Author Topic: have u ever had the PERFECT chance to tell your idol/hero..  (Read 5569 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
have u ever had the PERFECT chance to tell your idol/hero..
« on: April 20, 2008, 09:57:28 pm »
how you felt, but COMPLETELY FORGOT?? i've totally been kicking myself ever since. most of you know i got to meet Paula Abdul last month, who is my hero (she literally saved my life). & don't get me wrong..the experience was pretty damn amazing. way more amazing than i could have ever imagined (i left out one major thing cuz i promised i wouldn't say anything about it). but i had THE PERFECT opportunity to tell her how she saved my life & has been a huge inspiration to me. & in my mind i was just thinking "OMG she just hugged me again, omg" lol i'm an idiot. i waited 3 years to be able to talk to her, but nope..couldn't get any words out besides asking her for another hug & telling her thank you afterwards haha. she told me not to cry when i almost did so maybe she knew what meeting her meant to me. i hope so anyways.

please tell me i'm not the only one that's happened to lol.

i'm most likely gonna see her at jimmy kimmel next month if she goes on, so hopefully i'll be able to get the words out next time.

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
Re: have u ever had the PERFECT chance to tell your idol/her
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 05:31:12 am »
Quote from: "Laura"
please tell me i'm not the only one that's happened to.

I must have met Delta 3 times now, but as much as I'd like everything to
run to a script, something happens and I end up doing all of the listening -
I don't know how to explain it; 'starstruck' maybe... but Delta certainly has
an aura about her which I  find overwhelming!! When I get the chance with
V I know I'm probably going to have something already written in case the
secuirty doesn't allow for time for any informal discussion... quick in/out :P

Peace

Aaron

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 04:18:15 pm »
Quote from: "NESSAussie"
please tell me i'm not the only one that's happened to.

I must have met Delta 3 times now, but as much as I'd like everything to
run to a script, something happens and I end up doing all of the listening -
I don't know how to explain it; 'starstruck' maybe... but Delta certainly has an aura about her which I  find overwhelming!! When I get the chance with V I know I'm probably going to have something already written in case the secuirty doesn't allow for time for any informal discussion... quick in/out :P

Peace

Aaron

yeah, Paula does too. i can't really explain it either, there's just something about her.

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 04:00:54 am »
yeah, Paula does too. i can't really explain it either, there's just something about her.

Indeed. Not that it should ever be intimidating, but when you give kudos to
an individual at a level like we have, there seems to be a 'mutal interaction'
of biofields, where a connection is made that leaves us plain flabbergasted!

Peace

Aaron

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 07:22:04 am »
The times I've met Vanessa I always seem to blank out and fumble my words - sounding like a complete idiot.  I've never fully been able to get out the words that I've wished to say.  I always wished that I could tell her how her music got me through the lowest points in my life and has inspired me to explore my passions with music as well.  Someday.

It sucks though, you'll get another chance!  

PS - I love that you were listening to Vienna Teng.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 05:27:39 pm »
yeah hopefully i will, thanks :) glad i'm not the only one lol.

& actually one of the girls i met Paula with got me into Vienna again haha. her music is amazing.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 09:39:25 am »
To see how much you like Paula Abdul and hear how much you admire her as well, I can't help but thinking you are an extremely lucky person to meet your absolute favorite person that much.
I've never met any REALLY famous people.
That's what she said.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 06:20:45 pm »
Quote from: "DeeperThanSurface"
To see how much you like Paula Abdul and hear how much you admire her as well, I can't help but thinking you are an extremely lucky person to meet your absolute favorite person that much.
I've never met any REALLY famous people.

yeah, i should probably just be thankful that i've met her & had the amazing experience i did. & trust me, i am totally thankful for everything that happened when i met her. but there's that little part of me that still wishes i could have gotten to say what she did for me lol. oh well, hopefully i'll get a chance next month :)

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 06:33:45 pm »
When I met Vanessa I was so nervous I couldn't muster up more the "The concert was wonderful, can we take a picture ect. I would have loved to tell her how much her music means to me and she's inspired me to continue to pursue my own musical journey. Maybe next time.  :D
ENS

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 07:22:47 pm »
yeah when she came over last november to chicago me and my best friend were like "oh man what are we going to say?!?!?" and I just ended up saying "great show, love your music, can't believe I am finally meeting you and Who's to say got me through some hard times" and shes like "oh well good!"

my friend was like "man I like did not say anything" I think its just so surreal that you are meeting them you just kinda go blank.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 08:34:26 pm »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
yeah when she came over last november to chicago me and my best friend were like "oh man what are we going to say?!?!?" and I just ended up saying "great show, love your music, can't believe I am finally meeting you and Who's to say got me through some hard times" and shes like "oh well good!"

my friend was like "man I like did not say anything" I think its just so surreal that you are meeting them you just kinda go blank.

"oh well good!" haha. i'm surprised she didn't just say thank you like most artists would have done. but you still got more than i got out when i met Paula lmao.

yeah it's totally surreal meeting them, maybe that is why most of us just go blank. speaking of surreal, that same day i got interviewed by a former idol contestant who made the top 9 or something a few seasons ago. & a really popular contestant who i'm a fan of was standing like right next to her during the interview. not only was it surreal being interviewed for a tv show, but being interviewed by & next to the contestants i watched for weeks on the show & am a fan of was insane. i was like "omfg am i dreaming?? someone pinch me" lol. the whole day was just unbelievable.

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 03:43:50 am »
Now we're talking Laura!! That's the knid of 'hadn't planned for that' type of
experience that seems to come with the territory. Expect the unexpected :razz:

Peace

Aaron

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 01:54:17 pm »
Quote from: "NESSAussie"
Now we're talking Laura!! That's the knid of 'hadn't planned for that' type of
experience that seems to come with the territory. Expect the unexpected :razz:

seriously. AND, me & my friends were one of the last ones in because we were trying to convince the people that work the line to put us in the mosh pit by the judges table (hey it worked lol) so we also ended up getting to meet a contestant from this season & got a hug from him since there wasn't as many people then. maybe all the stuff that happened before the show is why i blanked when i met Paula. i probably forgot everything i wanted to tell her cuz of all the stuff that happened before i did haha.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 05:48:55 pm »
I've met a bunch of famous people, either actors or musicians, sometimes planned out, some random.  All I can say is that most of what I planned to mention went out the window.  I do get starstruck!  What I've found is that most known people do not get weirded out and are used to people acting hyper around them.

I think what happens is, when you finally see or meet the person whose work means so much to you, there is a rush of adrenaline and emotions that cloud your thoughts.....and then it's done.  No big deal.

Dan/NS

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 11:56:13 pm »
I cried the first time I met Marilyn Manson!  I always get an anxiety attack with hardcore shakes.  I always think that my heart is gonna pop out of my chest because its beating so hard.  That is how my body reacts amongst other things, but I'll leave it at that!  haha