Author Topic: 7/9/08 - "Notes From The Road" Taping, Des Moines,  (Read 21674 times)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
7/9/08 - "Notes From The Road" Taping, Des Moines,
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 08:03:48 am »
oh oh jeeze she needs to get a new team of promo people! can you just like change people? is that even possible?

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 08:07:33 am »
http://iwantovationtv.com/?zip=your+zip&zip-search-go.x=11&zip-search-go.y=4

go there type up your zip code and your provider to find out if you have  it =] hopefully they air this soon

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 11:07:10 am »
id love to be a promo person!

i don't have direct tv so can someone like make a recording of it??

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 01:30:56 pm »
I dont have it either. Someone needs to record it.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 02:06:15 pm »
I would but I don't know how to record stuff from the TV and put it on the computer = [

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 03:01:17 pm »
Quote from: "Shelly"
Hey, it's not the middle of nowhere! I was so happy that we finally got  Vanessa to come to the Midwest because she so rarely comes to this part of the country. You coast people get her all the time! :)

You said you drove 2 hours each way so it sounds like the middle of no where to me. Sorry I just hold a grudge against the entire state anyway and I didn't think we had any NESSAholics in Des Moines.

Thanks for sharing your review and the heads up. I have Directv so I will definitely look for it.

Okay, so we were supposed to arrive by 1:45pm for a 2:30pm concert but they didn't even let us in until around 3pm. Then we waited until about 3:25pm before Vanessa came out. Apparently, her flight in Denver got cancelled and she was stuck there for like 5 hours. She was supposed to arrive last night but didn't get to Des Moines until today.

I wonder if this is why?

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Some wayward ticks delayed a United Airlines flight from Denver to Des Moines.

Flight 1178 was delayed for nearly six hours on Tuesday after a passenger informed a flight attendant that she found a tick in economy class during a flight from Washington, D.C., to Denver.

The Chicago-based airline decided it couldn't fly the plane until it was cleaned of ticks, so passengers had to wait while another plane was flown from Colorado Springs to Denver. The flight was further delayed because of thunderstorms in the Denver area.

United spokeswoman Robin Urbanski said between one and three ticks were discovered. Urbanski said the airline hasn't figured out how the ticks got on the plane or what type of ticks were found.

"I don't know if we'll be able to find that out," Urbanski said. "When possible, we do try to look into those type of things, and hopefully try to look for its origin."

The replacement plane shuttled the 107 passengers to Des Moines.

The plane with ticks had begun its day in Chicago. It was cleaned of ticks, checked and put back into service.

No ticks were found on passengers.

Ticks are eight-legged parasites that can pass along a number of illnesses to humans, including Lyme disease, which is spread by the deer tick. They are arachnids, a group that also includes spiders and mites.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

link to article

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 03:05:27 pm »
that is such a weird thing to happen. at least v was there tho.

Shelly

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 08:36:31 am »
Quote from: "eclv"
Hey, it's not the middle of nowhere! I was so happy that we finally got  Vanessa to come to the Midwest because she so rarely comes to this part of the country. You coast people get her all the time! :)

You said you drove 2 hours each way so it sounds like the middle of no where to me. Sorry I just hold a grudge against the entire state anyway and I didn't think we had any NESSAholics in Des Moines.

Thanks for sharing your review and the heads up. I have Directv so I will definitely look for it.

Okay, so we were supposed to arrive by 1:45pm for a 2:30pm concert but they didn't even let us in until around 3pm. Then we waited until about 3:25pm before Vanessa came out. Apparently, her flight in Denver got cancelled and she was stuck there for like 5 hours. She was supposed to arrive last night but didn't get to Des Moines until today.

I wonder if this is why?

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Some wayward ticks delayed a United Airlines flight from Denver to Des Moines.

Flight 1178 was delayed for nearly six hours on Tuesday after a passenger informed a flight attendant that she found a tick in economy class during a flight from Washington, D.C., to Denver.

The Chicago-based airline decided it couldn't fly the plane until it was cleaned of ticks, so passengers had to wait while another plane was flown from Colorado Springs to Denver. The flight was further delayed because of thunderstorms in the Denver area.

United spokeswoman Robin Urbanski said between one and three ticks were discovered. Urbanski said the airline hasn't figured out how the ticks got on the plane or what type of ticks were found.

