Other Topics > Other Musicians

Merry Ellen Kirk

(1/9) > >>

tylor2000:
Check her out on her myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/merryellen

I like her song "Blinding me"  There is a story about that song in her blog and how she came up with it.

NESSAussie:
Tylor you've done it again! Merry Ellen is the genuine article  ;D Lets hope her musical journey continues in the same
vein and despite comparisons to Spektor, McLachlan, Amos and Jewel, she finds her own identity with such a unique
voice  :-* I'll go out on a limb and say MEK is possibly the biggest breath of fresh air to the industry since Kate Bush!!
(provided Merry Ellen can find the same kind of chemistry with a producer as Kate Bush found with Andrew Powell)  :P

Peace

Aaron

tylor2000:
Oh I don't know if I did anything, but thanks. :)  I just noticed that one song which is just dripping with creativity.  The kind you notice if your a creative person yourself.

tylor2000:
She wrote another "Story behind the song" for the song, "Song of the open road" on her blog.

NESSAussie:
Yeah, I really enjoy SOTOR as well; its one of the other tracks that really stands out from the 10 available on youtube
including the Peter Gabriel cover (which I find awesome also; its true to the original but very much Merry Ellen as well)

Peace

Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version