Author Topic: A little classical and a little alternative: Other Lives  (Read 1714 times)

charmedguy18

A little classical and a little alternative: Other Lives
« on: August 01, 2009, 02:46:47 pm »
So last night my friend posted on her facebook a song that had been stuck in her head. She found it after weeks. I'd been waiting. What I'd heard of the song she played was stunning.

When I clicked on it, though, I wasn't expecting much. A little piano. Maybe a girl who isn't quite the best singer? I wasn't sure. So I did.

My jaw dropped. I was hearing music that I, for a few seconds, I swore was made for me to hear it. The instrumentals were all that had played. I thought the band was a classical group or something. But no, the shock wasn't over. The man (who either IS Damien Rice [don't love his music much] or sounds just like him) began singing and I gasped the largest gulp of air my lungs had ever taken in. It was amazing. A very mellow, independent alternative voice infused throughout with amazing orchestra pieces. Amazing is not nearly intense enough to cover it.

So without further rambles, I will give you the Myspace of this magnificent, brilliant, stunning (kinda) new band, Other Lives Click here.

Cavin

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: A little classical and a little alternative: Other Lives
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 11:58:16 am »
love it. thanks for the rec
formerly fish_for__stars.

charmedguy18

Re: A little classical and a little alternative: Other Lives
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 01:19:20 pm »