was an unplanned socalled interview. ryan called britney and she was sleeping, which is why alli got on the phone. finally alli said she'd go wake britney up, which she did and britney got on the phone. they were talking and britney was telling him what her fav song on the cd was, etc. she even said something like, "the world can be cruel, you just have to know in your heart that you're doing your best." then she got off the phone, BEFORE ryan asked about the fans and alli said she was in the shower. and alli said, she appreciates the fans support through everything, etc etc.

trust me, i am a HUUUUUUUGE britney fan... i was at virgin in la at midnight to buy her cd.. i was the FIRST one in line out of the 200+ fans that were there.

i just think everyone's making a huger deal out of that "interview" than it needs to be. it wasn't even an interview... ryan called her while she was still in bed.

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2007, 09:39:27 am »
p.s. britney sold 124,000 in the first day and is expected to sell 350,000 - 380,000 in it's first week.

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2007, 05:03:57 pm »
Quote from: "SAMMIE CARTER"
you should have listened to it yourself though. it was an unplanned socalled interview. ryan called britney and she was sleeping, which is why alli got on the phone. finally alli said she'd go wake britney up, which she did and britney got on the phone. they were talking and britney was telling him what her fav song on the cd was, etc. she even said something like, "the world can be cruel, you just have to know in your heart that you're doing your best." then she got off the phone, BEFORE ryan asked about the fans and alli said she was in the shower. and alli said, she appreciates the fans support through everything, etc etc.

trust me, i am a HUUUUUUUGE britney fan... i was at virgin in la at midnight to buy her cd.. i was the FIRST one in line out of the 200+ fans that were there.

i just think everyone's making a huger deal out of that "interview" than it needs to be. it wasn't even an interview... ryan called her while she was still in bed.

OK, I listened to the interview and it was all kinds of trainwreck. Did you hear the way she was talking? Blame it on bad phone reception, just being woken up, whatever. She didn't sound coherent at all and the way she talked (her manner of speaking) was just embarrassing. She is a hot, hot mess. Even you, as a fan, should recognize this.
Joe

vcfan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2007, 07:46:46 pm »
Quote from: "Jophess"
OK, I listened to the interview and it was all kinds of trainwreck. Did you hear the way she was talking? Blame it on bad phone reception, just being woken up, whatever. She didn't sound coherent at all and the way she talked (her manner of speaking) was just embarrassing. She is a hot, hot mess. Even you, as a fan, should recognize this.

haha but yea, even i, as a fan, have known she's NEVER been well spoken her whole career. she dropped out of school in 10th grade. so she's no genius, i'll admit that.