Author Topic: Anybody Write Their Own Songs/Lyrics?  (Read 6511 times)

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Anybody Write Their Own Songs/Lyrics?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2003, 08:14:16 am »
me too

Steavis

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Steavis09@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - A+Name+Perhaps
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Steavis09@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2003, 08:16:55 am »
I write my own musical peices, mainly on guitar, but I refuse to sing, and at the same time I refuse to write lyrics........just a personal thing, I prefer not to sing, therefore I don't :)
Washington is a dreadfully awful place......this I've learned

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2003, 08:35:20 am »
I tried for a little bit to write lyrics, but, they were so cheesy i soon figured out that i could NEVER have a career as a lyricist!  I can read music and i can write music, but I don't know how to play piano or guitar, and it doesn't seem to me that there would be a huge demand for a clarinet playing pop singer on TRL.  Or maybe there is, I don't know.  Sometimes I write melodies to Jewel's poetry (if you haven't read her stuff you really should check it out.  Ok, end of shameless plug).  But mostly I just sing along to Vanessa, Dave, John Mayer, Michelle BRanch, and the stuff we do in choir.  Maybe I'll become the first ever clainet playing ballet dancing singing archaeologist.  Would people pay money to see that?  :wink:
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach