Author Topic: Fame & Fortune: Vanessa Carlton  (Read 3522 times)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Fame & Fortune: Vanessa Carlton
« on: April 04, 2008, 07:17:57 pm »

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

initially_yours

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • My official site
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 09:09:57 pm »
Cool!  Thanks for this.  

Glad to see her responses are very thought out and articulated... much better than say, the Kiwibox interview.  She also seems very optimistic in the interview, which is a good sign.
Musician, filmmaker, writer: http://www.theaaronchan.com

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 01:19:41 am »
Thanks for posting. That's a great interview !

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 12:45:41 pm »
I think it's interesting that she says she can see herself behind the scenes, writing music for other artists or scoring films. I can see her doing that, too. Alot of the time I listen to her songs and I think it could definitely be a hit with the right voice behind the song, but maybe her voice deters some people. She has a cute voice, but it still sounds very young and some of her songs are mature, it's kind of a contradiction. So I can see her being more success as a songwriter/composer.... but then I'd miss her own records, but maybe she could still do both :)

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 01:05:21 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
I think it's interesting that she says she can see herself behind the scenes, writing music for other artists or scoring films. I can see her doing that, too. Alot of the time I listen to her songs and I think it could definitely be a hit with the right voice behind the song, but maybe her voice deters some people. She has a cute voice, but it still sounds very young and some of her songs are mature, it's kind of a contradiction. So I can see her being more success as a songwriter/composer.... but then I'd miss her own records, but maybe she could still do both :)

not many people like her style....most of my friends tell me her voice is too whiny and kinda annoying ;P

i like it cuz i think it shows emotion....

but i think ure right....if she wrote songs and tunes for other artists (while keeping her careeerrrr ofcourseee!!! :D )

itd be nice
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 01:21:48 pm »
love, love, LOVE this interview.
I think it really shows like..how much she's grown.
seriously if you listen to her ecords like..one after another. which i do sometimes...it's startling.

it goes from like this 15 year old girls perspective..to this 20 year old girls like...dying perspective...to this woman. Who knows and has grown a lot.
It's pretty intense.
Peace
Adriann

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 01:30:10 am »
this interview is amazing. she was so honest and thoughtful.. i thought it was really cool how open she was..
Samuel
(he/him)

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 05:40:57 am »
Thank you for sharing :D One of the best interviews Vanessa has given on
her current release. Great to see she is obviously going to persue a writing
/scoring role in the future. NESSAholics are sure to follow this with interest!

Peace

Aaron

shinesobright07

• MSN Messenger - kami_lynn713@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 07:43:16 am »
This was a great interview. I noticed she always likes to mentions that when she released her previous albums, she didn't really have her feet under her at that time, and now she does because she's grown and matured more. Did anyone else notice that at the end of the intro paragraph it says: " all the more satisfying when a talent like Vanessa Carlton comes back to give us more of HER BEST" Just thought it was interesting that she has a song called My Best and....yeah LOL Maybe Im just a crazy person!  :razz: But I also love how she mentions the strong friendship with Stevie Nicks..I think SN has been a big influence on VC. Lovely interview thanks for posting!!

Kate

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 10:08:07 am »
thanks for the link! Really interesting: her transformation, her experience with Stevie, Linda perry, Stephen Jenkins and Irv Gotti...
 :)
"This night under stars, well, I call it peace"
"I walk the street with a song in my head"