Poll

Do you support gay rights?

YES
43 (87.8%)
NO
6 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: December 19, 2007, 02:24:34 pm

Author Topic: I support Gay rights. Do you?  (Read 18298 times)

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
I support Gay rights. Do you?
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2008, 02:34:41 am »
Quote from: "DeeperThanSurface"
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
Quote from: "heyheyitsaiste"
haaha woopsies, I meant Easter my baddddddddd.

i wasn't trying to be rude, thats why i put "whatever floats your boat" at the end.

thanks.

haha yea I noticed that and got a good laugh out of it

Me too, haha. By the way, I wasn't calling you rude, sorry if it came out like that. I was saying /I/ WOULD be rude if I even thought I could make you believe in something you don't or don't want to. But I don't ever think I can change anyones mind.

I don't think you're being rude... I'm pretty emotionally detached from this whole discussion to be honest.  But you shouldn't necessarily think you can't change anyone's mind... sometimes it's possible! and a good thing!

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2008, 02:09:13 pm »
Quote from: "heyheyitsaiste"
haaha woopsies, I meant Easter my baddddddddd.

i wasn't trying to be rude, thats why i put "whatever floats your boat" at the end.

thanks.

haha yea I noticed that and got a good laugh out of it

Me too, haha. By the way, I wasn't calling you rude, sorry if it came out like that. I was saying /I/ WOULD be rude if I even thought I could make you believe in something you don't or don't want to. But I don't ever think I can change anyones mind.

I don't think you're being rude... I'm pretty emotionally detached from this whole discussion to be honest.  But you shouldn't necessarily think you can't change anyone's mind... sometimes it's possible! and a good thing!

Well, I would definately like to thank you largely for being so nice about it. So, thank you!
That's what she said.

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2008, 09:03:42 pm »
Heh, no problem :)

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2008, 06:36:05 pm »

Well I don't mean to go all religion on you all, but the Bible says it doesn't allow that, but personally I want to follow what the Bible says, but I totally believe in equality, so I'm in a tough place about deciding for that.
I really have no idea why someone of a gender would be attracted to the same gender, if it's just that way when they were born, or if they were insecure or scared about something their gender had to go through with the opposite one, or even if something bad happened to them.

It's just kind of tough for me.

First of all this subject is much too sensitive to be able to allow actual discussion, as opposed to blind ranting, on a message board. I am gay. I am also not religious, so I do not have those connotations. But I definitely can understand why this is a problem for you. But keep in mind, that even if the Bible does say something about homosexuality being wrong (which is debatable, certainly, but I won't go there), it doesn't say anything about discrimination. Hate the sin, not the sinner - am I correct?
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2008, 07:51:03 pm »
Quote from: "Ryou-Neko"

Well I don't mean to go all religion on you all, but the Bible says it doesn't allow that, but personally I want to follow what the Bible says, but I totally believe in equality, so I'm in a tough place about deciding for that.
I really have no idea why someone of a gender would be attracted to the same gender, if it's just that way when they were born, or if they were insecure or scared about something their gender had to go through with the opposite one, or even if something bad happened to them.

It's just kind of tough for me.

First of all this subject is much too sensitive to be able to allow actual discussion, as opposed to blind ranting, on a message board. I am gay. I am also not religious, so I do not have those connotations. But I definitely can understand why this is a problem for you. But keep in mind, that even if the Bible does say something about homosexuality being wrong (which is debatable, certainly, but I won't go there), it doesn't say anything about discrimination. Hate the sin, not the sinner - am I correct?

I am catholic, and this is how i see it, God made love for us to love each other. He didn't make hatred we, brought that upon ourselves. In my eyes love has no gender.
ENS

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2008, 08:25:31 pm »
Quote from: "SadAsBlue"
I am catholic, and this is how i see it, God made love for us to love each other. He didn't make hatred we, brought that upon ourselves. In my eyes love has no gender.

