Author Topic: First Job  (Read 10529 times)

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
First Job
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 06:20:48 pm »
Maybe they will look at that as something positive, you remained calm and didn't get bitchy with them [i hope] when they made you wait like that.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
First Job
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 06:46:08 pm »
Quote from: "SadAsBlue"
Sounds like you're more punctual than the company.

Exactly what I told my parents.

Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
Maybe they will look at that as something positive, you remained calm and didn't get bitchy with them [i hope] when they made you wait like that.

No I did not get bitchy with them. I just sat there. It was soo boring. Plus all the other employees were just staring if they had nothing to do. But it was just me sitting there annoyed.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
First Job
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 03:45:16 am »
Wow. That's an interesting interview experience. Sorry you had to experience something like that. I can definitely tell you that isn't common practice.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
First Job
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 11:49:57 am »
I would not go back for that interview.

I had an interview similar to that, WHILE I was talking my interviewer just walked out and started saying things like, "Bill! We still on for lunch today?" I was just thinking to myself, "Oh hell no." A few days later she offered me the job and I politely declined. I do not want to work for someone who is going to treat me like that during an interview, respect is a two way street an she was obviously not respectful or polite to me.

Find something else, you don't need to put up with that. Ever.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
First Job
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 01:00:39 pm »
Good for you Manda. Recently I have been watching "my super sweet 16" on MYV and these people treat their friends like shit and make them do terrible things to get invited to their parties, if I was one of the friends i would be like hell to the no, i am not diving into the water to get an invitation to your party, I'd like to keep my dignity. Its messed up how disrespectful people are to each other, I hate it when people are bitchy to waitors/waitresses in restaurants, or w/e, major turn off.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
First Job
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 01:43:49 pm »
yeah I don't think I will accept the job if I get it offered because the guy who interviewed me said they would be calling right away to re-schedule and no call. So i'm just going to turn it down anyways.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
First Job
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 01:54:12 pm »
I never got a call back from the candy store  :(  and now i'm waiting on that hotdog place. SOMEONE HIRE ME!