"I don't know if we'll be able to find that out," Urbanski said. "When possible, we do try to look into those type of things, and hopefully try to look for its origin."

The replacement plane shuttled the 107 passengers to Des Moines.

The plane with ticks had begun its day in Chicago. It was cleaned of ticks, checked and put back into service.

No ticks were found on passengers.

Ticks are eight-legged parasites that can pass along a number of illnesses to humans, including Lyme disease, which is spread by the deer tick. They are arachnids, a group that also includes spiders and mites.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

link to article

Yes, that is exactly why she was delayed. She was stuck in Denver's airport for like 5 hours. Sorry I didn't explain that to begin with. :)

I don't know if Vanessa has any fans in Iowa but she definitely has some in Nebraska. I obviously am and I have friends who listen to her as well. I've been DYING for her to come to Omaha (we are a huge indie music mecca) and it was great that she did something this amazing close enough for me to drive to it! :)

I THINK the guy said it's going to air on August 7th but I could be wrong...

Moogs21

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 10:17:18 pm »
I was seriously bummed that I couldn't go :(.
I live about 4ish hours away from Des Moines. I would have gone (with lots of begging for a ride), except I had to work that day, and I couldn't get it off..

I'm also seriously annoyed at the radio station she was at (was it STAR97?). I emailed them in April asking for information, and they never answered me. I emailed multiple people. I only knew the name from her myspace and everything...  And yeah, no response. So my only warning was her myspace bulletin and that wasn't enough time for me to get work off...

:( :( :(

Anyway, I'm super excited she's been hanging around the midwest so much. The midwest doesn't get much love, so that's exciting.
Wish I could have been there :(

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 10:31:30 pm »
Quote from: "Moogs21"
I was seriously bummed that I couldn't go :(.
I live about 4ish hours away from Des Moines. I would have gone (with lots of begging for a ride), except I had to work that day, and I couldn't get it off..

I'm also seriously annoyed at the radio station she was at (was it STAR97?). I emailed them in April asking for information, and they never answered me. I emailed multiple people. I only knew the name from her myspace and everything...  And yeah, no response. So my only warning was her myspace bulletin and that wasn't enough time for me to get work off...

:( :( :(

Anyway, I'm super excited she's been hanging around the midwest so much. The midwest doesn't get much love, so that's exciting.
Wish I could have been there :(

Are you planning on going to see her at The House of Blues in August?

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 12:34:40 pm »
http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6578462.html

Bonefish Grill’s Notes From The Road will feature bands and artists including 3 Doors Down, Josh Kelley, Gavin DeGraw, Vanessa Carlton, Ben Folds, Jason Mraz and Matisyahu.

The one-hour series premieres Thursday, August 7 at 8 p.m. ET with a show featuring live performances and candid conversations with The Bravery (pictured), a popular New York-based band touring this summer.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 07:53:06 am »
I need ovation.

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 05:04:42 pm »
I just don't think they did a very good job of getting actual Vanessa fans there. I met a girl there that said they were just inviting random people that came in to eat in the restaurant. And the invitation for actual fans didn't come out until Monday. AND the concert they are having tonight in Des Moines, no one even knew about until Vanessa told us at the show. Even the people in Des Moines had no idea. Very strange.

It is actually pretty common for random people to be invited to these types of events at the last minute.

First off, there are a limited number of seats and spaces so the goal was to get 20 people plus a guest which would be a total of 40 people ... do you think 40 fans were there?  If not, then some of them decided not to show up at the last minute or couldn't make it.

Secondly, sometimes it is smart to add additional "random" people to the event so Vanessa gets more exposure to new individuals and potentially more fans.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that promotion could always be better, more advance notice would be better, etc... just saying that type of promotion is pretty costly and i don't see anyone investing millions of dollars in promoting Vanessa anytime in the future :(
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 12:11:57 am »
Do you think this could be a sort of late "Pleased to Meet You" sort of thing? It's kind of sad how...cold it all sounds. She kind of seems over it all. I don't blame her, but it's sad.
Peace
Adriann

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 08:55:46 am »
http://ovationtv.com/

I am not sure when Vanessa will be on because you click on the schedule and it has Bonefish Grill like on the schedule but it does not give you any info of who's going to be on the episode.