Author Topic: 11/23/2007: The Mod Club - Toronto, ON, Canada (Review)  (Read 5247 times)

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
11/23/2007: The Mod Club - Toronto, ON, Canada (Review)
« on: November 24, 2007, 01:28:17 pm »
Tonight was alright. The crowd sucked badly, and it pissed her off. We waited in the 21 degree weather for 2.5 hours for her at her bus, and she was not in a good mood. Tonight had some good new versions of songs - I will explain later anyways the set is this (PS Ziggy is gone until the radio tour)

Nolita
Hands
Heroes
Ordinary
My Best
C'est
The One
Winter
Who's
White
Fools
Home
_____
ATM
More

She has a new guitarist his name is Mark Bowshamin (That is not the right spelling though). The levels were somewhat off, and it took away a lot in different songs. All in all I hate to say this, but this was my least enjoyed concert. Mostly due to the crowd, but also because of how short the concert was. She went on stage 45 minutes late, and only spoke briefly about the songs. I hope tonight is better.
Peace
-S

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 04:41:59 pm »
No Spring Street?  :evil:

calum

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - calumrox@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 05:14:30 pm »
I'm so surprised by your review...I had a GREAT time at the show last night. I thought the audience was great, and Vanessa seemed to enjoy herself. Then again, i've only seen her in concert twice, so I could be completely wrong. Here's are some videos I took at the show collaged into one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k91dP04MAaw

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 05:32:20 pm »
where were you seated- or standing rather i was front and center by all the annoying ass holes.. I just have seen her a lot. She is normally more giggly. I did not like the audience. did you meet her after?
Peace
-S

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 05:38:05 pm »
aww... it doesnt sound "fuller" now, that Sky isnt there anymore... But it still sounds amazing!

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 05:41:02 pm »
poor girl, she sounds like she's just getting sicker and sicker. hope she gets to rest soon. thanks so much for your videos. i loved the story before OD, and who's to say sounds AMAZING with the guitar!
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

mabramovich

• MSN Messenger - leaf_fan1000@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - leaffan1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 07:08:03 pm »
Hey, yesterday was my first Vanessa Carlton show (also just joined the boards so hi).

I don't know what you guys found bad about it....I totally loved it.  She went on stage at 8:45 after the opening goon got off at 7:45, which was really annoying, but I timed her set to be just over an hour.  Has she played longer sets before?  I know Dream Theater play 3 hour sets and Counting Crows play like an hour and half or so but I thought an hour was reasonable for artists like her.

How did you find the crowd bad?  I was surprised no one was singing along (I was!) except for ATM and OD, but to find the crowd bad? They seemed into it and yelled random stuff.  I thought it was funny because I saw some younger girls there with their parents who were pretty into it.

I was like third or fourth row not really wanting to push my way to the front.  It's actually the first time I've seen an artist in a small-ish club like that was GA instead of assigned seats, which made it kind of neat to be so close to the stage.

I can't say I've heard her full band sets or whatever but the songs did sound pretty awesome on guitar (especially Who's To Say).  I thought Vanessa was smiling at lot and all.  All in all I had a pretty awesome time.

PS I was hoping she'd play Annie but oh well.
Michael

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 07:20:32 pm »
haha i've seen your screen name on the CC forums!
*Nicole*

mabramovich

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 07:25:32 pm »
I've only posted a few times heh.
Michael

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 07:29:03 pm »
well i'm just super stalkerish like that. siiiiike... i always look as who's logged in on the bottom of the page. i guess that's where i've seen it.
*Nicole*

calum

• MSN Messenger - calumrox@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 09:08:33 pm »
Quote from: "blueglove"
where were you seated- or standing rather i was front and center by all the annoying ass holes.. I just have seen her a lot. She is normally more giggly. I did not like the audience. did you meet her after?

Noo I didn't meet her after. I had no idea that was even a possibility. I was standing in the middle of the crowd. If you counted in "rows" probably the 10th row of people. It's too bad that it didn't compare to other shows, but I definitely had an amazing time. Her show at the Phoenix in 05 was slightly better though, but either way...I was really impressed last night.

Who were the ass holes at the front? I totally missed that.

mabramovich

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 09:56:52 pm »
There were some girls who were shouting how awesome she at stage right...maybe those?
Michael

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 11:09:33 pm »
Quote from: "mabramovich"
There were some girls who were shouting how awesome she at stage right...maybe those?

They killed the show for everyone near them. When I load my audio you can just hear them and only them. OH MY GOD they were intense. Did anyone plan on meeting her and did not have the chance.

it was cold. A lot of people were not willing to wait - there were 3 girls from buffalo, and 2 guys from London ontario that didn't see her.... i felt really bad
Peace
-S

mabramovich

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 11:33:41 pm »
As nice as it would be to have a nice, clean bootleg, it is their right to enjoy themselves you know.
Michael

Karl

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 03:34:46 pm »
I was at the show as well. I didn't wait for her after (I didn't know at the time that I could meet her), which I'm kinda upset about now. I was standing stage right, right besides those girls. I understand that you have the right to enjoy yourself, but there comes that point where you start annoying other people around or you start being rude and inconsiderate to them and I think they crossed well early on into the show and they never came back.