Author Topic: Heroes and Thieves (album)  (Read 16381 times)

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
Heroes and Thieves (album)
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2007, 10:19:30 am »
and home..
Samuel
(he/him)

Aboshan

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2007, 02:38:17 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm from Germany and would like to tell you all that there are some fans in Europe, especially in Germany! Well, not a lot, you know, VC is not "mainstream" in the US anymore, and she's even much less well-known here, but still... I mean the album got released and can be bought here, that's already a good thing, right?

I purchased the album this morning and I've been listening to it all day ! To me it's the best record Vanessa has released so far.

"More than this" is like the best song she ever wrote, everything's perfect and couldn't be better!

Least favorite songs as for now:

- The One (which would currently get 6/10 from me)
- This Time (7/10)

Favorite Songs:

- More Than This (11/10)
- Heroes and Thieves (10/10)
- Home (10/10)

Every other song gets 9/10 except "Spring Street" (8/10) !

I'm simply glad to finally have the album in my CD player. It was out of pure coincidence that I noticed VC had released something new, as I hadn't dealt with her any longer ever since she lost her record deal. Well, besides listening to her songs, which I naturally still did.

Epit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2007, 06:29:19 pm »
More Than This is a difficult song to sing! High Notes!

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2007, 08:43:14 pm »
Quote from: "DrSyaFiQ"
More Than This is a difficult song to sing! High Notes!

I love singing that song. That and My Best. My cousin and I always sing that song because it gets SO stuck in our heads.
Have I told you that I am transforming my cousin into a Nessaholic?
Mwahhahaha!!
That's what she said.

Aboshan

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2007, 05:52:51 am »
I agree, I love the vocals on both "My Best" and "More Than This". Vanessa's voice at its peak! But her singing in "H&T" is great, too.

My Best has really grown on me, I didn't like it a lot when I heard it for the first time, but especially the end is just great.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2007, 07:43:46 am »
Quote from: "Aboshan"
I agree, I love the vocals on both "My Best" and "More Than This". Vanessa's voice at its peak! But her singing in "H&T" is great, too.

My Best has really grown on me, I didn't like it a lot when I heard it for the first time, but especially the end is just great.

I liked My Best all the way through, I'd have to say, but it was REALLY annoying to have it stuck in my head. :D That and Come Undone I have to say are really up there in my favorites.
I've always loved Heroes and Thieves, and I do have to admit that I didn't really like This Time until I could play it on the piano. I'm sort of like that sometimes.
Last but not least, Home is a WONDERFUL piece of work.
That's what she said.

Aboshan

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2007, 09:26:09 am »
Quote from: DeeperThanSurface
Quote from: "Aboshan"

I've always loved Heroes and Thieves, and I do have to admit that I didn't really like This Time until I could play it on the piano. I'm sort of like that sometimes.

Well, that's absolutely comprehensible. I wish I could play the piano. But well, too late for that. Nevermind, I can still enjoy the beautiful melodies Vanessa has created.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2007, 05:53:59 pm »
Quote from: "ste_uel"
Am I the only one who things that the "na na na" in Spring Street is kinda annoying, but the lyrics is amazing!  :lol:

I don't like too much the vocals in The one.

I'm loving "My best"  :!:
Really i love the one, i love stevie and vanessa together, its kind of haunting. i also like more than this, home, nolita fairytale makes me smile.
I like all the songs!

ste_uel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2007, 09:38:04 pm »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
Quote from: "ste_uel"
Am I the only one who things that the "na na na" in Spring Street is kinda annoying, but the lyrics is amazing!  :lol:

I don't like too much the vocals in The one.

I'm loving "My best"  :!:
Really i love the one, i love stevie and vanessa together, its kind of haunting. i also like more than this, home, nolita fairytale makes me smile.
I like all the songs!

EDIT:

the "NA NA NA NA" its always stuck in my head! I Love it!!!! and so does 'The One'