Author Topic: 11/18/2007: Park West - Chicago, IL (review)  (Read 18878 times)

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
11/18/2007: Park West - Chicago, IL (review)
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2007, 07:52:57 pm »
Quote from: "B"
Quote from: "kaysha"
Quote from: "ste_uel"
the pictures are  8O  8O  8O
lol!  agreed!

thirded. *makes sure he used quote this time, lol*
LOL :)

My girl DeSha's got some skillzzzz

V looks so cute!
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2007, 07:58:38 pm »
Quote from: "B"
Quote from: "ste_uel"
the pictures are  8O  8O  8O
lol!  agreed!

thirded. *makes sure he used quote this time, lol*
LOL :)

My girl DeSha's got some skillzzzz

V looks so cute!

for sure! 8-)

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2007, 08:05:37 pm »
Quote from: "asnigro"
There were 2 highlights of the show that stood out to me.  First was "White Houses", played amazingly.  Played with such feeling and we absolutely loved it.  Secondly, the piano solo at the end of "Home" almost knocked me off my barstool.  I hadnt really realized how intense it was on the cd.  In person you get to see how really amazing it is.

Also, if I were to meet Sky Steele after the show I could ask him one question, it would be, "Do you normally kick that much ass on a Sunday night?!?!"  His playing really made the show special (not saying V needed it because kicked just as much, but damn!!!).
Just want to say i totally agree with you :)  "White Houses" is so much more enjoyable for me now because of the slight changes she does to the vocals when performing live and the ending to "Home" is absolutely AMAZING!  I love her on piano then when Skye comes in with the melody it is so awesome.  I would love for that arangement to have been on the CD!

The amazing thing about Skye is he kicked that much ass EVERY night of the week!  I think I saw a show almost every night when the tour started and he was flippin amazing at everyone of them!

Quote from: "Moogs21"
Concert was.... AMAZING.
I seriously did cry during Who's to Say. Not because it has a personal meaning to me, but it was probably my favorite song off of Harmonium and she did it so well. The way she sang it was so powerful... so emotional. I can't describe it!
I also teared up during More Than This. It is my favorite song off of Heros, and I was seriously so happy she played it... and again, she played it with so much feeling.

Technically, she played Divide & Conquer rather than Ordinary Day... Which I was happy about, because I always felt that was more romantic anyway.
I am so glad you went and really enjoyed it!  I love watching her perform Who's To Say w/ the modified ending and More Than This is my fav off H&T as well so I always enjoy that song, especially when Mark adds some reverb towards the end!  It is incredible!

Ordinary Day w/ D&C always amuses me because most people will be singing along and she'll sing the D&C lyrics and the true fans really stand out because everyone else is like "but but... palm of your hand, wait, what?!" :)

Quote from: "Jdub"
The show was simply amazing!  I was standing in the front row the whole time and didn't realize the crazy number of people that actually filled up the place until I turned around after the show.

Tons of little moments and things that made the show awesome.  During one of the first songs stringy part of Skye's bow (sorry I don't know the right word) got all loose and it looked like he was struggling to keep it together, but he didn't miss a note and saved it completely.  I know nothing about playing violin so I don't know if that happens a lot or is tough to deal w/ but it was impressive to me.

At least from where I was standing, the stage looked freaking sweet.  They had the smoke machine going and there was a huge backdrop w/ all these lights that faded in and out slowly and it just looked awesome
Jason!  So glad you went to the Chicago show and enjoyed it.  Was it better than Vegas?  Does this mean you'll become a travelling fan and fly to some other shows in the future?  Thanks for the great review and it is SO exciting for me to hear you were in the front and the place seemed to fill up!  That is really exciting!

When you travel for shows again, make sure to focus on the west coast ;)

-katia
I <3 Nicole

Alecs

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2007, 08:21:47 pm »
Great reviews everyone! I'm soooooo stoked about the dvd!

Alecs
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2007, 08:30:21 pm »
I wish that I had known so many Nessaholics were there. I would have liked to have met some of you. I feel like I'm so much younger than everyone on here.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2007, 09:12:13 pm »
Quote from: "devil in the dark"
I wish that I had known so many Nessaholics were there. I would have liked to have met some of you. I feel like I'm so much younger than everyone on here.

What where you like wearing and stuff? I kinda knew well figured which were the nessaholics on this forum and stuff but I never went up to them to ask. should have I guess.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2007, 09:25:14 pm »
Next time collaborate on a meet up in the discussion thread. Trust me, those are awesome.  :)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Moogs21

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2007, 10:49:59 pm »
Yeah, it would have been cool. But I haven't been active in YEARS on the boards (I used to be active on her offical board way back when, but that was forever ago), so yeah, I didn't really figure it out.
I asked someone if they were her street team because they were passing out flier type things. I'm not even sure if she has a street team these days, haha. Was that any of you?
I'm sure we saw each other (those of us that showed up early and whatnot), but that's just funny how the internet works, you know?

I didn't get a rude sense from the crowd, but I sat on a couch away from the bunch. I did find it annoying that people were loud. I also hate it when people sing out loud. I mean, mouth the worths if you feel like it, but please... I'm not paying to hear amateurs sing it, I'm here to hear Vanessa! Obviously, the execption is ATM when she wanted us. I don't know, I just feel like it takes away from the performance aspect.

Anyway, I still can't get over the awesomeness of the concert. I'm still in awe.  :D

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2007, 11:05:07 pm »
Quote from: "Moogs21"
I asked someone if they were her street team because they were passing out flier type things. I'm not even sure if she has a street team these days, haha. Was that any of you?
That was probably Alfonso!  GO ALFONSO! :)

V doesn't have an official street team but we're sorta making up for it :)  The label is shipping me some flyers/postcards and i've gotten them to some people in a few regions that are helping to do some promotion!

Glad you noticed... and glad you came back to the boards :)

-katia
I <3 Nicole

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2007, 01:41:04 pm »
yeah that was probabley me. I had a few left about a stack after hanging some all over the area so I had them and I gave some out to the people around me when we were waiting for the doors to open and afterwards when I was in line waiting to get autographs and stuff.

and thanks Katia that was encoraging lol Go Alfonso! I am sure going to do it again next time she comes around these parts. I will make my own flyers if I have to =] it was fun.

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2007, 02:45:19 pm »
i was the girl in the green shirt with the lyrics on them. the blonde one. i was with two other girls who...didn't really want to be there. but it was fun.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2007, 03:23:16 pm »
Quote from: "devil in the dark"
i was the girl in the green shirt with the lyrics on them. the blonde one. i was with two other girls who...didn't really want to be there. but it was fun.

oh I saw you, I think. Where you right up against the stage thing? I saw you =]

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2007, 07:27:20 pm »
yep i was. :)

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2007, 08:37:59 pm »
cool. Yeah Next time we should all like gather and stuff there was a few people on the board that went.

tofertoast

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lorddarth3
    • View Profile
AlFonSo!
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2007, 11:33:04 pm »
Hey dude! I was the one standing in front of you in line to meet her! Kris w/ a k! This show was such an excellent one at that and I have a handful of pictures and movie clips to post up soon... But hey dude we should totally hang out sometime send me your info! :)
-tofer-toast-

"Never thought it'd feel so right
Bringing you to your knees"