Author Topic: My First TATOO Idea!  (Read 4171 times)

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
My First TATOO Idea!
« on: January 30, 2008, 05:00:44 pm »
I spent about a year thinking about it, and today a I drew up a first draft. What do you all think?

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
My First TATOO Idea!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 05:52:12 pm »
its ok, needs a little more work but it has potential. tattoos usually have special meanings or signifigance to the person who has it, what does this mean to you? jw. My friends tell me that someday i could own a tattoo parlor or something lol cause i draw little ketches on almost all of my papers, here are a few samples, these ones are crap though, all of my good ones are on papers in my binders which are currently in my locker...
i used Vanessa's name, but anyone's name will work for this design

Again nessa's name, but it also works for anyone...

In Buddhist Shanti Shanti mean peace, and i really think that the one thing this world needs is peace

and my last one is my Vanessa Carlton "gang sign" lol

musician

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
My First TATOO Idea!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 07:23:56 pm »
Good job!
I finally know what Shanti does mean...I thought it was a name or somethin..lol  :D
The dreamers got punished most by truth

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
My First TATOO Idea!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 07:57:54 pm »
oh and sorry i didnt add this before, but the more you draw your tattoo, and practice the lines and stuff, the better it will look, its jut like with anything, practice makes perfect, and it looks good.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
My First TATOO Idea!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 08:34:33 pm »
Those all are really cool.
I would never in my life get a tattoo, mainly because I am terrified of pain like that, and when you're like, 80, I wouldn't want to regret it, you know? So it would have to be super super special.

I am not against anyone getting tattoos, though. I think the whole concept is pretty cool.
Peter Wentz has a tattoo somewhere(I forget where), and it's 2(a picture of a star)R, which means The second star to the right, which is the directions to neverland. I thought that was cool.
That's what she said.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
My First TATOO Idea!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 08:38:13 pm »
i dont think i'll get a tattoo either and if i do it will be a small one, not one that takes up a whole arm or has some nude woman on it lol, a teacher at my middle school had a naked mermmaid and had to cover it up.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
My First TATOO Idea!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 08:41:13 pm »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
i dont think i'll get a tattoo either and if i do it will be a small one, not one that takes up a whole arm or has some nude woman on it lol, a teacher at my middle school had a naked mermmaid and had to cover it up.

XD That could call for some hilarious incidents if something happened.
That's what she said.

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
My First TATOO Idea!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 12:53:00 am »
I think i might get a few tatoos
but like TINY TINY TINY tatoos :razz:
cause i dont wanna be old and wrinkly and have huge tatoos

im gonna get a black musical note with hot pink decorations around it on the inside of my wrist...
and then maybe something kinda small on my hip bone or thigh...ive always wanted to get a tatoo there :lol:
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
My First TATOO Idea!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 07:14:19 am »
i will take a small one on my inside wrist too, i hate when you see old people with tattoos and their skin is all wrinkly! the worst part is if its on their back or something, they try to show it off by wearing shirts that are too short....yuck1

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
My First TATOO Idea!
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 07:29:06 am »
LOL yeah that is gross!!!!
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
My First TATOO Idea!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 10:48:41 am »
As for my tattoo, I wanted to symbolize the Libra. The Libra "character" is The Scales, just like the Leo "character" is The Lion. The Libra is ruled by the planet Venus, which is the planet of Love and Relationships. Part of a Libra's main mission in his life is to find the "ying" to his "yang" ... hence, the Ying-Yang on the top of the scale. The glyph, or symbol, of Libra represents the setting sun. It also resembles an "equal" sign, though it more accurately reflects an "approximately equal to" symbol. Again, Libra's drive to compare and balance is represented in its glyph. My scale in the tattoo is sitting on top of the libra glyph, and behind the glyph is the setting sun. Libra is an Air Sign, hence the wings in the tattoo. But the wings also represent a lot more, like my desire to transcend above the world, but only when everything is in balance. It represents also how the desire to balance keeps me grounded.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
My First TATOO Idea!
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 04:50:59 pm »
That's cool, it like tells a story!

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
My First TATOO Idea!
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 08:32:28 am »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
As for my tattoo, I wanted to symbolize the Libra. The Libra "character" is The Scales, just like the Leo "character" is The Lion. The Libra is ruled by the planet Venus, which is the planet of Love and Relationships. Part of a Libra's main mission in his life is to find the "ying" to his "yang" ... hence, the Ying-Yang on the top of the scale. The glyph, or symbol, of Libra represents the setting sun. It also resembles an "equal" sign, though it more accurately reflects an "approximately equal to" symbol. Again, Libra's drive to compare and balance is represented in its glyph. My scale in the tattoo is sitting on top of the libra glyph, and behind the glyph is the setting sun. Libra is an Air Sign, hence the wings in the tattoo. But the wings also represent a lot more, like my desire to transcend above the world, but only when everything is in balance. It represents also how the desire to balance keeps me grounded.

Wow!!! You're deep! :D :D :lol: :lol: hehehehe

heyheyitsaiste

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
My First TATOO Idea!
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 08:06:44 am »
i want a vinyl on my wrist just below my palm. or just a plain circle but if i'd get a vinyl it would also represent a circle. havent decided.