Author Topic: Will you still be a fan after H&T?  (Read 31536 times)

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Will you still be a fan after H&T?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 03:59:49 pm »
For me i think i will be a lifelong fan because her music has influenced my life by showing me that if you want to achieve something special, you need to be dedicated and work hard, not give up and to not let others opinions and views change who you really are.

I honestly think Heroes & Thieves was a wonderful album. Although low key with promo, i think it is a beautiful album that has taught me a lot about myself, and vanessa. i cant say that i have been in love, and experienced life yet, but this album broke my heart, mended it and broke it again, the songs really make me think about what life really is, and even if you make mistakes you still have to get out of bed and live. I may sound totally cheesey, but those are my emmotional feelings.

Kate

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 03:53:45 am »
I think I will remain a fan cause I like her music, love the piano and the melodies she writes.
Heroes and thieves is different, I feel the evolution of her work through this record and even though it's not like the previous ones I like the songs !
I think she'll always be an artist, an excelent piano player and a good singer.
I can't say if I always love her music, people can change their mind or liking, but for now, I'm not disappointed by her music!  :D
"This night under stars, well, I call it peace"
"I walk the street with a song in my head"

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 10:49:50 am »
I love Heroes & Thieves; in fact, it's the only Vanessa Carlton album I've been keeping in my regular rotation.  It's her best work, I believe.  I'll be around for the next album.
Dustin

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 07:50:20 pm »
I don't see why not, she is one of the very few people who make music that actually makes me feel good; and Heroes & Thieves is as good as BNN or Harmonium, so I don't even ask myself if I will still support her after this, why wouldn't I?

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 07:53:42 pm »
Her next album better have a better balance in terms of mood and feel, it feels lopsided. H&T is overly bright for my tastes, I mean, whistling during Fools Like Me? lol Ok.

Harmonium will be very hard to top imo.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 10:06:14 am »
I love Heroes and Thieves and with the faith that she will go on making Songs like More than this, Heroes and Thieves, Home or All is well (maybe she will record good songs like this one day) i will stay a fan. But what means a fan. I don't have the chance to go to concerts or to support her really (cos she isn't doing anything in germany). i just love her music and it gives me a lot of strength. So if she's going on making songs i adore and love i surely stay as a nessaholic forever.
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 02:27:07 pm »
I think it's kind of funny that Vanessa would be rude to anyone meeting her. She really doesn't have a TON of fans. I doubt she is extremely bombarded ever... well, aside from maybe early BNN days. I've never met her but I'd probably be sort of mad if I did meet her and she was rude. If not for the fans, she wouldn't be in a position to make music. And she doesn't even have that many. I agree that being at least polite and curteous is part of the job description. Especially since they make so much more money than the average person even if they are only moderately successful.

But I wouldn't judge her on that until I met her. If she's having a bad day, it's one thing to be short. It's another to be outright sarcastic or mean! I hope she's neither of those, lol

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 03:08:49 pm »
Trust me, she isn't rude at all, she is so sweet and nice. she's a genuine person. I talked to her, she LOVED my duct tape flowers, said she liked my sneakers

let me pet lord victor, and stood in the parking lot and let me just talk to her for quite a few minutes. if she was mean, she wouldn;y have acknowledged me and just kept walking.

lover-guy

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - xtremefffan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/7590876
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 03:17:39 pm »
as long as i know that nessa is out there writing music i'll be happy

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 04:44:15 pm »
let me pet lord victor, and stood in the parking lot and let me just talk to her for quite a few minutes. if she was mean, she wouldn;y have acknowledged me and just kept walking.

well that's good to know she was sweet to you.

but everytime she's brought up on a couple other boards i go to people have said she was rude when they saw or met her so yeah i dunno, just what i've heard. that's partly why i've been turned off from being a fan.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 08:06:51 pm »
Maybe those people are jealous of her. She really is a sweet person, she was nice to the annoying radio people who were educating her about her own home town. it was really lame.

she is really nice.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 09:45:34 pm »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
Maybe those people are jealous of her. She really is a sweet person, she was nice to the annoying radio people who were educating her about her own home town. it was really lame.

she is really nice.

lol. i'm jealous of how talented some artists are, but that doesn't mean i'm gonna say they are bitches or anything if they weren't. that doesn't make sense haha.

BUT i am glad V was nice to you & the annoying radio people. that's good to hear.

like i said, only posting what i've read. ya'll know i used to be a huge fan so i wouldn't make something like this up.

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 02:34:30 pm »
i think H&T is some of her best work. and yes, i'll stick by her til the end. she's changed my life. i want to see her play live until she physically cannot play live anymore, even if no one shows up but me. she needs to find people who truly believe in her to work for her. i thought that was the case with irv, but what is going on?? i don't want to see this one flop like harmonium because of lack of promotion, and i'm scared that it will, or maybe already has. i just hope vanessa doesn't give up on herself because of all of this. she is a rarity and i wish more people would see that. she's the best.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 02:46:05 pm »
Quote from: "ILoveHanson"
i think H&T is some of her best work. and yes, i'll stick by her til the end. she's changed my life. i want to see her play live until she physically cannot play live anymore, even if no one shows up but me. she needs to find people who truly believe in her to work for her. i thought that was the case with irv, but what is going on?? i don't want to see this one flop like harmonium because of lack of promotion, and i'm scared that it will, or maybe already has. i just hope vanessa doesn't give up on herself because of all of this. she is a rarity and i wish more people would see that. she's the best.

i'd say it already has. i did think that with "hands on me" they could pull it out of the water because it's a very radio friendly/universal song, but irv isn't doing fuck all for Vanessa at the minute (which is a shame, because made me believe he was really into her music and would be promoting her like hell) so it's bombing. has anybody actually seen it on TV yet?

i do hope she continues to make more music though. i always worry, because when 'harmonium' bombed she was seriously thinking about giving it all up and just writing for musicals, wasn't she? i hope she doesn't give up because of the lack of commercial success for 'heroes & thieves'. she should realise it isn't her that's the problem. she gets great reviews and 9 times out of 10, the people who come across her work end up liking her. the main problem is promotion (or lack thereof).

irv needs to sort his team out and get up off his arse and do something for vanessa. jeez.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2008, 08:16:01 am »
Quote from: "Hazy Eyes"
Quote from: "ILoveHanson"

i'd say it already has. i did think that with "hands on me" they could pull it out of the water because it's a very radio friendly/universal song, but irv isn't doing fuck all for Vanessa at the minute (which is a shame, because made me believe he was really into her music and would be promoting her like hell) so it's bombing. has anybody actually seen it on TV yet?

i do hope she continues to make more music though. i always worry, because when 'harmonium' bombed she was seriously thinking about giving it all up and just writing for musicals, wasn't she? i hope she doesn't give up because of the lack of commercial success for 'heroes & thieves'. she should realise it isn't her that's the problem. she gets great reviews and 9 times out of 10, the people who come across her work end up liking her. the main problem is promotion (or lack thereof).

irv needs to sort his team out and get up off his arse and do something for vanessa. jeez.

Yeah, I feel bad for V in that even if she doesn't care if she is famous or that her album goes platinum, I think she'd enjoy at least another moderate success. Given how excited she was for Irv to really like her music, I would imagine she may be a little bummed right now since it's turning into another Harmonium. I think she could come back, at least a little bit, given the right song, but I'm not sure anything on Harmonium or H&T had it. Maybe Who's To Say, but that could just be my own opinion because it's still on my top 5 favorite song list to this day.