And you make me happy.
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

wyatt_afterglow

« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2008, 01:54:50 pm »
aaaaaaaa i love you all :P
im gay and people look wierd ad me but its ok you get jused to it :O

and tanx people 4 achepting it youre all perfect :D

wyatt_afterglow

« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2008, 02:00:17 pm »
ok one question what i dont get first the book of god says
you need to achept every one no mather what

and than it says gay is wierd whats that 4 a book ?

its dumb i know some people belief in god
i achept that but read the book god im not belief in god but i have read the book
and some things in there are wierd and are like first i say this than that i dont get it why people dont see it

and i love it that people belief in god its ok i dont whant people to thingk i hate god i dont
but some things are just wrong

sorry 4 my bad english im dutch :(

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2008, 04:05:42 am »
I have to say this, and while I don't intend it to be expressly a defense of homosexuality, I do intend to clarify my belief and how it relates to the world around us.

Homosexuality is not an activity or lifestyle I choose to participate in because I personally find it distasteful.  I also find rare beef and Hondas to be distasteful, but I'm not about to condemn someone who eats it or drives one.

God did not intend for us to be homosexual, but I don't believe the penalty of hellfire hangs over those who are any more than anyone else.  While the Bible does point out homosexuality as detestable, it certainly doesn't put it on so high a level as incest, adultery, or bestiality.  But since people who have committed much greater sins have been fully forgiven and promised the Kingdom of Heaven, so too can be homosexuals.  Sure, God doesn't like what they're doing, but it shall be no harder for a homosexual to enter Heaven than a rich man.  Without the Lamb of God, the homosexual is in just as much, but no more, danger of hellfire as a thief.
Dustin

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2008, 03:22:16 pm »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"

Homosexuality is not an activity or lifestyle I choose to participate in because I personally find it distasteful.  I also find rare beef and Hondas to be distasteful

That just deserved to be quoted.  :lol:

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2008, 09:30:23 am »
I like gay men and have had them as freinds partly because I know I can start a conversation with them about art, science, and culture without having to worry if they are going to need to establish or build up their masculine identity through whatever means.  Not that you can't do that with other people, but rather it is pretty much a given I can walk up to them and start talking.  With chicks there is always the mutual sexual tension, and with other straight guys you have to build up the male bonding stuff or whatnot.  It is not totally like that but pretty much.  I've learned to deal with the sexual tension on their end and know how to deal with it for the most part.

Any comments?

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2008, 01:23:06 am »
I usually don't bother with straight guys who have to affirm their masculinity. I don't need to affirm my  masculine identity, you can think what you want to think. I like straight men who can talk with me without worrying about seeming gay or less masculine.

Skye.bby

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - skyebebe@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/skyebebe
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2008, 07:21:04 am »
Quote from: "wyatt_afterglow"
ok one question what i dont get first the book of god says
you need to achept every one no mather what

and than it says gay is wierd whats that 4 a book ?

its dumb i know some people belief in god
i achept that but read the book god im not belief in god but i have read the book
and some things in there are wierd and are like first i say this than that i dont get it why people dont see it

and i love it that people belief in god its ok i dont whant people to thingk i hate god i dont
but some things are just wrong

sorry 4 my bad english im dutch :(

I know bby that confuses me a lot. When i asked my Sunday School teacher she said that when God says to love one another he means as siblings. I dont see anything wrong with gay people obviously since we're friends. But ya thats the explanation :)
-[Skye]-x-[Phoebe]-

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2008, 06:44:42 am »
'Donw Under', where there is such an even ratio of the sexes, rights that
allow same-sex relationships to co-exist, mean more opportunity for the
balance of that demograghpic trying to find a patrner among the 'straight'

Peace

Aaron

Felo

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - agypsytale@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.com.mx
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2008, 06:28:20 pm »
I don't support "Gay Rights," I don't think there should be such thing. By that, I'm not saying I hate homosexuality, what I do hate is that society still separates people just for what they like, how they look, or how they feel.

To me, saying "I'm/you're/he's/she's gay" is labeling people, and not giving them credit for anything else they have to offer, like being gay is everything they are.

Is it really necessary to create laws for every cultural group? What kind of society are we? Limitating ourselves to say You're gay, black, white, asian, hispanic, punk, goth, hippie, among other things. WE'RE ONLY HUMAN. PERIOD. DEAL WITH IT.

There should be a certain amount of respect between everyone. Hating on someone just because they like something different than what you like is simply a demonstration of insecurity and most of all, ignorance.

So... do I support gay rights? Nope.
Do I support human rights and believe in equality? Absolutely.