Author Topic: Beautiful French text translated into English  (Read 9575 times)

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Beautiful French text translated into English
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 06:26:30 am »
Quote from: "Potdconfitur'"
tu voyages beaucoup dis donc! c'est comment les Etats-Unis?
(toi et ton amie vous parlez très bien français/you and your friend are speaking really good French)

I know a few words in Arabic: "salamalikoum", which means "hello" doesn't it?
And "bakschich", which in French would mean something like "pourboire" (I heard that in Egypt)

hahaha That is cool! (yes, ur arabic is correct!)

Je voyage beaucoup avec ma famille....depuis que j'avais 1 ans! :razz: :)
We moved here when i was around 8 years old and we've been here ever since...so i've done alot of traveling back and forth in my life :lol:
When we do travel to the USA, we only go for summers and we go to see our family there.
It is alot of fun! :D hehehe

My friend and I go to the same school since we were little, but she is way better than me in French parceque tous les parents parlent la langue Francaise avec leurs enfants avant l'ecole....et moi j'etais enseigner par une maitraisse dans ma village quand on a retourne au Liban....parceque mes parents ne pratique pas la langue tres bien....

did that just make sense? I had no help from my friend this time :lol: :D

Okay, i wanted to ask u since u seem to be into celtics :razz:

There's this old TV show called Charmed. It's about witches and stuff....very interesting but purely fiction and not real :lol:

The "charmed ones" mark is a TRIQUETRA which is a type of Celtic knot....

If u have any clue wat i'm talking about....do u think that it is in anyway against God?h
Because I love that show and i wanted to get a necklace with that symbol, but I didn't want anything against my Christianity. :D
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 04:31:12 pm »
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"
If u have any clue wat i'm talking about....do u think that it is in anyway against God?
Because I love that show and i wanted to get a necklace with that symbol, but I didn't want anything against my Christianity. :D

This quote from the Wiki entry on the Triquetra should clear up any issue...

Quote from: "Wikipedia"
While it is uncertain what the symbol may have meant to the Celts, it is often found as a design element in larger drawings of
triskeles or triple spirals.

The symbol was later used by Christians as a symbol of the Trinity.

A common representation of the symbol is with a circle that goes through the three interconnected loops in the Triquetra. The
circle emphasizes that through the combination of the three elements, a 'whole' is created, and the latter is influenced by each
of the elements. It stresses unity, which is one of the most fundamental ideas of Christianity.

Peace

Aaron

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 10:47:34 pm »
Quote from: "NESSAussie"
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"
If u have any clue wat i'm talking about....do u think that it is in anyway against God?

This quote from the Wiki entry on the Triquetra should clear up any issue...

Quote from: "Wikipedia"
While it is uncertain what the symbol may have meant to the Celts, it is often found as a design element in larger drawings of
triskeles or triple spirals.

The symbol was later used by Christians as a symbol of the Trinity.

A common representation of the symbol is with a circle that goes through the three interconnected loops in the Triquetra. The
circle emphasizes that through the combination of the three elements, a 'whole' is created, and the latter is influenced by each
of the elements. It stresses unity, which is one of the most fundamental ideas of Christianity.

Peace

Aaron

Thanks! :D
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 02:54:06 am »
What's the
title of the French film this is from the soundtrack of? I'm quite intrigued :?

Je vais bien, ne t’en fais pas (I’ll be fine, don’t worry). I did some research
on my; and found out quite a bit about how this track ended up in the
soundtrack. Direcot Philippe Lioret  even renamed the key character Lili!

Peace

AaRON

Potdconfitur'

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - Tiphaine_Huet@msn.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 10:15:38 am »
I didn't know Coldplay and Aaron were the same band. I love Coldplay too, especially the song "the scientist".

Yes you're right about the French movie "je vais bien, ne t'en fais pas"! (sorry I couldn't find the time to answer)
I've seen the movie it's really good and the track really fits in. It's funny because the main character in a 20-years-old girl and she's very alike me in many ways.

It tells the story of a young girl whose twin brother has disappeared. Her parents tell her that he left home after a fight. The girl wants to find her brother and as she has no news from him she stops eating (anorexia) and she's sent to the hospital. But she starts eating again when her father gives her a postcard of her brother, and she's out of the hospital. After she gives up her studies to work at a cash desk (caissière, I'm not sure about the word) in a supermarket. And she has a love story with a guy (sorry my English sucks  :lol: ). At the end of the movie the girl discover that in fact her brother is dead and that it was her father who wrote the postcards. But she's thankful to her father because she says she would have died if he hadn't done that.

It's funny because in the movie you always see the girl walking down the street listening to her walkman and you hear the sing "U-turn" by Aaron, and I'm always listening to my walkman (I'm not sure about the structure here), and it's exactly the type of music I like.
I found some kind of fairytale
A Nolita fairytale...

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Caissière in English is Cashier ;-)
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 04:01:17 pm »
Whoa! Coldplay move over AaRON is here lol!
I didn't mean to confuse you Tiphanie; I was just comparing their sound :oops:

If you find a picture of the Irish landscape at that link you would like made
into a "sig", let me know and I'll make one with Corel Photo Paint & Adobe
PSE. Let me know if you want French & English on it (i.e. a quote from the
piece you've posted here), and for that matter anything else like the font/s
you want me to use and the colours you want, like the unicorn emblem lol!
& the offer to make you a sig from one of the pics at that link still stands :wink:

Paix

Aaron