Author Topic: Show in Alexandria  (Read 8619 times)

silenceisasong

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
11/21/2007: Birchmere - Alexandria, VA (review)
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 05:04:03 pm »
It was beyond amazing!! The show was incredible, her starting with White Houses was amazing, the whole show was just...all I can say is WOW. 8O  BUT THE BEST OF ALL I GOT TO MEET HER!! Just incase any of you all noticed, I was the first person in line waiting to meet her at her bus. O.MY.GOSH. We she walked up, I almost stared crying, I gave her a huge hug and all I could say was "I love you so much!!" wow I feel like an idiot now... lol  I really dont care though...wow she is so much more amazing in person, shes so gorgeous and so sweet. OOOHHH and she called me sweetie!! lol wow now I really sound like a freak..
The only one I come undone for is you...

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2007, 06:10:38 pm »
Quote from: "ILoveHanson"
i'm so glad i went. thanks to ghisy for being my concert pal.

You're very welcome, I had a fun trip with you! :D

The show was amazing. I cracked up with the Rhodes and its squeaky pedal (ROFL at Mark trying to fix it with some water but it became worse, poor V and Mark, I laughed but felt bad inside for them).
Also LOL at V starting to play OD and forgetting to introduce the cello kid to us!! (I have that on video actually, will post later)
I really enjoyed the show but the venue was kinda stupid: it felt more than a restaurant with a musical guest than a real venue.
I wouldn't wanna eat while VC is playing, that's a total lack of respect to her.
Anyway, I got to meet her again so it's all good. :D
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 11:34:43 am »
I downloaded the audio and i just want to say a massive thank you to "Walking in the rain". I love how you chopped the show up so it's not one big mp3 and the quality is great. Obviously took some time, thanks a lot :)

KeyboardGuy90

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 05:57:57 pm »
Oh yes. Definitely. Walking in the rain, you are AMAZING. So yeah. Haha I haven't stopped listening to it on my iPod.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 07:15:56 pm »
Yeah thank you Walking in the Rain! It's great to relive the wonderful experience. The audio is perfect.
Just wondering, you didn't happen to get anymore pics of people meeting V did you? I was right behind that guy in the pic. I forgot my camera and my boyfriend took a crappy cell phone pic of me meeting her.

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 07:23:19 pm »
i forgot to mention... i got to talk to vanessa after the show. she signed my h&t cd cover. she asked me if the autograph was for me and i said yes, and then she signed "for nicole" without even asking my name. that never gets old. i always worry that she has forgotten it, and i seriously love her for taking the time to learn the names of the people she continually sees. and she gave me an XO too. yay she loves me. anyway, i asked her if she was gonna get to go home for thanksgiving, and she said "no" in a really sad voice. poor girl. i told her i wouldn't see her for a while and she looked concerned... and i was like "unless you add more tour dates!" and she said we will cross paths at some point. yay. hopefully that means she's going to add more tour dates soon.  :D

i miss her already. this was probably my favorite tour so far. i'm so sad it's over. oh, and i think i have developed a serious crush on graham colton.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

walking in the rain

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 07:45:52 pm »
I'm glad you guys are enjoying the audio.  :D  That was my goal in recording it.  I've seen so many posts on here from people who can't or haven't seen V live, so I wanted to give back to you guys.  Besides the fact that I myself have downloaded so much V stuff on here for which I'm eternally grateful to you all.  So thank YOU! :)

As for the quality of the recording...that was mostly dumb luck.  *lol*  The sound in the venue was pretty loud, and every time V sang extra loud or played really hard on the piano, the sound got distorted over the loudspeakers.  I was cringing thinking how the recording would come out, but I'm very, very happy with it.  And thanks also to the audience for being so amazingly quiet and respectful while V was playing!  I've never been to a concert where the crowd was so quiet during the music.  8O

Hey, Ms.Arwen, I do have a couple more pics of V meeting people...just V signing and backs of fans' heads mostly.  I added those to my photobucket album.  Check the 1st 3 pics... http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j65/walking_in_the_rain/VC%20at%20the%20birchmere%2011-21-07/
~ I am walking a thousand miles in the rain ~

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2007, 09:33:55 pm »
I just want to say the intro to White Houses was *amazing*

Thank you "walking in the rain" :)  you seriously rock!  Thanks also for the pictures... I saw one of Ziggy!

I wonder if Ziggy will be going on tour with V and Mark when she has a full band??  that will be so exciting.
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

MyMelody

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2007, 10:34:57 pm »
She was meeting people? What?!!!!

Now I'm depressed. Because I totally would've gotten to meet her. Oh well.

Some stupid family near me was letting their kids color or something using flashlights. Irritating. But the homemade potato chips were delicious.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 10:22:17 am »
8O
Brenda, the quality of your recording is great!!
Thank you so much for posting it so I can relive this evening over and over again! (and cry during "Home"...  :oops:)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Capn Davey

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2007, 06:04:30 am »
This was a great show by Vanessa I liked the part when her old rhodes
keyboard was squeeking (I can't play this F*** g thing its squeeking
I laughed so hard being about 15 feet from the stage was cool.
I'm glad to see all of you that waited around back got to meet her.
for some reason I can't bring myself to go that far.
but the night before a Celtic Woman show in Reading pa we spent
halloween at the hotel bar with most of the girls it was great.

my first post here

Dave