Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 22049 times)

lauraanne

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Pet Peeves
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2008, 06:11:09 pm »
my biggest pet peeve is when people use the word 'literally' excessively. my chem teacher uses it in every other sentence and i want to tell her to stop saying it every time.

"oh you're so obident, can i tell you ot do other things? just kidding, there are children here!"

milla

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/millatraylen
Pet Peeves
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2008, 07:04:11 pm »
Quote from: "lauraanne"
my biggest pet peeve is when people use the word 'literally' excessively. my chem teacher uses it in every other sentence and i want to tell her to stop saying it every time.

God I know, it's so bloody annoying! It doesn't make sense anyway...they always use it in the context of 'she literally exploded with joy' or something and it's like...surely you don't mean that..because if so..mess.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Pet Peeves
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2008, 12:00:48 pm »
Right now it's people who judge you by a reverse moralism.  In a way that is just as closed minded as traditional moralism.  I don't know if you call that a pet peeve but it drives me nuts because I'm actually neither.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Pet Peeves
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2008, 05:14:16 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
Right now it's people who judge you by a reverse moralism.  In a way that is just as closed minded as traditional moralism.  I don't know if you call that a pet peeve but it drives me nuts because I'm actually neither.

^ I know what you mean, and I agree. Well I think I know what you meany anyway. . .like when pro-lifers think pro-choice is 'sinful' and then the pro-choice people think anyone pro-life is a naive religious person?

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Pet Peeves
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2008, 02:09:13 am »
Quote from: "milla"
Quote from: "lauraanne"

God I know, it's so bloody annoying! It doesn't make sense anyway...they always use it in the context of 'she literally exploded with joy' or something and it's like...surely you don't mean that..because if so..mess.

Absolutely!  Literally means literally.  If you don't mean it, don't say it.
Dustin