Author Topic: What "A Thousand Miles" Means To You  (Read 4409 times)

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
What "A Thousand Miles" Means To You
« on: December 22, 2007, 06:41:13 pm »
I thought this would be a good question, because it can mean anything. What it means to me is about my Grandpa Matthews who died when I was little.

Verse 1
Making my way downtown walking fast, faces pass and I'm homebound
Staring blankly ahead just making my way, making my way through the crowd...
I feel I'm just trying to rush everything, or everything is rushing me, and 'homebound' represents the end of life, or (hopefully) going to Heaven. All of us are always 'homebound'. I feel sometimes I'm just on some kind of autopilot mode, therefore 'staring blankly ahead', and the crowd represents time.
Bridge to Chorus
And I need you, and I miss you
And now I wonder...
Sometimes I feel like I would just need my Grandpa to be around, and definately, I miss him!
Chorus
If I could fall into the sky
Do you think time would pass me by
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles if I could just see you
Tonight...
What the chorus means to me is doing anything to see my Grandpa wherever he is. Just an aching of missing him.
Verse 2
It's always times like these when I think of you and I wonder if you ever *thought* of me
'Cause everything's so wrong and I don't belong living in your precious memories...
Everytime my mind wanders (which is a lot), I end up thinking of him, and I start to just wonder if he had ever thought of me as much as I think of him right now. As for the next line, of course everything's so wrong, because the world is a crazy place, and I don't feel like I fit thinking about him and missing the memory of him.
Breakdown
And I, I *want* to let you know
I, I drown in your memory
I, I don't want to let this go
I, I don't...
I really wish I could talk with my Grandpa, and I really wish I could let him know I miss him as much as I do all the time.

I don't think many people would understand how I feel about the whole thing unless they went through something similar, but now that I'm older, and my Grandpa died when I was younger, I really think about him, and I ask about him a lot, and I just want to know everything about what he was like.
I don't think I quite described fully what A Thousand Miles means to me, but I tried my hardest. When something means a lot to you, sometimes there isn't a way to describe it.
That's what she said.

heyheyitsaiste

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 03:22:34 am »
it means i'd do anything to be homeeeeeeee.

and the whole "if I could fall into the sky, do you think time will pass me by"

is like yeah pretty much what it says. cause i dont have a set time for when i get home so its like yeah.

haha. good description, i know.

Bar

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 04:57:54 am »
Umm.
the whole song basiclly for me is about some people that have been in my life , and I would do anything to see again.
fools never ask,afraid what lurks in your mind

Nancy Drew

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nancydrewmania
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 09:46:00 pm »
Quote from: "Bar"
Umm.
the whole song basiclly for me is about some people that have been in my life , and I would do anything to see again.

Pretty much the same for me. :)

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What "A Thousand Miles" Means To You
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 03:53:12 am »
Quote from: "DeeperThanSurface"
I thought this would be a good question, because it can mean anything. What it means to me is about my Grandpa Matthews who died when I was little.

Verse 1
Making my way downtown walking fast, faces pass and I'm homebound
Staring blankly ahead just making my way, making my way through the crowd...
I feel I'm just trying to rush everything, or everything is rushing me, and 'homebound' represents the end of life, or (hopefully) going to Heaven. All of us are always 'homebound'. I feel sometimes I'm just on some kind of autopilot mode, therefore 'staring blankly ahead', and the crowd represents time.
Bridge to Chorus
And I need you, and I miss you
And now I wonder...
Sometimes I feel like I would just need my Grandpa to be around, and definately, I miss him!
Chorus
If I could fall into the sky
Do you think time would pass me by
'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles if I could just see you
Tonight...
What the chorus means to me is doing anything to see my Grandpa wherever he is. Just an aching of missing him.
Verse 2
It's always times like these when I think of you and I wonder if you ever *thought* of me
'Cause everything's so wrong and I don't belong living in your precious memories...
Everytime my mind wanders (which is a lot), I end up thinking of him, and I start to just wonder if he had ever thought of me as much as I think of him right now. As for the next line, of course everything's so wrong, because the world is a crazy place, and I don't feel like I fit thinking about him and missing the memory of him.
Breakdown
And I, I *want* to let you know
I, I drown in your memory
I, I don't want to let this go
I, I don't...
I really wish I could talk with my Grandpa, and I really wish I could let him know I miss him as much as I do all the time.

I don't think many people would understand how I feel about the whole thing unless they went through something similar, but now that I'm older, and my Grandpa died when I was younger, I really think about him, and I ask about him a lot, and I just want to know everything about what he was like.
I don't think I quite described fully what A Thousand Miles means to me, but I tried my hardest. When something means a lot to you, sometimes there isn't a way to describe it.

OMG! Yesss! I agree with your theory....but i miss my cousin not my grandpa...
I first heard that song with her...and then a few months later she passed away...so 1000 Miles is very special to me.....holds tons of memories for when we were in Disney World and Universal Studios....

I miss you Faten!!!  :cry:  :cry:
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

darkcarnival13

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Spaztasticgrl13
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 11:29:33 am »
hmm....it means missing someone you love. So, for me it's just wanting to go that far, to want to see the people you love, that haven't been in your everyday life. That might be sorta confusing, but that's what it means to me.
Want a garden by the ocean tide
but i lose my way, searching for stage lights....

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 06:41:23 pm »
for me its more of a personal meaning to me becasue

it makes me think of my friend who lives far away from me and i like NEVER get to see her anymore, so i just think of how i would walk a thousand miles [i think it acctualy might be a thousand miles, or pretty close to 1,000 teehee] to see her. and because i miss her because we have known eachother since i was in kindergarten.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 05:34:45 am »
It's more emotional for me when I think about it relating to death.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 05:32:21 pm »
I think that might be the same with a lot of people, you'll find. Because death is something that pretty much everyone in the world can relate to, in a sense of having someone close to them dying.
That's what she said.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 10:23:21 pm »
i never thought of it in a death way, but now that i think of it, it does kind of relate to death.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 05:04:55 pm »
Yea, it's like she's saying she would walk a thousand miles if she could, but she can't :(

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 08:36:55 pm »
Yeah, it's amazing how deep one word can go, to mean one certain thing. I think words are amazing.
That's what she said.