Author Topic: New Vanessa interview.  (Read 7684 times)

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
New Vanessa interview.
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 01:40:27 pm »
Quote from: "mikepepsi"
I Mean she seems to revel in being clever. She always has to discuss complicated matters, deep things about the persona and train of thought. I guess thats ideally what an interview is looking for, but at the end of the day all the press really want is a slick, friendly, brief summary of the CD.

I just think VC, especially recently, tries hard to come across as intelligent.
I can tell she is from her music, I dont need her to re-iterate it to me in interviews. Shes a talented musician and I think recently she seems very occupied with herself rather than the laid back, smiling girl from Harmonium.

so, what you're saying is, you don't want vanessa to be herself, and have opinions. what you're saying is, she should just shut up, play music, talk about music, and go away.

she's a damn person, with opinions and feelings that don't relate to the record. she can say whatever the fuck she wants to.
Samuel
(he/him)

Nanc77

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lopez1377
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lopez1377
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 06:32:20 pm »
i really think what he was trying to get at was the fact that vanessa can be a bit verbose and sometimes her responses to questions are almost exhausting to listen to.  She often goes off on tangents and answers question in a very circular way.  I really don't think he meant that she should not be who she is, but rather lighten up her answers since many people these days just aren't that intelligent lol.

we all love vanessa and her deep thoughts :)
"omg! someone ate my entire pie!"

mikepepsi

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
New Vanessa interview.
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 07:22:06 am »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
I Mean she seems to revel in being clever. She always has to discuss complicated matters, deep things about the persona and train of thought. I guess thats ideally what an interview is looking for, but at the end of the day all the press really want is a slick, friendly, brief summary of the CD.

I can tell she is from her music, I dont need her to re-iterate it to me in interviews. Shes a talented musician and I think recently she seems very occupied with herself rather than the laid back, smiling girl from Harmonium.

so, what you're saying is, you don't want vanessa to be herself, and have opinions. what you're saying is, she should just shut up, play music, talk about music, and go away.

she's a damn person, with opinions and feelings that don't relate to the record. she can say whatever the fuck she wants to.

Heh. Firecracker.

No. What im saying is i dont appreciate it when people put emphasis on their intellect by speaking like that. I find it pretentious and un-necessary.
She makes communication difficult by insisting on doing it. Which is why interviews with her always seem so awkward.

Dont get me wrong, i still love her. I think shes a very clever woman, i just find it annoying. Tori Amos does the same and it doesn't make her any easier to talk to. I find it annoying from Amos too.

Reese Witherspoon is an exceptionally clever woman and actress and she doesn't put up this barrier, she works the media as they should be worked - as a promotional tool. She charms them and works to their level because otherwise it'd be awkward and her career would suffer.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
New Vanessa interview.
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 10:56:45 am »
Maybe next interview she will be less that way.  I understand on the importance of being charming and working with people on their level, but I also believe in being yourself.  Many people wouldn't need therapy if they didn't switch to accomodate everyone by changing their personality everytime they meet someone.  Because some people really do accomodate other people way too much and you can see how unhappy they are.  It's like a socialogical disease from polite society.

But I know my opinion doesn't count for much.  Oh well.

mikepepsi

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
New Vanessa interview.
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 10:33:33 am »
im not saying be false
im saying see the press as what they are, a tool to be manipulated to raise profile.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
New Vanessa interview.
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 12:02:26 pm »
and maybe she really just doesn't care. i'm sure she makes a good living being a little low profile, making amazing music, and not having to do major promotion. irv already loves her. stevie says she's the leader of the singer-songwriters.. what's she got to work hard on promo for? she's always hated the tv cameras. who knows.. maybe she just wants to make some music, play her music, maybe meet some fans.. maybe that's just her goal. who knows...
Samuel
(he/him)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
New Vanessa interview.
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 12:16:29 pm »
im not saying be false
im saying see the press as what they are, a tool to be manipulated to raise profile.

Point taken.

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
New Vanessa interview.
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 12:56:43 pm »
Woo! The National! One of my favorite bands! The lead singer went to my high school.
Joe

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
New Vanessa interview.
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 03:21:34 pm »
I feel that vanessa does act like herself, i think she gets nervous in interviews, and tries to explain things, but cant find the right words, so she tries using bigger words. i get that way too, i look back on it and say "i i could have said... and it wouldve made more sense" but thats life. V is herself and no one should try to change you [she's strong, she wont let you change her]

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
New Vanessa interview.
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 02:23:55 am »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"

Heh. Firecracker.

No. What im saying is i dont appreciate it when people put emphasis on their intellect by speaking like that. I find it pretentious and un-necessary.
She makes communication difficult by insisting on doing it. Which is why interviews with her always seem so awkward.

Dont get me wrong, i still love her. I think shes a very clever woman, i just find it annoying. Tori Amos does the same and it doesn't make her any easier to talk to. I find it annoying from Amos too.

Reese Witherspoon is an exceptionally clever woman and actress and she doesn't put up this barrier, she works the media as they should be worked - as a promotional tool. She charms them and works to their level because otherwise it'd be awkward and her career would suffer.

I've noticed that too- I just couldn't quite put my finger on what it was that seemed awkward.

It's helpful for me that you pointed it out because I am a singer/songwriter/musician and now if I ever give interviews I will keep it in mind!
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON